E3 2017 Microsoft Press Conference Discussion

wakjak

So far all I've seen are Sequel/Sequel/Sequel.. here's hoping for some new IP soon

dipsylalapo
1 minute ago, wakjak said:

So far all I've seen are Sequel/Sequel/Sequel.. here's hoping for some new IP soon

Give them time :p:p only seen 3 out of 42 but yeah bring on the new IPs

George P
1 minute ago, wakjak said:

Sequels keep selling so they're always going to be around.

George P

Battlegrounds up next.

wakjak

An original game that looks really cool "Deep Rock"

wakjak

I really hope State of Decay 2 is in very early alpha... that animation and framerate are garbage...

wakjak

The Darwin Project looks like a cool twist on Overwatch.

• Like 1
George P

Time for some minecraft.

wakjak

DBZ: Fighter. Or DB Fighter Z... either way, looks like a 2.5D Fighter ala SF4/5, MK.

Looks like Black Desert coming to console.

The Last Night looks interesting.

I wonder how long they're "Exclusive" to Xbox? Just launch window?

CodeVein looks cool.

Edited by wakjak
dipsylalapo
7 minutes ago, wakjak said:

I wonder how long they're "Exclusive" to Xbox? Just launch window?

6-12 months? They seem to have a lot of Launch Exclusives and not many Exclusives. 

Getting annoyed hearing the Exclusive man

wakjak
1 minute ago, dipsylalapo said:

6-12 months? They seem to have a lot of Launch Exclusives and not many Exclusives. 

Getting annoyed hearing the Exclusive man

Sea of Thieves looks pretty cool.. nice for an exclusive.. might have to get it on Windows 10

• Like 2
MikeChipshop
4 minutes ago, wakjak said:

Sea of Thieves looks pretty cool.. nice for an exclusive.. might have to get it on Windows 10

The Alpha is a loooott of fun.

• Like 1
dipsylalapo

Crackdown looks to be a One X launch title . No sign of the cloud ;) or that awesome looking destruction

• Like 1
wakjak

World Premiere of the second Life is Strange game.. or prequel

MikeChipshop
5 minutes ago, wakjak said:

World Premiere of the second Life is Strange game.. or prequel

My stream must be well delayed, I'm only just getting that now.

George P

Shadow of War demo time.

wakjak
1 minute ago, MikeChipshop said:

My stream must be well delayed, I'm only just getting that now.

seems that way lol.. now it's shadow of war... I'm waiting for the wow factor or a holy crap type moment/game.. maybe im expecting too much... although.. Crackdown finally coming and not being cancelled is nice.

George P

New Ori sequel

dipsylalapo
3 minutes ago, wakjak said:

seems that way lol.. now it's shadow of war... I'm waiting for the wow factor or a holy crap type moment/game.. maybe im expecting too much... although.. Crackdown finally coming and not being cancelled is nice.

There's still time to delay :p

I'm like you, I'm not sure if my expectations are higher or video games just don't excite me the way that they used too, but I'm not being blown away by anything. 

Still no word on price

• Like 1
wakjak

Xbox 360 and Original Xbox Backwards compatibility now.

George P

Original Xbox games coming to BC!

MikeChipshop
4 minutes ago, George P said:

New Ori sequel

That's me happy. Amazing looks, amazing sounds and huge play-ability. 

George P

$499 is the official price.

MikeChipshop
4 minutes ago, George P said:

$499 is the official price.

I'll eat my hat then. I was absolutely certain it'd be a premium price way over and above $499. Day one buy along with a new TV.

• Like 1
  • Andrew unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Asher Madan
      Xbox Deals with Gold feature Borderlands, Destiny, and more
      by Asher Madan

Every week, Microsoft and select publishers discount a number of titles for weekly Deals with Gold, Spotlight, and Publisher (Shocktober, Star Wars Mandalorian, and Watch Dogs: Legion Hack) sales. This week, games from Borderlands, Dead Space, and other franchises are available for substantially less.

Below, you'll find the Xbox One and Xbox 360 games with their respective discounts. Xbox Live Gold members receive additional discounts on a number of titles through the paid subscription which is denoted with an asterisk.

Xbox One
      Xbox 360
      Many of the Xbox 360 games appear to be backward compatible so you'll be able to play them on your Xbox One and the upcoming Xbox Series X|S. Currently, Microsoft isn't adding any more backward compatible titles to the program, but that should change in 2021.

Which titles are you interested in? Did you pick any up? Let us know in the comments below.

• By indospot
      Dynabook introduces new Portégé X40 with Tiger Lake processors
      by João Carrasqueira

Dynabook, the company formerly known as Toshiba, has introduced a new Portégé laptop with Intel's newest 11th-generation processors, or Tiger Lake. The Portégé X40-J adds onto the lineup of devices Dynabook had already introduced last month, and is the company's first 14-inch laptop with Tiger Lake.

The Portégé X40-J has up to Intel Core i7-1165G7 with Intel's Iris Xe graphics, and it has up to 32GB of dual-channel memory, with one onbord chip and one SODIMM slot. Storage goes up to a 1TB SSD and battery life is up to 13.8 hours.The 14-inch display is only available in Full HD and it's an IPS panel, instead of the Sharp IGZO displays Dynabook has typically used. You do have the option for a privacy screen or touch support.

In terms of ports, there's one HDMI, two USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A ports, two USB Type-C 4.0 ports that also support Thunderbolt 4, a combo audio jack and a microSD card slot. The laptop also supports Wi-Fi 6 an Bluetooth 5.1. For security, there's an IR camera for Windows Hello, as well as an option for a fingerprint reader.

The Portégé X40-J will be available in November, starting at $1,299. Dynabook also announced pricing and availability for the Portégé X30L-J, which it introduced in September. It will also be available in November and starts at $1,329, though the base model comes with an Intel Core i5-1135G7, while the Portégé X40 has a Core i3 for its starting price.

• By Usama Jawad96
      Microsoft develops new machine learning model to detect password spray attacks
      by Usama Jawad

Over the past few weeks, Microsoft has been promoting digital security efforts as a part of its observance of the National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) in October. It has announced new initiatives to promote cybersecurity awareness, unveiled Zero Trust Deployment Center, released an Adversarial ML Threat Matrix, and launched a fairly successful offensive against the malicious Trickbot botnet.

Now the company has stated that it has developed a new machine learning-based algorithm that detects password spray attacks with considerably improved performance than its previous mechanism.

Image via Abine For those unaware, a password spray is a relatively crude and common form of cyberattack in which a malicious actor attacks tenants via thousands of IPs - using botnets in most cases - with a few commonly used passwords rather than trying numerous passwords against a single user. While this indicates that the success rate per account is quite nominal, it also means that the attack is very difficult to detect since it is spread out with such uneven consistency that a tenant may dismiss a couple of unsuccessful login attempts per account as part of the regular login pattern. So, this attack can only be detected across multiple tenants if you notice a single hash failing across numerous accounts.

To counter password spray attacks, Microsoft previously built a heuristic mechanism in which the company observed "the core failure in the system in... worldwide traffic" and notified organizations at risk. Now, the company has improved this mechanism by training a new supervised machine learning algorithm that uses features such as IP reputation, unfamiliar login properties, and other account deviations to detect when a tenant is under attack from password spray.

Microsoft claims that its new model has a 100% increase in recall compared to the heuristic algorithm. This means that it detects twice the number of compromised accounts. Furthermore, it also has a 98% precision, which means that if the model claims that an account has fallen victim to password spray, then this is almost certainly true across all such cases.

The new model will be available soon to Azure AD Identity Protection customers, who will be able to utilize it in the portal and APIs for Identity Protection.

• By Jay Bonggolto
      Microsoft starts rolling out trackpad support to Office apps for iPadOS
      by Jay Bonggolto

Microsoft today announced fresh updates for its Office apps on iPadOS that introduce full support for trackpad capabilities, among others. The latest changes are live for those using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint on the iPad.

The software giant says the new updates should come in handy if you're using a mouse or Apple’s Magic Keyboard to move around texts in Word, resize content in PowerPoint, or select cells in Excel, for example. The cursor also automatically adjusts its function according to the content you're working on.

If you have been using these Office apps on Windows or macOS, the new iPad experience will look familiar to you. That said, today's announcement is not entirely surprising since a report earlier this year suggested that Microsoft would add trackpad support for its Office suite apps on iPadOS.

In addition, the Redmond-based company has introduced new start screens and a fresh ribbon of feature menus to the Word, Excel, and PowerPoint experiences. It says these enhancements provide a "cleaner and more modern" look in line with its Fluent UI design.

These updates are rolling out in phases and should be available to everyone in the next few weeks. In the future, Microsoft has promised to bring multiple document support in Excel, contextual menus, and offline file support for cloud files.

• By indospot
      Microsoft announces new improvements for PowerPoint for Mac
      by João Carrasqueira

Microsoft has announced some improvements that are making their way to PowerPoint for Mac today, along with some other forthcoming improvements. One of the most notable additions that's coming soon is the ability to record video of the presenter during a slideshow.

With remote learning being fairly common these days, the ability to record videos presentations along with presenter video should help educators make more engaging content. Additionally, Microsoft is adding the ability to record inking as well as laser pointer movements during a slideshow. Office Insiders can try these features early, but they should come to general users soon.

In the meantime, some features that were already being tested by Insiders are making the jump and becoming available for everyone. For one thing, it's now possible to record audio files and insert them into a presentation on the fly. You can also export PowerPoint presentations as animated GIFs, complete with the ability to set the image quality and how many seconds should be given to each frame.

Finally, PowerPoint for Mac is getting the ability to generate links to a specific slide in a presentation. All of these features should be available today.