Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 8 New Build First Boot Issue

Hey all,

Today I'm in the process of upgrading the motherboard in my Gaming Rig from a Gigabyte Z170X UD5 TH to Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 8, but I am encountering an issue which is preventing the Rig from booting at all and No output to display

Currently the Debug LED is showing code '72' and has a Red LED at VGA. I know my memory and CPU are fully compatible and are listed on Gigabyte's support list. I am stumped as to what the issue is and everything works with the old board.

Note - I have updated the bios to the latest via Q-Flash and USB Stick (not sure if it installed) and I have alternated the Ram. 

Specs

Intel Core i7 (Skylake) 4.0GHz

Corsair 16GB (2x8) Vengeance LPX 16GB - CMK16GX4M2A2400C14R

Kingston HyperX Fury  240GBSSD - Primary boot drive - not connected

Corsair Hydro H115i AIO

Corsair RM850i PSU 

Corsair 780T Case

Thanks

Looking on the net code 72 is PCH devices initialization, which could be many things, I would have the bare minimum plugged in, 1 stick of RAM etc. and try reseating the CPU mate. Check the CPU pins on the mobo in the process. Also check that a fan is plugged in to the CPU fan header.

Edited by SIE

41 minutes ago, SIE said:

Looking on the net code 72 is PCH devices initialization, which could be many things, I would have the bare minimum plugged in, 1 stick of RAM etc. and try reseating the CPU mate. Check the CPU pins on the mobo in the process. Also check that a fan is plugged in to the CPU fan header.

Yeah turns out the TPU chip I had installed was causing the issue, I didn't think that would be the cause as it worked as normal on old mobo. Removed it, system booted, re-inserted it after bios config and now working as it should.

Thanks anyway :)

17 minutes ago, Robbie Ride said:

Yeah turns out the TPU chip I had installed was causing the issue, I didn't think that would be the cause as it worked as normal on old mobo. Removed it, system booted, re-inserted it after bios config and now working as it should.

Thanks anyway :)

TPU as in machine learning?