E3 2017 Microsoft Press Conference Discussion

dipsylalapo

I thought the same @MikeChipshop

Anthem looks beautiful. 

• Like 1
George P

I know some people were thinking $600 or something higher, that'd just be crazy.

Andrew

Dear oh dear :no:

Good to know I don't need to shell out £430 this year now.

• Like 1
wakjak
Just now, Andrew said:

There really wasn't any "WOW I HAVE TO BUY THIS NOW"... If you've got an Xbox One S, you're not really needing to run out to get a One X.

Andrew
1 minute ago, wakjak said:

There really wasn't any "WOW I HAVE TO BUY THIS NOW"... If you've got an Xbox One S, you're not really needing to run out to get a One X.

Yup, and with only 1.2M 4K households in the UK, a probable price drop on the PS4 Pro, no killer app - MS has one hell of an uphill struggle to sell this console.

The actual console looked great though. No more VCR / swiss cheese plastics and what I imagined the X1 should have looked like in 2013.

vcfan

$499 as I expected. great price

G.i.b.b.s
1 minute ago, wakjak said:

If you've already invested in a 4k tv, like I have, it is a "WOW I HAVE TO BUY THIS NOW" so that i can FINALLY play full 4k 60fps games, unlike my ps4pro which doesn't all the time. The only concerning this is having developers issue updates to already released games to make them "ENHANCED FOR XBOX X"

George P

No big wow game, true, but then again, if you're a multiplatform player anyways, wouldn't getting the best 3rd party experience be a selling point to people to going forward?   I already have a 4k TV as well, so it's an option for holiday or early 2018.

I figure they're going to make a bigger push next year after they've had it on the market and can get more first party games and other exclusives on it.

Yogurth

it is hard making a good presentation without an actual system seller. Nothing there looked great :( apart from The Last Night and I missed The Anthem announcement so I can't comment on that. E3 really showed in how much trouble is XBox gaming ecosystem.

Andrew
1 minute ago, Yogurth said:

it is hard making a good presentation without an actual system seller. Nothing there looked great :( apart from The Last Night and I missed The Anthem announcement so I can't comment on that. E3 really showed in how much trouble is XBox gaming ecosystem.

The Last Night looked amazing! Can't wait to learn more about that one :yes:

Also wish Fallout 4 looked like Metro 3, but oh well, we got what we got :p

• Like 1
+Audioboxer
17 minutes ago, Andrew said:

£450 :rofl:

Screenshot_20170611_235615.png

wakjak

$599 in Canada 

After tax for me would be $688.85 So nearly $700 for console only.. then I'd need a 4K TV.. then $500-$600  maybe $700 for a 4K TV with HDR. 

Vandalsquad

Got called out to emergency job this morning so missed the live stream :( But the job paid for my preorder and console $649AU. People thinking this would be $399 are insane. It's targeted to the enthusiast with expensive gear already. 

Xbox original backwards support is massive, biggest news for me out of this can't believe that isn't being talked about more. We all knew the games we would be getting. A console going forward that will play every generation of games but. Just got invited into Sea of Thieves beta as well :woot: 

Never got around to Witcher either but think I seen that as one of the games getting a 4K upgrade for xbox so I'll finally get in on it (Y)

Sexiest console to date now as well, can finally see why they didn't release the S in black now.

George P
3 hours ago, wakjak said:

$599 in Canada 

After tax for me would be $688.85 So nearly $700 for console only.. then I'd need a 4K TV.. then $500-$600  maybe $700 for a 4K TV with HDR. 

No need to rush it man, wait till early next year, probably when I'll get one as well, like Feb 2018 or so.  I got a new 4k TV back in March so that's out of the way, I'd start with the TV first.

wakjak

Oh I am not rushing, recently bought house, so that comes first with getting expensive stuff lol.

Vandalsquad
7 minutes ago, wakjak said:

Oh I am not rushing, recently bought house, so that comes first with getting expensive stuff lol.

Think of it as a reward to yourself for the hard saving of getting the house :shifty:

• Like 2
George P

Either way, I don't buy new consoles day one, so it's nothing new to me, I'll get it at some point.  This years list of games is on the smaller side, more AA and indie exclusives or timed exclusives.   Not bad, going forward would be interesting, see if devs want to break away and not be held back by the old XB/PS4 hardware and move ahead with games made more for the PS4 Pro and XBX next year.

It's clear though, if you enjoy playing on both and want the best experience as far as 3rd party stuff, looks like Xbox One X is were you will go from now on, like it was back with the 360.

dipsylalapo

Just an interpretation, but looks like the small came with a price. Just reading up on the One X and from Xbox Wire

Every Xbox One X unit will come with a 1TB hard drive, a matching Xbox Wireless Controller, HDMI cable, power supply, a 1-month free Xbox Game Pass subscription and a 14-day free Xbox Live Gold membership.

Does that mean back to external power brick?

Edit, if I finished the article the next paragraph says built in power supply!

• Like 1
George P
9 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Just an interpretation, but looks like the small came with a price. Just reading up on the One X and from Xbox Wire

Does that mean back to external power brick?

Edit, if I finished the article the next paragraph says built in power supply!

Yeah it's all internal, the same cable from the S works on the X, all you have to do is take the X, take all the cables off of your S and plug them right into the X and you're good to go.

Also saw this just come across twitter.

dipsylalapo

Looks pretty cool. I'm dreading to think what the 4K patch sizes are for the One X

MikeChipshop
12 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Looks pretty cool. I'm dreading to think what the 4K patch sizes are for the One X

For me i n Scotland it'll be "This game needs an update. Come back and try again in three weeks" :p

-T-
3 minutes ago, MikeChipshop said:

For me i n Scotland it'll be "This game needs an update. Come back and try again in three weeks" :p

I'm in a virgin media area in Scotland, being on the updates 

Buying this day one, can't wait 

MikeChipshop
1 minute ago, -T- said:

I'm in a virgin media area in Scotland, being on the updates 

Buying this day one, can't wait 

Show off. I'm on the only choice available here BT, and being rural its absolutely dire. Still, the One X is going to be a day oner for me too.

dipsylalapo
38 minutes ago, MikeChipshop said:

Show off. I'm on the only choice available here BT, and being rural its absolutely dire. Still, the One X is going to be a day oner for me too.

You better hope that there's not a large update on Day One like they had with the One. 

• Like 1
George P
36 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

You better hope that there's not a large update on Day One like they had with the One. 

The updates  to existing games for 4k might be big due to the nature of it, you're downloading the bigger, more detailed, 4k assets.  Look at the size of Gears 4 on the Xbox One and then look at the size of it on the PC, you'll get a good idea of what to expect.

I also don't expect a big day one update either, they've been working on this for quite some time and the dash will probably be the same between them, just with a 4k option on the X.

• Andrew unpinned this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LoneWolfSL
      Age of Empires II and III Definitive Editions are getting more expansions
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Microsoft and the development teams behind Age of Empires today held a Fan Preview event showcasing what's next for the franchise. In addition to revealing the release window and new footage of the upcoming Age of Empires IV, the event also revealed information regarding the future of Age of Empires II and III Definitive Editions.

Starting with Age of Empires II, the popular entry is gaining another expansion as part of the Definitive Edition's development by World’s Edge. The behemoth real-time strategy game is receiving the eastern Europe-focused Dawn of the Dukes expansion this summer, which will deliver new campaigns and other elements that will be revealed later.

The developer is also working on a new cooperative mode for the game's historical battles that will arrive via a free update later this year. Handpicked campaign missions and historical battles will be delivered for players to tackle with their friends for the first time.

Meanwhile, Age of Empires III is slated to receive its first major content update, with The United States civilization being delivered. This new civilization will feature "a new home city, nine new units, a new age-up mechanic, and more." Moreover, for a limited time, players will be able to claim this U.S. civilization for free by completing an in-game community challenge. Otherwise, the content will cost $4.99 to purchase.

The Definitive Edition development team is working on a new expansion for Age of Empires III as well. While details are scarce, the expansion will feature African civilizations and is slated to release later this year.

All content announced today is heading to Age of Empires II and III Definitive Edition players across Steam, Microsoft Store, and Xbox Game Pass for PC.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Age of Empires IV launches fall 2021, new gameplay and civilizations shown off
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

The upcoming fourth entry to the Age of Empires real-time strategy series was shown off today at the Fan Preview event, as promised. The highly-anticipated title also received a launch window for the first time, with Relic Entertainment announcing a Fall 2021 release plan for Windows.

As for the gameplay, this is the first time that footage from a player perspective has been released, and today's reveal covered new gameplay, campaigns, and more. Catch the extended look above.

Many elements from the series' most popular entry, Age of Empires II, seem to be present in Age of Empires IV, at least in the early look given today. Aside from glimpses at the unique looks of each civilization, material gathering, and combat (with a sneak peek at naval elements), some new features like hiding troops in trees for ambushing were revealed here as well.

Age of Empires IV will include eight civilizations at launch, and today's preview unveiled Delhi Sultanate and Chinese as two new civilizations heading in, which join the Mongols and the English that were announced previously. Four historical campaigns and asymmetrical civilization designs were also confirmed today.

There is good news for those looking to get into the game before the official launch this fall, as Relic is looking to kick off an Age of Empires IV closed beta soon. The developer urged interested players to sign up as an Age Insider on its official website for a chance to gain access. Age of Empires IV is releasing on Steam and Microsoft Store for Windows and as part of the Xbox Game Pass for PC subscription on day one.

• By anmol112
      Surface Pro 7 gets a new firmware update to improve camera experience and more
      by Anmol Mehrotra

Microsoft has released a new set of firmware updates for the Surface Pro 7 users. The new update brings improvements to the camera experience as well power consumption during camera usage. Apart from that, the update also brings stability improvements to both WiFi and Bluetooth. Lastly, it also improves system security and integration between system and pen inking.

You can head down to check out the changelog of the update:

Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Version and Update Intel Corporation – System - 42.18362.3.3541 Surface Camera Rear - System devices 42.18362.3.3541

Improves camera experience and power consumption during use. Intel Corporation – Extension - 42.18362.3.3541 Surface Camera Rear Extension 42.18362.3.3541

Improves integration between system services. Intel Corporation – System - 42.18362.3.3541 Surface Camera Front - System devices 42.18362.3.3541

Improves camera experience and power consumption during use. Intel Corporation – Extension 42.18362.3.3541 Surface Camera Front Extension 42.18362.3.3541

Improves integration between system services. Intel Corporation - System - 42.18362.3.3541 Surface Camera IR -System devices 42.18362.3.3541

Improves camera experience and power consumption during use. Intel Corporation – Extension - 42.18362.3.3541 Surface Camera IR Extension 42.18362.3.3541

Improves integration between system services. Intel – Camera – 42.18362.3.3541 Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500 – Camera 42.18362.3.3541

Improves camera experience and power consumption during use. Intel Corporation – System – 42.18362.3.3541 Intel(R) Control Logic – System devices 42.18362.3.3541

Improves camera experience and power consumption during use. Intel Corporation – System - 42.18362.3.3541 Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processor -System devices 42.18362.3.3541

Improves camera experience and power consumption during use. Intel - net - 22.20.0.6 Intel(R) WiFi 6 AX201 160MHz - Network adapters 22.20.0.6

Improves Wi-Fi stability. Intel - Bluetooth - 22.20.1.1 Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth - Bluetooth 22.20.1.1

Improves Bluetooth stability. Surface - Security - 7.2.2.0 Surface Trusted Platform Module 2.0 - Security devices 7.2.2.0

Improves system security and stability. Surface – Firmware – 14.312.139.0 Surface System Aggregator – Firmware 14.312.139.0

Improves battery performance, system stability, and system telemetry reporting. Surface – Firmware – 9.104.140.0 Surface UEFI – Firmware 9.104.140.0

Improves system stability and system USB port identification. Surface - System - 21.31.139.0 Surface Integration - System devices 21.31.139.0

Improves integration between system and pen inking. Earlier this week, Microsoft also released firmware updates for a bunch of Surface devices including the Surface Pro 6, Surface Studio 2, and Surface Book 2.

Surface Pro 7 users can head to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update to download the latest firmware updates. Do note that Microsoft seeds firmware updates in batches so you may not see the new updates right away. Alternatively, you can manually download and install the latest firmware and driver package from here. The latest updates are available for users running Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) or higher.

• By anmol112
      Microsoft updates OneDrive on Android and iOS with a host of features and improvements
      by Anmol Mehrotra

Microsoft has released a new update for the OneDrive app on Android and iOS. The iOS app has received a major update while the Android app has received a minor update that improves the user experience.

The new update for the iOS app fixes two VoiceOver related bugs, brings back the ability to write files from the iOS Files app, fixes UI related bugs and more.

Here is the full changelog for the update:

The Android app, on the other hand, has received a relatively minor update that adds a new Home tab to help users pick up where they left off. Furthermore, the new update adds the ability to reorder parts of the settings section. Here is the full changelog for the update:

The new update bumps the OneDrive app for Android to version 6.27, while the iOS app gets bumped to version 12.23.2. OneDrive for Android users can download the update from the Google Play Store, while the update is available on the App Store for Apple users.

• By indospot
      Surface Pro 6 gets new driver and firmware updates to improve stability
      by João Carrasqueira

A handful of Microsoft's Surface devices have already received firmware and driver updates over the past few days, and today, it's time for the Surface Pro 6 to join the fray. The 2-in-1 tablet first released over two years ago is getting a set of updates focused on improving stability and security.

Most of the updates seem to be Intel-related, including a new graphics driver. Here's the full list:

Windows Udpate History Name Device Manager Name Update Intel Corporation – Display – 27.20.100.8681 Intel(R) HD Graphics – Display adapters Improves graphics and system stability.

Intel Corporation – Extension - 27.20.100.8681 Intel® Display Graphics Adapter Driver Extension Addresses security updates and improves system stability.

Intel - Extension - 1952.14.0.1470 Intel(R) ICLS Client - Extension Addresses security updates and improves system stability.

Intel – SoftwareComponent - 1.62.321.1 Intel(R) ICLS Client - Software devices Addresses security updates and improves system stability.

Intel - System - 2040.100.0.1029 Intel(R) Management Engine Interface - System devices Addresses security updates and improves system stability.

Surface - Firmware - 11.8.82.3838 Surface ME - Firmware Addresses security updates and improves system stability.

The updates for the Surface Pro 6 come very shortly after the Surface Studio 2 got its own set of updates. The two devices were announced at the same event in late 2018, and while the Surface Pro 6 has already received a few successors, we have yet to see a follow-up to the Studio 2, so that's still Microsoft's flagship all-in-one.

As usual, you'll need to be running Windows 10 version 1903 or newer to get the updates, but since that version is no longer supported by Microsoft, you should already be using something newer. You can find the updates in the Settings app under Windows Update. Alternatively, you can download the latest driver package from here.