Extremely weird behavior with FF

So I went to the website myfamilymobile.com and I get a message that the server is down for maintenance, but it has been saying that for 3 days. I open the same page up in Edge and I am able to browse the site just fine. I cleared the cache and the cookies and it still shows me the same message. What could be causing this?

browser is not going to tell you its down for maint.. You prob got some sort of cdn in use like cloudflare - can you  post an actual screenshot of what your browser is showing.

example

cloudflare.thumb.png.6d2e10d8381b0622e5ca638eaa4f010c.png

Down for maint is not something a browser could actually know.. It would be a guess at best.. Unless there is a page being served that says that.. So you have a dns problem?  Your using a proxy that is giving you such an error?

No proxy, flushed DNS cache, here is a current screenshot:
ff.thumb.PNG.036cbf4f72ba87a73c3e5050c5695af0.PNG

Notice that it is going to the page, but giving me this message.

The router is configured to use OpenDNS, however when I do a ipconfig/all it shows comcast (hsdl.fl.comcast.net) as my DNS, I just checked my network setting are all default, so the router should be providing the DNS to my system, but it's not?

Edited by jnelsoninjax

OK part of the problem was the OpenDNS addresses were not entered correctly to the router, I solved that, I also modified the network adapter settings and gave my PC a static IP and told it to use OpenDNS as the DNS, however the issue still exists, and I have done a ctrl+F5 to force a uncached version of the page and it still does it. I also checked the hosts file and the internet options control panel and nothing is set for proxy and the hosts file is clean.

Ping from the command line provides me this address for myfamilymoble.com 192.230.74.82, but it shows me:

ff2.thumb.PNG.dbb46d27b04a15a1bf0090df3d860df5.PNG

Edited by jnelsoninjax

18 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

OK part of the problem was the OpenDNS addresses were not entered correctly to the router, I solved that, I also modified the network adapter settings and gave my PC a static IP and told it to use OpenDNS as the DNS, however the issue still exists, and I have done a ctrl+F5 to force a uncached version of the page and it still does it.

Ping from the command line provides me this address for myfamilymoble.com 192.230.74.82, but it shows me:

ff2.thumb.PNG.dbb46d27b04a15a1bf0090df3d860df5.PNG

Who is your carrier?  I had a similar problem getting this message from Ebay and Costco, "Access Denied".  No browser would get there from my home wifi. Cell phones, tablets, nothing if it was on Wifi. But if I connect via Ethernet cable, connects without issue.  I went out and purchased a brand new 180.00 router which worked fine for about a week or so, then the problem returned. Access Denied.  Frustrating as hell. I can't keep buying routers so I just lived with it. Then 3 days after a call to Cox, who seemingly did nothing, the problem disappeared. 

Comcast is the isp. I just tried from my Android tablet and I can access the site just fine, no down for maintenance message. Tablet is WiFi only.

If you're just refreshing the page, then you'll see the error again because the URL is specifically pointing you to the error page. If you remove the /server_error.html from the end of the URL, and try to load the site again, does it now work, or are you redirected again to the error page?

9 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

If you're just refreshing the page, then you'll see the error again because the URL is specifically pointing you to the error page. If you remove the /server_error.html from the end of the URL, and try to load the site again, does it now work, or are you redirected again to the error page?

It automatically directs me to the /server_error even when I just type in myfamilymobile.com

My roommate just tried going to the same site via Seamonkey and he can see the site, but when he opened it via Firefox it showed him the same error I am seeing.

Edited by jnelsoninjax

That error is being served by them - yes if you go to server_error.html you will get that.. That our browser is taking you there you will always get that page - I can go there at will.

errorpageontheirsitepng.thumb.png.43846a5ab6c92cd4259d8a387649fbea.png

FF likes to get stuck going to what its been to before - especially with https.  did you try https://www.myfamilymobile.com/

I wonder if they put in a 301 in place of a 302 while doing maintenance, and the browser has cached that - that probably wouldn't be cleared with a standard cache clean?

52 minutes ago, BudMan said:

possible try calling up /index.html directly. https://myfamilymobile.com/index.html

you should also be able to call up the site in your history and rightclick and pick forget about this site.

redirectremove.png

Also what version of FF you using 54 is current.

Despite doing everything you suggested, it still wants to go to the server error page. I have cleared the cache and I told history to forget about it, and it still insists on loading the error page. Even https and /index redirect me to the error page. OK, so I just disabled Noscript, despite it showing nothing being blocked and suddenly I am able to view the site normally.