White Tulsa police officer acquitted over fatal shooting of unarmed black man

+T3X4S    4,273
Posted (edited)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tulsa-police-officer-found-not-guilty-manslaughter-030515922.html

Capture.thumb.JPG.ef29b16ef2037d79e35cde3d2a24b11c.JPG

I posted about this when it happened, even listing the GoFundMe page for her legal representation.  However, I did not keep up with the proceedings, in fact, I even forgot about her until I read this.

I am happy to see there is still some court circuits who are unwilling to bend @ the ridiculous demands of the militant BLM, and social & political s**t storm everytime an officer is involved in a shooting of a thug.

Glad to see she was acquitted.  Money well spent.

Edited by Jim K
title

dipsylalapo    853

<Moved to Real World Issues>

DocM    12,477

The Oklahoma Medical Examiner's Office said that Crutcher had 96 nanograms per milliliter of the hallucinogenic drug PCP in his bloodstream at the time of his death.

Enough for the medical examiner to classify as "acute phencyclidine  intoxication." 

Prosecutors have previously said Crutcher’s drug use was not reason enough for Shelby to resort to deadly force, media reports said.

Clearly the thinking process of a desk jockey who's never dealt with someone hopped up on PCP.  It ain't fun, McGee.

Jazmac    469

Murder is murder and she is a murderer. 

+ctebah    2,654
9 minutes ago, DocM said:

Clearly the thinking process of a desk jockey who's never dealt with someone hopped up on PCP.  It ain't fun, McGee.

Being on drugs doesn't mean you should die.  If one subject is too much to handle, you call a backup.

TPreston    5,242
Posted (edited)

1 Question: When's her appearance with a Nazi holocaust denier due ?

tt9BmC3.jpg

DocM    12,477
49 minutes ago, ctebah said:

Being on drugs doesn't mean you should die.  If one subject is too much to handle, you call a backup.

With a big guy on PCP, more like half a dozen or more backups - all large. 

+FloatingFatMan    12,843
7 hours ago, DocM said:

Stop finding excuses for killer cops, Doc. It's getting old.

I just read the article. From the descriptions given, his hands were in the air and he was walking AWAY from her. though she claims he was trying to reach through a car window.  I haven't seen the video, but it sure sounds like he was a threat, alright... :rolleyes:  /s

• Like 3
  • Love 1

TPreston    5,242
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, DocM said:

With a bunch of big white guys pointing weapons at federal officers in bunkerville forget 7 rounds to the skull give them an acquittal and treat them like the salt of the earth for standing up to the federal government.

techbeck    4,806
11 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

I just read the article. From the descriptions given, his hands were in the air and he was walking AWAY from her. though she claims he was trying to reach through a car window.  I haven't seen the video, but it sure sounds like he was a threat, alright... :rolleyes:  /s

Video shows the guy walking away from her going to his truck, hands up.  Last thing you really see if the guy stopping by his car door and kinda leaning over.  Then the police are blocking the rest of what happened.

Whether or not the office is in the wrong, I do not see why people just do not stop and comply with what they are being told.  Is getting shot, and possibly killed, worth ignoring the demands of the police?  Regardless if you are innocent or not?  If you feel like you are being singled out because of race or any other reason, then take it up later.

• Like 1

+ctebah    2,654
2 hours ago, techbeck said:

Video shows the guy walking away from her going to his truck, hands up.  Last thing you really see if the guy stopping by his car door and kinda leaning over.  Then the police are blocking the rest of what happened.

Whether or not the office is in the wrong, I do not see why people just do not stop and comply with what they are being told.  Is getting shot, and possibly killed, worth ignoring the demands of the police?  Regardless if you are innocent or not?  If you feel like you are being singled out because of race or any other reason, then take it up later.

Maybe because he was on heavy drugs?

LaP    1,679
22 hours ago, DocM said:

Well to be honest that's their job. I mean if it takes 12 then call 12 and do the job.

Unless he was an immediate threat to anyone, like in if you don't kill him someone will die in the next couple of seconds, then i don't see how the shooting can be justified (did not read the story).

trag3dy    3,252
1 minute ago, LaP said:

Well to be honest that's their job. I mean if it takes 12 then call 12 and do the job.

Unless he was an immediate threat to anyone, like in if you don't kill him someone will die in the next couple of seconds, then i don't see how the shooting can be justified (did not read the story).

The story is he was walking to and reaching into the open window of his car and wasn't complying with orders given by the police officer.

metallithrax    488
Posted (edited)

I'm surprised nobody has commented on the actual headline/thread title.  

I mean, she shot "a black".

A black what? Cat, Dog, Bear?

• Like 2

TPreston    5,242
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, techbeck said:

If its ok for the white guys at bunkerville to point firearms at federal officers then its ok for this black guy to walk away.

There is massive hypocrisy based on race in these two cases if a black person so much as sneezes its ok to put 7 rounds in his stomach but if your white and a conservative point those guns at those federal officers and conservatives will treat you like the reincarnation of jesus.. till their daddy says blacks were better off as cattle then they skedaddle...

• Like 1

Jim K    8,627
45 minutes ago, metallithrax said:

I'm surprised nobody has commented on the actual headline/thread title.  

I mean, she shot "a black".

A black what? Cat, Dog, Bear?

//titled updated.

techbeck    4,806
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, TPreston said:

If its ok for the white guys at bunkerville to point firearms at federal officers then its ok for this black guy to walk away.

It is not OK for anyone to just walk away.  Different cops have different reactions and some have more restraint than others.   

People are also to quick to throw out the race card when a shooting of a black person occur by a white officer.  But when a black officer kills a white guy, crickets.  No protests or anything.  Hypocrisy indeed.   Same for a black officer killing a black guy.  Some probably are race related, but not every single case.   And there have been reports where there are far more black on black violence.   Towards the end of last year, there were 500 homicides in Chicago and most of them was a black person killing another black person.  Unfortunately, there are racist people out there and people who will do stupid things.  But it appears black lives only matter if a white person is the one who did the killing. 

There has been clear cut cases where officers are held accountable, lost their jobs, or worse.  There have also been cases where there was not enough evidence to convict.  Same with any other court case out there.  Sometimes the verdict goes the way it should, sometimes not.

• Like 1

Emn1ty    3,193
On 8/24/2017 at 4:58 AM, techbeck said:

People are also to quick to throw out the race card when a shooting of a black person occur by a white officer.  But when a black officer kills a white guy, crickets.  No protests or anything.  Hypocrisy indeed.   Same for a black officer killing a black guy.

There's even been cases where the identity of the cop is assumed to be white when they are in fact hispanic or even black. Racism is still the card thrown out.

I wonder if people realize that all this does is make people sympathize more with cops because they are constantly being blamed regardless of the evidence or their actions.