E3 2017 Microsoft Press Conference Discussion

wakjak

So far all I've seen are Sequel/Sequel/Sequel.. here's hoping for some new IP soon

dipsylalapo
1 minute ago, wakjak said:

So far all I've seen are Sequel/Sequel/Sequel.. here's hoping for some new IP soon

Give them time :p:p only seen 3 out of 42 but yeah bring on the new IPs

George P
1 minute ago, wakjak said:

Sequels keep selling so they're always going to be around.

George P

Battlegrounds up next.

wakjak

An original game that looks really cool "Deep Rock"

wakjak

I really hope State of Decay 2 is in very early alpha... that animation and framerate are garbage...

wakjak

The Darwin Project looks like a cool twist on Overwatch.

• Like 1
George P

Time for some minecraft.

wakjak

DBZ: Fighter. Or DB Fighter Z... either way, looks like a 2.5D Fighter ala SF4/5, MK.

Looks like Black Desert coming to console.

The Last Night looks interesting.

I wonder how long they're "Exclusive" to Xbox? Just launch window?

CodeVein looks cool.

Edited by wakjak
dipsylalapo
7 minutes ago, wakjak said:

I wonder how long they're "Exclusive" to Xbox? Just launch window?

6-12 months? They seem to have a lot of Launch Exclusives and not many Exclusives. 

Getting annoyed hearing the Exclusive man

wakjak
1 minute ago, dipsylalapo said:

6-12 months? They seem to have a lot of Launch Exclusives and not many Exclusives. 

Getting annoyed hearing the Exclusive man

Sea of Thieves looks pretty cool.. nice for an exclusive.. might have to get it on Windows 10

• Like 2
MikeChipshop
4 minutes ago, wakjak said:

Sea of Thieves looks pretty cool.. nice for an exclusive.. might have to get it on Windows 10

The Alpha is a loooott of fun.

• Like 1
dipsylalapo

Crackdown looks to be a One X launch title . No sign of the cloud ;) or that awesome looking destruction

• Like 1
wakjak

World Premiere of the second Life is Strange game.. or prequel

MikeChipshop
5 minutes ago, wakjak said:

World Premiere of the second Life is Strange game.. or prequel

My stream must be well delayed, I'm only just getting that now.

George P

Shadow of War demo time.

wakjak
1 minute ago, MikeChipshop said:

My stream must be well delayed, I'm only just getting that now.

seems that way lol.. now it's shadow of war... I'm waiting for the wow factor or a holy crap type moment/game.. maybe im expecting too much... although.. Crackdown finally coming and not being cancelled is nice.

George P

New Ori sequel

dipsylalapo
3 minutes ago, wakjak said:

seems that way lol.. now it's shadow of war... I'm waiting for the wow factor or a holy crap type moment/game.. maybe im expecting too much... although.. Crackdown finally coming and not being cancelled is nice.

There's still time to delay :p

I'm like you, I'm not sure if my expectations are higher or video games just don't excite me the way that they used too, but I'm not being blown away by anything. 

Still no word on price

• Like 1
wakjak

Xbox 360 and Original Xbox Backwards compatibility now.

George P

Original Xbox games coming to BC!

MikeChipshop
4 minutes ago, George P said:

New Ori sequel

That's me happy. Amazing looks, amazing sounds and huge play-ability. 

George P

$499 is the official price.

MikeChipshop
4 minutes ago, George P said:

$499 is the official price.

I'll eat my hat then. I was absolutely certain it'd be a premium price way over and above $499. Day one buy along with a new TV.

• Like 1
  • Andrew unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By anmol112
      Microsoft Edge Canary and Dev now allow users to reset sync data
      by Anmol Mehrotra

Microsoft Edge has come a long way since 2018 when the company first announced its move to ditch EdgeHTML in favour of Chromium. Since then, Microsoft has seen a rise in Edge's usage and the company has been working hard to improve Edge as well as the Chromium framework.

Now, Microsoft has added another feature to Canary and Dev versions that will allow users to reset their sync data (via Techdows). Microsoft allows users to sign in using their Microsoft Account and sync data such as history, favourites, auto-fill data and more across devices. However, if for some reasons, you want to delete this synced data, then you can enable the “Enable reset sync” flag and follow the steps below:

Open Microsoft Edge Canary (or Dev) and click on ellipsis icon on the top right corner Navigate to Settings > Profiles > Sync and scroll down to the bottom of the page Click on 'Reset Sync' and then click on 'Reset' to confirm If you want to disable sync permanently then you can also uncheck the "Resume sync after resetting sync" option while resetting the synced data. Microsoft is suggesting users to utilize the reset sync option if they are having problems syncing browser data across their signed-in device.

Currently, the reset sync option is limited Canary and Dev channels but we expect it to be rolled out to Edge Beta soon. Microsoft is also working on a couple of small but welcome changes for its Edge browser. These include custom themes support for the new tab page as well as the option to disable the reveal password option.

Source: Techdows

• By Usama Jawad96
      Microsoft has disabled 94% of Trickbot's critical operational infrastructure
      by Usama Jawad

A little over a week ago, Microsoft announced that it has partnered with various cybersecurity and telecom firms to disrupt the Trickbot botnet as part of a U.S. court order that it secured. The company stated that this botnet is quite advanced and uses malware-as-a-service model to infect consumer machines and IoT devices with ransomware. While the identities of the operators of Trickbot are currently unknown, Microsoft stated that it has been used both for individual criminal operations as well as nation-state objectives, making it even more dangerous with the U.S. presidential elections looming.

Today, the company has provided more details on how it has disrupted Trickbot's network and has outlined what it plans to do next.

In a blog post, Microsoft has claimed that as of October 18, it has eliminated 94% of Trickbot's critical operational infrastructure since it began its operation a few days ago. Out of 69 major Trickbot servers identified, 62 have already been taken down and the malicious actors operating this botnet have been struggling to add new infrastructure. Microsoft stated that these criminals set up 59 new servers and that the company has disabled all of them, bringing the eliminated servers tally to 120 out of 128.

The Redmond tech giant has noted that since this is an active operation and a painstaking process with action being taken from the opposing side as well, expect these figures to change regularly. However, the company does have three key takeaways from its work so far.

First and foremost, since securing its initial court order allowing it to disable core Trickbot infrastructure a few days ago, Microsoft has procured several other court orders to ensure that other components of the infrastructure are taken down as well in a legal manner, and the company will continue doing so until election day on November 3. It has also been working with its global partners and hosting providers who have shared key information about the botnet to uncover new command-and-control servers as well as compromised IoT devices. The company will continue working with ISPs to ensure that compromised devices in households and businesses are remediated so these do not cause further harm.

Secondly, Microsoft has noticed that the individuals operating Trickbot have been scrambling to set up new infrastructure and collaborate with other criminals to deploy malicious payload, and while this move is not as dangerous as Trickbot's native capabilities, it is still something to keep your guard up against. The company says that the purpose of this operation has always been to disrupt the botnet during peak election activity, so the fact that the operators have had to divert their attention elsewhere is certainly positive with respect to the operation's success.

Lastly, Microsoft says that its Digital Crimes Unit is well-versed and highly-trained in Trickbot's infrastructure and identifying malicious activities, and will continue to disrupt the botnet's operation in the coming weeks. It has established direct contact with local ISPs, telecom companies, and global partners who are monitoring and sharing information about Trickbot's activities 24/7. The company says:

Microsoft has also recommended that people directly involved in the elections to utilize the company's tooling such as AccountGuard, Microsoft 365 for Campaigns, and Election Security Advisors to protect themselves from similar threats.

• By Usama Jawad96
      Microsoft announces Teams integration with Zoho Notebook, offers free credits
      by Usama Jawad

With online collaboration and productivity being increasingly important in the pandemic, Microsoft has been working to improve its Teams service. The company announced a bunch of new features in September followed by general availability of Tasks, integration with Azure Lab Services, and a new native Teams app for Windows on ARM devices.

Now, Microsoft has revealed Teams integration with online note-taking service Zoho Notebook.

By installing the Zoho Notebook tab for Microsoft Teams, you'll be able to use various note cards offered by the service to jot down notes, pin important images, create to-do lists, create reminders, attach files, and more. You'll also be able to edit these cards without being forced to switch tabs. Note cards can be copied across various notebooks, and can be grouped, and personalized.

For users who want to store confidential data in notebooks, you can also secure notes with a passcode for increased security. See the service in action below:

Microsoft has also announced that as a part of the assistance it is providing to customers in COVID-19, anyone who signs up using this webpage before December 31, 2020 will receive $500 in Zoho wallet credits to spend within the next 60 that can be used to purchase other Zoho apps and edition upgrades.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Halo 4 Insider testing is now live across PC and Xbox One, brings cross-play support
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

343 Industries planned to kick off the first Insider test of Halo 4 last weekend but was pushed back at the last minute. In a surprise opening and without waiting for the next weekend, the developer has now kicked off the highly-anticipated flight. If previous plans hold true, everyone who has signed up to be a Halo Insider will receive an invite this time, meaning both PC (across Steam and Microsoft Store) and Xbox One users are eligible.

According to 343 Industries community manager John Junyshek, the invites are still going out in waves, so keep an eye out for an email with instructions or head to HaloWaypoint and check for notifications there.

From Halo 4, this flight contains Requiem, Forerunner, Reclaimer, Shutdown, and Composer campaign missions, 11 multiplayer maps across Social and Competitive playlists, and Spartan Ops content, among other enhancements such as Forge improvements, advanced graphics options, and an FOV slider.

Aside from those, 343 Industries is finally preparing to bring cross-play across PC and Xbox One versions as well as input-based matchmaking and server region selection capabilities to the Master Chief Collection. The testing of these features is also happening in this build.

In other Halo news, it was announced earlier today that Halo: The Master Chief Collection will be receiving Xbox Series X|S enhancements on November 17, bringing many enhancements that have been made to the new PC version over to the next-gen console version.

• By Rich Woods
      Microsoft Edge moves to version 88 in the Dev channel
      by Rich Woods

Today, Microsoft released Edge 88.0.673.0 to the Dev channel. It's the first Edge 88 build to show up in the branch, and the news comes shortly following the release of Edge 87 to the Beta channel.

As usual, there's not a whole lot that's new. One thing that's been added is the ability to take a screenshot of a webpage and then add ink to it. This is actually a notable change, since the ability to mark up webpages was one of the key features of the original Edge browser.

Here's the full list of new features:

As always, there are a bunch of fixes and known issues. Here's what got fixed for improved reliability:

Here's what got fixed for changed behavior:

Finally, here's the list of known issues:

As always, you can manually update your browser by going to Settings -> About Microsoft Edge, or you can just wait until it's updated on its own at some point.