E3 2017 Microsoft Press Conference Discussion

dipsylalapo

I thought the same @MikeChipshop

Anthem looks beautiful. 

• Like 1
George P

I know some people were thinking $600 or something higher, that'd just be crazy.

Andrew

Dear oh dear :no:

Good to know I don't need to shell out £430 this year now.

• Like 1
wakjak
Just now, Andrew said:

There really wasn't any "WOW I HAVE TO BUY THIS NOW"... If you've got an Xbox One S, you're not really needing to run out to get a One X.

Andrew
1 minute ago, wakjak said:

There really wasn't any "WOW I HAVE TO BUY THIS NOW"... If you've got an Xbox One S, you're not really needing to run out to get a One X.

Yup, and with only 1.2M 4K households in the UK, a probable price drop on the PS4 Pro, no killer app - MS has one hell of an uphill struggle to sell this console.

The actual console looked great though. No more VCR / swiss cheese plastics and what I imagined the X1 should have looked like in 2013.

vcfan

$499 as I expected. great price

G.i.b.b.s
1 minute ago, wakjak said:

If you've already invested in a 4k tv, like I have, it is a "WOW I HAVE TO BUY THIS NOW" so that i can FINALLY play full 4k 60fps games, unlike my ps4pro which doesn't all the time. The only concerning this is having developers issue updates to already released games to make them "ENHANCED FOR XBOX X"

George P

No big wow game, true, but then again, if you're a multiplatform player anyways, wouldn't getting the best 3rd party experience be a selling point to people to going forward?   I already have a 4k TV as well, so it's an option for holiday or early 2018.

I figure they're going to make a bigger push next year after they've had it on the market and can get more first party games and other exclusives on it.

Yogurth

it is hard making a good presentation without an actual system seller. Nothing there looked great :( apart from The Last Night and I missed The Anthem announcement so I can't comment on that. E3 really showed in how much trouble is XBox gaming ecosystem.

Andrew
1 minute ago, Yogurth said:

it is hard making a good presentation without an actual system seller. Nothing there looked great :( apart from The Last Night and I missed The Anthem announcement so I can't comment on that. E3 really showed in how much trouble is XBox gaming ecosystem.

The Last Night looked amazing! Can't wait to learn more about that one :yes:

Also wish Fallout 4 looked like Metro 3, but oh well, we got what we got :p

• Like 1
+Audioboxer
17 minutes ago, Andrew said:

£450 :rofl:

Screenshot_20170611_235615.png

wakjak

$599 in Canada 

After tax for me would be $688.85 So nearly $700 for console only.. then I'd need a 4K TV.. then $500-$600  maybe $700 for a 4K TV with HDR. 

Vandalsquad

Got called out to emergency job this morning so missed the live stream :( But the job paid for my preorder and console $649AU. People thinking this would be $399 are insane. It's targeted to the enthusiast with expensive gear already. 

Xbox original backwards support is massive, biggest news for me out of this can't believe that isn't being talked about more. We all knew the games we would be getting. A console going forward that will play every generation of games but. Just got invited into Sea of Thieves beta as well :woot: 

Never got around to Witcher either but think I seen that as one of the games getting a 4K upgrade for xbox so I'll finally get in on it (Y)

Sexiest console to date now as well, can finally see why they didn't release the S in black now.

George P
3 hours ago, wakjak said:

$599 in Canada 

After tax for me would be $688.85 So nearly $700 for console only.. then I'd need a 4K TV.. then $500-$600  maybe $700 for a 4K TV with HDR. 

No need to rush it man, wait till early next year, probably when I'll get one as well, like Feb 2018 or so.  I got a new 4k TV back in March so that's out of the way, I'd start with the TV first.

wakjak

Oh I am not rushing, recently bought house, so that comes first with getting expensive stuff lol.

Vandalsquad
7 minutes ago, wakjak said:

Oh I am not rushing, recently bought house, so that comes first with getting expensive stuff lol.

Think of it as a reward to yourself for the hard saving of getting the house :shifty:

• Like 2
George P

Either way, I don't buy new consoles day one, so it's nothing new to me, I'll get it at some point.  This years list of games is on the smaller side, more AA and indie exclusives or timed exclusives.   Not bad, going forward would be interesting, see if devs want to break away and not be held back by the old XB/PS4 hardware and move ahead with games made more for the PS4 Pro and XBX next year.

It's clear though, if you enjoy playing on both and want the best experience as far as 3rd party stuff, looks like Xbox One X is were you will go from now on, like it was back with the 360.

dipsylalapo

Just an interpretation, but looks like the small came with a price. Just reading up on the One X and from Xbox Wire

Every Xbox One X unit will come with a 1TB hard drive, a matching Xbox Wireless Controller, HDMI cable, power supply, a 1-month free Xbox Game Pass subscription and a 14-day free Xbox Live Gold membership.

Does that mean back to external power brick?

Edit, if I finished the article the next paragraph says built in power supply!

• Like 1
George P
9 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Just an interpretation, but looks like the small came with a price. Just reading up on the One X and from Xbox Wire

Does that mean back to external power brick?

Edit, if I finished the article the next paragraph says built in power supply!

Yeah it's all internal, the same cable from the S works on the X, all you have to do is take the X, take all the cables off of your S and plug them right into the X and you're good to go.

Also saw this just come across twitter.

dipsylalapo

Looks pretty cool. I'm dreading to think what the 4K patch sizes are for the One X

MikeChipshop
12 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Looks pretty cool. I'm dreading to think what the 4K patch sizes are for the One X

For me i n Scotland it'll be "This game needs an update. Come back and try again in three weeks" :p

-T-
3 minutes ago, MikeChipshop said:

For me i n Scotland it'll be "This game needs an update. Come back and try again in three weeks" :p

I'm in a virgin media area in Scotland, being on the updates 

Buying this day one, can't wait 

MikeChipshop
1 minute ago, -T- said:

I'm in a virgin media area in Scotland, being on the updates 

Buying this day one, can't wait 

Show off. I'm on the only choice available here BT, and being rural its absolutely dire. Still, the One X is going to be a day oner for me too.

dipsylalapo
38 minutes ago, MikeChipshop said:

Show off. I'm on the only choice available here BT, and being rural its absolutely dire. Still, the One X is going to be a day oner for me too.

You better hope that there's not a large update on Day One like they had with the One. 

• Like 1
George P
36 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

You better hope that there's not a large update on Day One like they had with the One. 

The updates  to existing games for 4k might be big due to the nature of it, you're downloading the bigger, more detailed, 4k assets.  Look at the size of Gears 4 on the Xbox One and then look at the size of it on the PC, you'll get a good idea of what to expect.

I also don't expect a big day one update either, they've been working on this for quite some time and the dash will probably be the same between them, just with a 4k option on the X.

• Andrew unpinned this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By indospot
      This week's Edge Dev build brings the Password Monitor to everyone
      by João Carrasqueira

Microsoft has released its weekly build of the Edge browsers for users running the Dev channel version of the browser. This update brings the browser version to 91.0.852.0, and it includes a handful of significant additions this time around.

The new features include the completed rollout of the Password Monitor feature, which should now be available to everyone in the Dev channel. The Rebates feature for shopping online has also completed its rollout and is now enabled by default. Here's everything that's new:

As with every build that's release to Insiders, there are also a handful of changes to improve the overall experience. One of the lists focuses on improvements to reliability, such as fixing crashes or hangs. Here's what's new:

There are also other fixes focused on the browser's behavior:

Finally, there's a list of known issues, which might make the experience less than ideal. These include some extensions not working on the Linux version of the browser:

Microsoft also warns that next week's build is expected to be the last one based on Chromium 91, meaning it'll move up to the Beta channel around that time. Meanwhile, Edge version 90 should be promoted to the stable channel, too.

• By Rich Woods
      Microsoft releases Windows 10 builds 19042.928, 18363.1500 - here's what's new
      by Rich Woods

Today is Patch Tuesday, meaning that it's the second Tuesday of the month and that it's time for Microsoft to push out a ton of updates. Indeed, every supported version of Windows 10 is getting a cumulative update, and for consumers, that includes versions 1909 and above.

If you're on one of the newest two versions, 20H2 or 2004, you're going to get KB5001330, bringing the build number to 19042.928 or 19041.928, respectively. You can manually download it here, and these are the highlights:

Here's the full changelog:

If you're still on Windows 10 version 1909, which is only supported for another month, you'll get KB5001337, bringing the build number to 18363.1500. You can manually download it here, and these are the highlights:

Here's the full list of fixes:

Finally, there are a bunch of versions of Windows 10 that are no longer supported for consumers, but are still supported for other use cases. Those got updates too.

Version KB Build Download Support 1809 KB5001342

17763.1879 Update Catalog Enterprise and Education SKUs 1803 KB5001339

17134.2145 Update Catalog 1607 KB5001347

14393.4350 Update Catalog Long-Term Servicing Branch 1507 KB5001340

10240.18906 Update Catalog
      As always, these updates are mandatory, meaning that if you don't install them now, they'll be installed automatically.

• By indospot
      Patch Tuesday: Here's what's new for Windows 7 and 8.1
      by João Carrasqueira

Today is the second Tuesday of April, and with it, Microsoft is once again releasing new updates for all supported versions of Windows, including Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7 - as long as you're a business paying for extended security updates.

As usual, there are two types of updates for both Windows 8.1 and Windows 7, as well as their server counterparts - a monthly rollup that's usually installed automatically and a security-only update that you have to install manually.

Starting with Windows 8.1, the monthly rollup update is KB5001382 and you can download it manually here. It includes the following changes:

There's nothing new in terms of known issues, but the one we've been saying for a while now is still here:

Symptom Workaround Certain operations, such as rename, that you perform on files or folders that are on a Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) may fail with the error, “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”. This occurs when you perform the operation on a CSV owner node from a process that doesn’t have administrator privilege. Do one of the following:

Perform the operation from a process that has administrator privilege. Perform the operation from a node that doesn’t have CSV ownership. Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.

As for the security-only update, that's labeled KB5001393 and you can download it manually here. It only includes the following:

It has the same known issue as the monthly rollup.

Moving on to Windows 7, the monthly rollup update is KB5001335 and you can download it manually here. It includes the following changes:

It has the same known issue as the updates above.

Finally, the security-only update for Windows 7 is KB5001392 and you can download it manually here. It also has the same known issue as the other updates, and includes these changes:

As a reminder, only select users are eligible to get updates for Windows 7, since it's no longer supported for the general public. Also, as mentioned at the start, the monthly rollup updates will generally install automatically over time, but you can install them manually if you prefer. The security-only updates can only be installed manually using the links above.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Flight Simulator World Update IV upgrades Western Europe scenery
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

The fourth major content update to Microsoft Flight Simulator arrived today in the form of World Update IV, and this one touts scenery upgrades to Western Europe. France, Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg are now packed with scenery enhancements for various cities, airports, landmarks, and more.

All of the countries mentioned above now feature improved elevation data and aerial imagery, while Paris and Amsterdam have now been upgraded with high-resolution 3D photogrammetry. Megève, Nice, and Rotterdam airports have also been given the "hand-crafted" treatment, with 100 other airports in the area receiving visual and logistical improvements.

Over 100 famous landmarks in the region have been implemented manually for extra detail, including "castles and cathedrals, monuments and museums, palaces, bridges, lighthouses, dams, windmills and stadiums." The developer also revealed there are new architectural elements present in its procedural generation algorithm for adding more authenticity.

The complete patch notes for Microsoft Flight Simulator World Update IV (1.15.7.0) can be seen here. The update is now available to download for free for owners of the game on the Microsoft Store and Steam, as well as Xbox Game Pass subscribers. After updating the sim, players can find the new content in the marketplace as the FRBENELUX bundle.

• By News Staff
      Save 98% off a lifetime membership to Whizlabs Online Certifications
      by Steven Parker

Today's highlighted deal comes via our Online Courses section of the Neowin Deals store, where you can save 97% off a lifetime membership to Whizlabs Online Certifications. Get lifetime access to affordable world-class certification training courses and gain new, essential industry skills.

Are you a practicing professional but wanting to learn more? Learn new skills and knowledge at your own pace with Whizlabs. Whizlabs is a pioneer among online training providers across the world. They provide online certification training in various disciplines such as Cloud Computing, Java, Big Data, Project Management, Agile, Linux, CCNA, and Digital Marketing. Launched in 2000, Whizlabs has helped more than 3 million professionals and 100+ companies across the world to succeed in their careers with multitudes of courses. If you want to boost your career or grow in your current field, then sign up to Whizlabs now!

Access various courses on AWS, Microsoft, Google Cloud, Java, Linux & more Get certifications & validate and demonstrate your new skills Learn from subject-matter experts & certified professionals Get regularly updated content Good to know
      Length of time users can access this course: lifetime This plan is only available to new users Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase For a full description, specs, and instructor info, click here.

What's the benefit?
      Lifetime membership to Whizlabs Online Certifications normally costs* $4,499, but you can pick it up for just $129.99 for a limited time - that represents a saving of $4,369.01 (97%) off.

Spring Sale Promo
      Ends today April 13, for every $75 spent, get $10 in store credit.

Get this deal, or learn more about it
      See all discounted Online Courses. This is a time-limited offer.
      Get $1 credit for every $25 spent · Give $10, Get $10 · 10% off for first-time buyers.

Not for you?
      That's OK, there are other free eBooks on offer you can check out here.

Enter giveaways: Polycade Home Arcade | $5K in cash | $10K in Crypto Ivacy VPN - 5 year subscription for just $1 per month NordVPN - 2 year subscription at up to 68% off Private Internet Access VPN - subscriptions at up to 71% off Unlocator VPN or SmartDNS - unblock Geoblock with 7-day free trial Neowin Store for our preferred partners. Subscribe to Neowin - for $14 a year, or $28 a year for Ad-Free experience Disable Sponsored posts · Neowin Deals · Free eBooks · Neowin Store

Disclosure: A valid email address is required to fulfill your request. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this offer. By submitting a request, your information is subject to TradePub.com's Privacy Policy.