Seeing content in Mini Spy from sections that are marked as 'Excluded'

Capture.thumb.PNG.2aa1774bb8e390a720940a11de8743ca.PNG

As can be clearly seen, I have Domestic Politics excluded from mini spy, yet I am still seeing headlines from Domestic Politics.

minispy.thumb.PNG.53bc9664b81aa21b6c39859fcb9b250d.PNG

We upgraded recently, if this isn't a cookie issue, maybe that mod still needs adding or tweaked, thanks for reporting have passed it on to devs.

Still seeing this, it is not a huge deal, but still I am just wondering if is being addressed or in Que to worked on?

Never bothered to ask since I didn't use it that much but how do you enable the minispy again after hiding it?

29 minutes ago, Seahorsepip said:

Never bothered to ask since I didn't use it that much but how do you enable the minispy again after hiding it?

It used to show up here, but I'm not sure.. doesn't the minispy bar simply collapse now, allowing you to toggle it on?

Might need to check your adblock settings :/:p

BTW I have again pinged @DaveLegg to the exclude from minispy bug.

I'm in the middle of moving house, so may take a while for me to get to this, but it's on my list. Just to help me, do you have Domestic Politics excluded directly, or is it excluded because the parent forum (RWI) is excluded? If it's showing as excluded because the grandparent (RWN) is excluded, that may be it, I have a feeling that the exclusion code may only look at the forum itself and the parent - I can check to be sure when I have a few minutes. As a test though, if this is the case, you could try un-excluding RWN, exclude Domestic Politics, and then re-exclude RWN

2 hours ago, Steven P. said:

It used to show up here, but I'm not sure.. doesn't the minispy bar simply collapse now, allowing you to toggle it on?

Might need to check your adblock settings :/:p

BTW I have again pinged @DaveLegg to the exclude from minispy bug.

It seems my adblock caused it, don't even know why I had it enabled on this site in the first place :p

18 minutes ago, Seahorsepip said:

It seems my adblock caused it, don't even know why I had it enabled on this site in the first place :p

We don't get the "fancy" ads in The Netherlands, there's not much buy for them.

• Like 1

Funny a few of us have brought this up before but the dev's response was "dont like it dont read it."

Id rather not have to block the entire RWN as I enjoy the Science section, but that is my only option right now because this feature hasnt worked in months. If i select RWN, I cannot un-check just Science because the main forum is hidden, which means the only way right now is to manually block the others, but even that doesnt seem to be working.

• 5 weeks later...

OK, this issue has reared it's ugly head again! Domestic Politics is showing in mini spy despite it being disabled! Done the whole cache and cookie clearing thing and the issue still shows up... it went away for awhile but recently (last 2 or 3 days?) shown up again.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no change and it is rather annoying to see topics in the mini spy that I do not want to see, which is the reason I marked the section as excluded. @DaveLegg any chance you have had the time to look into this?

On 01/06/2017 at 8:49 AM, DaveLegg said:

Just to help me, do you have Domestic Politics excluded directly, or is it excluded because the parent forum (RWI) is excluded? If it's showing as excluded because the grandparent (RWN) is excluded, that may be it, I have a feeling that the exclusion code may only look at the forum itself and the parent - I can check to be sure when I have a few minutes. As a test though, if this is the case, you could try un-excluding RWN, exclude Domestic Politics, and then re-exclude RWN

If you could answer that, it may help me find the issue.

Also, are you seeing these topics on the initial load of the minispy area, or are they loading in afterwards? If they're loading in afterwards, do they still show if you refresh? There's a server side filter, and a client side filter, depending which way it's loaded, and the problem may be in only one of the filters, so if you could tell me that, it would help me look in the correct place.

7 hours ago, DaveLegg said:

If you could answer that, it may help me find the issue.

Also, are you seeing these topics on the initial load of the minispy area, or are they loading in afterwards? If they're loading in afterwards, do they still show if you refresh? There's a server side filter, and a client side filter, depending which way it's loaded, and the problem may be in only one of the filters, so if you could tell me that, it would help me look in the correct place.

I thought I did answer it, sorry. I have it excluded directly and I have have RWI excluded as well. I did try as you suggested and it has not made any difference. It showing at both times (even after a refresh)

31 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I thought I did answer it, sorry. I have it excluded directly and I have have RWI excluded as well. I did try as you suggested and it has not made any difference. It showing at both times (even after a refresh)

Thanks, that's useful, gives me a place to start looking