Component audio/video

I connected a component cable from my ps3 to HDTV. The video shows but the sound only works if I switch to different input . How can I make them both work together on same input ? Using (2 )red, white,blue,green component cable 

Well ... assuming there is nothing in between and you are hooking directly from PS3 to the HDTV ... you need to make sure the red/white (audio) are on the same INPUT as the YPbPr components.  Appears that you hooked the audio into a different input (assuming you're getting video on INPUTx and audio on INPUTy)

• Like 2

It seems to be right . the red and white is in the right inputs and the others are correct , but still i don't get why i get video on on channel and audio on another channel. these component cables are confusing. i also have my settings on my ps3 right so idk.

4 hours ago, Jim K said:

Well ... assuming there is nothing in between and you are hooking directly from PS3 to the HDTV ... you need to make sure the red/white (audio) are on the same INPUT as the YPbPr components.  Appears that you hooked the audio into a different input (assuming you're getting video on INPUTx and audio on INPUTy)

It seems to be right . the red and white is in the right inputs and the others are correct , but still i don't get why i get video on on channel and audio on another channel. these component cables are confusing. i also have my settings on my ps3 right so idk.

how do i get my video/auio working on one channel. video works when i switch to Video 1 and audio only works on HDMI channel. But i am using a [2]red,green,blue and white component cable from my ps3 to hdtv. i don't get why sound is working on HDMI channel when im not using HDMI cables.

It isn't, really, confusing.  One the back of the HDTV (I guess it would be helpful to have the model number) ... 5 inputs (YPbPr and the Rt/Lt audio)....you match them to the back of the HDTV (minding the two reds).  You getting audio on one input and video on the other indicates you have it plugged into the back of the TV incorrectly.  How, I dunno?  

How are you getting sound on the HDMI input?  Are you running a HDMI cable also?  What are you exactly trying to do (i.e. your setup).   

PS3 > receiver and to TV?  

PS3 > TV? 

More about the PS3 audio settings here.

Also, please do not make duplicate topics.

21 minutes ago, Jim K said:

It isn't, really, confusing.  One the back of the HDTV (I guess it would be helpful to have the model number) ... 5 inputs (YPbPr and the Rt/Lt audio)....you match them to the back of the HDTV (minding the two reds).  You getting audio on one input and video on the other indicates you have it plugged into the back of the TV incorrectly.  How, I dunno?  

How are you getting sound on the HDMI input?  Are you running a HDMI cable also?  What are you exactly trying to do (i.e. your setup).   

PS3 > receiver and to TV?  

PS3 > TV? 

More about the PS3 audio settings here.

Also, please do not make duplicate topics.

nvm i found the problem . thanks for the helkp