CNN 'terminates' Kathy Griffin's hosting duties on New Year's Eve program

I cannot stand Trump or anything that he stands for.  But I'm with CNN on this - it was a damned ridiculous move on Griffin's part and actions have consequences.

I've never been a fan of Griffin personally. What she has done is shameful, and disrespectful not just to the individual, but to the position of President of the United States of America.

This would never be good regardless of if it was Trump, or a different President.

Obama, Bush, Clinton, Kennedy, or Trump this is just unacceptable.

• Like 3

Initially I didn't think she deserved to lose her job over this, but some footage of her saying that they'd need to "leave" and they were "done" after this before releasing it suggests she knew exactly what she was doing. As @Nefarious Trigger put it, actions have consequences.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

Initially I didn't think she deserved to lose her job over this, but some footage of her saying that they'd need to "leave" and they were "done" after this before releasing it suggests she knew exactly what she was doing. As @Nefarious Trigger put it, actions have consequences.

She's been around long enough to be very much aware of this

Was watching a little of what she said in a press conference.  She is pretty much playing the victim now.   She made a dumb call, own up to it and move on.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, techbeck said:

Was watching a little of what she said in a press conference.  She is pretty much playing the victim now.   She made a dumb call, own up to it and move on.

Yep, Now the Secrete Service is investigating her ass ...LOL!!! ... GREAT!!!! Awww pooooor Kathy. I guess it sounded like a good idea at the time. :D

https://www.yahoo.com/news/1285364-170602063.html

This morning it was reported she's lost several gigs, and Senator Al Fanken (D) has dis-invited her from a major political event.

#career_suicide

4 minutes ago, DocM said:

This morning it was reported she's lost several gigs, and Senator Al Fanken (D) has dis-invited her from a major political event.

#career_suicide

And yet a republican can physically assault an innocent journalist and get nothing but defence from the GOP.

At least one party has standards.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TPreston said:

And yet a republican can physically assault an innocent journalist and get nothing but defence from the GOP 

Such things have a long history, in both parties, and the way 60%+ of people feel about the press today they're lucky more of them don't end up head down in trash cans.

Dem example,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/05/25/meet-another-national-candidate-who-assaulted-a-reporter-hes-still-not-sorry-36-years-later/?utm_term=.e4c6ef5e6bc7

A Senate candidate punched a reporter in 1981. He says he would do it again.

Before there was Greg Gianforte, there was H. John Rogers.

>

....Rogers, who punched a TV reporter at a news conference in 1981 on the day he launched a Democratic primary campaign to represent West Virginia in the Senate.

>

...and by far not the only or last.

1 hour ago, warwagon said:

Yep, Now the Secrete Service is investigating her ass ...LOL!!! ... GREAT!!!! Awww pooooor Kathy. I guess it sounded like a good idea at the time. :D

https://www.yahoo.com/news/1285364-170602063.html

She is not being attacked either. SS had to investigate an matters like this. Her own fault. And she also stated back in December that she was going after Barron as well. She was dumb and get literally crying on TV and playing the victim sheds more negative light on this and makes things worse for her. Anyway, never thought she was that funny anyway. She will soon be on those dumbest criminal shows along with Tanya harding 

Edited by techbeck
  • Like 2

Wow just Wow! I just saw the photo and video on TMZ, I mean I hate Trump but Wow Kathy I don't know. Have you seen the video shoot? My God it was like surreal life like of this head and blood dripping and eyes closed like in real life death closed!

Edited by Mele
  • Like 1

Griffin said in the press conference it was part of an act when she said it.  Also, it was said it was a comment that was made years ago.  Image and other places say it was part of an interview with her.  Whether or not what is true/false...do a stupid stunt like that and things you said in the past will be taken and used against you.

kathy-griffin-3.jpg

On 6/1/2017 at 3:29 AM, hagjohn said:

The picture was in poor taste and shouldn't have been made/posted but I'm not sure I remember the right getting upset over pictures of Obama being lynched or burned or the calling for assignation by conservatives/GOP.

the obama things were done by uneducated redneck pig/sheep lovers. celebrities and people highly educated should be held to higher standard.

2 hours ago, Rippleman said:

the obama things were done by uneducated redneck pig/sheep lovers. celebrities and people highly educated should be held to higher standard.

We are all make mistakes, no matter who we are. The important thing is that we learn from those mistakes and not make them again. Kathy pushes the edge, so I'm not sure she would even consider this a mistake. I haven't read up on anything she has said since the pic.

• 1 month later...

Yashar Ali ✔ @yashar (Huffington Post)
News: Kathy Griffin has been interviewed by the Secret Service, in-person, for over an hour....investigation still not closed.
2:39 PM - 3 Jul 2017

http://ijr.com/the-declaration/2017/07/912141-federal-agents-just-paid-visit-kathy-griffin-grilled-hour

Federal Agents Just Paid a Visit to Kathy Griffin — And Grilled Her for Over an Hour

Comedian and actress Kathy Griffin has reportedly been interviewed by the U.S. Secret Service for more than an hour. The investigation is connected to a recent photograph which showed her holding the bloody head of Donald Trump.

When Kathy Griffin posed for a photoshoot holding a fake decapitated, bloody head of President Donald Trump in June, she likely didnt think about the wide-reaching implications of her so-called joke.

While her controversial stunt resulted in some serious professional consequences, it also earned her a lengthy visit from the U.S. Secret Service.

Secret Service agents reportedly tracked down Griffin and interviewed her in person for more than an hour. Further, the investigation into the bloody head debacle remains open.
>

39 minutes ago, DocM said:

Yashar Ali ✔ @yashar (Huffington Post)

News: Kathy Griffin has been interviewed by the Secret Service, in-person, for over an hour....investigation still not closed. - 2:39 PM - 3 Jul 2017

http://ijr.com/the-declaration/2017/07/912141-federal-agents-just-paid-visit-kathy-griffin-grilled-hour

Kathy did a dumb thing.  I'm sure she learned her lesson.

Now... can we get back to investigating North Korea?  That could be an actual threat.

Not a tasteless photograph of a "celebrity"

7 hours ago, Michael Scrip said:

>

Now... can we get back to investigating North Korea?  That could be an actual threat.

>

Not much of an investigation needed; they tested an ICBM July 4, can launch IRBM's from submarines, have successfully tested a re-entry capable warhead vehicle, and by most accounts have a miniaturized warheads. 

Report: they're dangerous as hell.

Would they nuke a city or base? Unlikely but not impossible.

Would they mount an EMP attack? Very possible. A nuke daughter payload on one or more of their satellites, detonated over the middle of a continent, could KO power grids and unhardened electronic devices on a continental scale. Several could send Japan, N. America, Europe, and even China back to 1880.

16 minutes ago, DocM said:

Not much of an investigation needed; they tested an ICBM July 4, can launch IRBM's from submarines, have successfully tested a re-entry capable warhead vehicle, and by most accounts have a miniaturized warheads. 

Report: they're dangerous as hell.

Would they nuke a city or base? Unlikely but not impossible.

Would they mount an EMP attack? Very possible. A nuke daughter payload on one or more of their satellites, detonated over the middle of a continent, could KO power grids and unhardened electronic devices on a continental scale. Several could send Japan, N. America, Europe, and even China back to 1880.

Exactly my point.

Kathy Griffin = not a threat

North Korea = absolutely a threat

But let's spend resources on investigating a comedian.  (I know it's only a couple secret service agents... but still...)  :) 

Just now, Michael Scrip said:

Exactly my point.

Kathy Griffin = not a threat

North Korea = absolutely a threat

But let's spend resources on investigating a comedian.  (I know it's only a couple secret service agents... but still...)  :) 

SS is required to investigate every situation like this no matter how low the risk.  And I am sure they are not using all their resources on Griffin and there are plenty of others keep on eye on NK.

Just now, techbeck said:

SS is required to investigate every situation like this no matter how low the risk.  And I am sure they are not using all their resources on Griffin and there are plenty of others keep on eye on NK.

I know... I know...

It's just the overall principle of the whole thing.

Trump always talks about distractions... it's been a month and we're still talking about (non-threat) Kathy Griffin.

Gosh... if they have to investigate every threat on Trump.... I bet his secret service is busy!!!  

It's funny that they "built a wall" around Trump Tower.  It's the only wall he'll get!!

33 minutes ago, Michael Scrip said:

It's funny that they "built a wall" around Trump Tower.  It's the only wall he'll get!!

Walls don't have to be physical. Just because USCBP is once again taking enforcement seriously the number of illegals crossing into the US has dropped drastically.

Early 2017

drop_in_illegals_Jan-March_17.thumb.jpg.460e6ea29229b5c6d12cfa641a91860a.jpg

July 3 NYT article on Central Americans staying home

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/03/world/americas/honduras-migration-border-wall.html

While some of Mr. Trump's most ambitious plans to tighten the border are still a long way off particularly his campaign pledge to build a massive wall his hard-line approach to immigration already seems to have led to sharp declines in the flow of migrants from Central America bound for the United States

Message sent & received.

Edited by DocM

1 hour ago, DocM said:

Walls don't have to be physical. Just because USCBP is once again taking enforcement seriously the number of illegals crossing into the US has dropped drastically.

Early 2017

drop_in_illegals_Jan-March_17.thumb.jpg.460e6ea29229b5c6d12cfa641a91860a.jpg

July 3 NYT article on Central Americans staying home

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/03/world/americas/honduras-migration-border-wall.html

Message sent & received.

Wow!  That's quite a drop!

I wonder if the same number of immigrants are trying to cross the border and are getting turned away...

...or if there are huge numbers of immigrants saying "I don't want anything to do with this country" and who aren't even trying.

It's the same result... I'm just wondering what the cause is.

In other words... are there fewer illegal immigrants crossing the border because of tougher security?

Or are there fewer illegal immigrants crossing the border because they don't think the United States is a great place to be anymore?

Both. 

Increased border security certainly does its part, but so does the Federal government putting heat on the states and cities who were protecting them from USCBP via Sanctuary Cities and states looking the other way.

It'll take time to roll this back, cities appealing to the Supreme Court etc., but the composition of SCOTUS is definitely heading more in the direction of  strict constructionist originalism;

Justice Gorsuch may well be more conservative than the late Justice Scalia, and Justice Kennedy is going to retire after the fall term - no doubt replaced by another in the mold of Thomas or Gorsuch.  Additionally, Justices Breyer and Kagan are making noises they want to 'work with' the conservative majority. Don't be surprised to see 6-3 or 7-2 votes.