Windows 7 - Weird Win Explorer issues

I work in an architecture firm with 45 people on Windows 7. Yesterday and today, we've been battling a bug. Windows explorer starts with losing file type icons, then evolves into the attached image. We have access to all of our local and network drives, but the icon system is completely jacked. Restarting explorer.exe or a reboot fixes it, but we have to do this once an hour or so. 

What on earth is causing this?

Capture.JPG

Have you tried repairing the icon cache?

kill explorer

attrib -h -i %userprofile%\ appdata\local\iconcache.db

ren %userprofile%\ appdata\local\iconcache.db icon.db

explorer

Reboot.

30 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

Have you tried repairing the icon cache?

kill explorer

attrib -h -i %userprofile%\ appdata\local\iconcache.db

ren %userprofile%\ appdata\local\iconcache.db icon.db

explorer

Reboot.

This didn't help, unfortunately. It's odd in that it continually degrades like a memory leak. Except I'm not seeing a memory leak. And it's happening to dozens of computers on my network. 

Hello,

Have you tried temporarily uninstalling your anti-malware software from one of the computers, restarting it, and then seeing if this makes any difference?  Be sure to reinstall it immediately after you are finished testing.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

On 6/9/2017 at 3:36 AM, goretsky said:

Hello,

Have you tried temporarily uninstalling your anti-malware software from one of the computers, restarting it, and then seeing if this makes any difference?  Be sure to reinstall it immediately after you are finished testing.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Main IT guy is back so I was able to uninstall the anti-virus. I also uninstalled Acrobat Pro, Flash, and others. No dice. It's still going strong, unfortunately.