Cheap Laptop/Chromebook

I know when you look for cheap, you get a piece of cardboard. But, the reason being, I need one in August. I will be going away, and IMO my Lenovo tablet won't cut it.

The least I would need is a browser, wifi, and a word processor. Maybe Netflix, too, but a chromebook can do that. ;)

I've been looking at several reviews, but each one is misleading as the next review... This is good while this is bad, another review says the opposite... Why I ask you, do you have any experience with these?

My budget is <$500 (notice the less-than sign). I don't want to pay a ton, but i don't want to get a POC.

Well to be honest, unless you buy used.. those pieces of crap do come in handy, (so you'll need to wait a minute longer for the thing to boot to desktop)

I bought an acer aspire e15 start, as I needed a laptop in a pinch, cost me like £200, it's very basic, but it's still running today, close to 2 years old now

(I gave it to my 9 year old as she likes to watch kids shows on amazon video)

I am not scared of refurbished. My last laptop (that I sold) was a refurbished Acer Aspire. I gave my Dad that Lenovo X1 Carbon that T3X4S posted awhile back. That was refurbished.

I am a big Chromebook fan, the model I am currently using is the Asus C302CA ($470 on Amazon right now) - on the beta channel (kind of the same quality as Windows 10 Release Preview) with Android Apps, you can pretty much run anything.

There are also some very decent Windows machines available at the same price.  But the question is how big and how heavy?

Unless... If I can get a good bluetooth keyboard. I can just use my bluetooth mouse that I have. (It's an old unkown Razer model)

Hello,

Do you have a minimum and maximum screen size, screen resolution and weight?  Also, have you considered a Windows laptop like @Fahim S. suggested?  There are lots of options there likst the entry-level Huawei Matebook, or the Lenovo ThinkPad 13 or Yoga 13 (both both of which come in Chrome and Windows versions), etc.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky