Really bad luck with SSDs or is it something else?

The initial power supply was Antec, the new one is called Power Spec ( I believe this is microcenter's brand). The thing is the other PC that is in the room with nearly identical specs has been running the Antec one for years no problems.

Just a thought:....

could your case be making making contact with the board somewhere and shorting your SSDs out? Also, is the SSD sharing a power cable with another device that is the same each time?

I mean damn, we're down to the wire here. You've swapped PSUs, MBs and had multiple SSDs. The only constants are your software, case, the outlet and the house you live in.

19 minutes ago, slamfire92 said:

Just a thought:....

could your case be making making contact with the board somewhere and shorting your SSDs out? Also, is the SSD sharing a power cable with another device that is the same each time?

I mean damn, we're down to the wire here. You've swapped PSUs, MBs and had multiple SSDs. The only constants are your software, case, the outlet and the house you live in.

It is sharing power with a regular HDD. This HDD has also been fine since the beginning. It is almost 8 years old with no bad sectors.

26 minutes ago, Gotenks98 said:

It is sharing power with a regular HDD. This HDD has also been fine since the beginning. It is almost 8 years old with no bad sectors.

Doesn't mean it's not causing problems for the SSD. Remove it from the equation. You're running out of potential culprits. 

Stick one of them on its own cable. 

28 minutes ago, Gotenks98 said:

That may be your problem. Try taking that out of the equation...

I find myself in agreement with many other members here, and am thinking a fault within the motherboard or power supply, my ssd is approaching 4 or 5 years old now, and hasn't missed a beat, I am curious however, are you using some sort of aggressive, constant and continual scanning software or app, or widget in regard to your ssd? (potentially causing the circuits to overheat)?

If it's failing drives have you tried using a brand new data cable? Have you been using the same data cable for each by any chance? There might be nothing wrong with them at all.

19 hours ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

If it's failing drives have you tried using a brand new data cable? Have you been using the same data cable for each by any chance? There might be nothing wrong with them at all.

OP did mention getting a new cable.  I thought it was getting away from the issue @ hand.  But considering the cost of a cable ($3.00 USD) - why not ?