[UK] Need help finding Molex to 12v DC male cable to buy

The Molex to DC male cable that powers one of my PC's LED strips has broken.

It's one of these:

eb_molexdc1.thumb.jpg.cadd9954ae98eb038e0533dc13723be0.jpg

Sellers on both Amazon UK and eBay seem to be selling them for £7.50, which seems extremely expensive for what the product is.

Can anyone help me find a cheaper one?

In fact, I bet I could buy a whole single-strip kit (with that cable) for less than £7.50 :p

13 minutes ago, DevTech said:

Hard to imagine something with that cable that 5 minutes with a soldering iron couldn't fix?

Likely but I don't know anyone who can do it.

I was hoping a new one would be around £2 but it seems I was very wrong :|

2 hours ago, Elliot B. said:

Likely but I don't know anyone who can do it.

I was hoping a new one would be around £2 but it seems I was very wrong :|

You could splice the two wires onto another light strip since you have more than one. If you don't know how to use a soldering iron, just twist the wires together and use an electrical twist connector from a home supply store, they come in very small sizes and make a secure connection.

5 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

Considering he lives in the UK... (unless it ships to UK) And "Sorry, this item is no longer available!"

6 hours ago, Elliot B. said:

The Molex to DC male cable that powers one of my PC's LED strips has broken.

It's one of these:

eb_molexdc1.thumb.jpg.cadd9954ae98eb038e0533dc13723be0.jpg

Sellers on both Amazon UK and eBay seem to be selling them for £7.50, which seems extremely expensive for what the product is.

Can anyone help me find a cheaper one?

In fact, I bet I could buy a whole single-strip kit (with that cable) for less than £7.50 :p

Unfortunately, you might have to bite the bullet and pay it (unless you know someone who can repair the current one) I've noticed similar sellers upping their prices, purely because they can, and no one else is competing for said item

Depending on how it broke there are a few things you can try. Molex socket pins can be removed from the body of the plug. Usually they're held in place from being pulled out by a small metal tab that will slide in and then pops up to prevent it from pulling out. Sort of like what a fish hook barb does but springy. Sometimes there is a small square hole on one side where you can push down on the lock and then pull the pin out by tugging on the wire. Then if your lucky you can finagle the part that's clamped to the wire open, pulling out the broken piece and then inserting the new striped wire in and re-clamping. Then making sure the locking tab is in the right position push it back in the molex plug body. If you could describe exactly how it broke it could be helpful.