Forza Motorsport 7 - True 4K/60FPS, 700+ Cars, Dynamic Weather.

Got some time in with the demo tonight, I'm absolutely blown away by how good this game looks with the FH3 dynamic weather on 60FPS. It's the best looking racer I've seen period of any coming out. The dubai track looks like it will be a blast with the GTR the Porsche with all the assists turned off was more than a handful getting around there :laugh:

I have no idea how I'm going to wait for this for the Scorpio, and how much more amazing it can actually get.

So whilst the game may be doing well in reviews overall. There seems to be massive backlash re. the VIP membership. 

To give some context, FH3 had VIP membership for around $20 which meant that you had permanent access to some cars and also a 100% booster on Wheelspin rewards. Those not familiar with this, every time you level up you're given a random reward by means of a wheel spin. If you had VIP membership, you'd get 100% more on credits. This would allow you purchase in game cars etc for your collection. 

FM7 has the same concept, but the VIP bonus us limited to 25 races (if I read correctly) which means it's nowhere near as useful as it was last time and probably opens the doors for micro transactions. This wasn't made clear on the description of the product but has since been update after a number of complaints. 

I love the FM series, but hearing things like this is really off putting. 

been playing the PC demo over the weekend.

overall impression is of a very very polished title. Handling is quite nice but a touch too easy compared to PCars2, but much more enjoyable.

3 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

So whilst the game may be doing well in reviews overall. There seems to be massive backlash re. the VIP membership. 

To give some context, FH3 had VIP membership for around $20 which meant that you had permanent access to some cars and also a 100% booster on Wheelspin rewards. Those not familiar with this, every time you level up you're given a random reward by means of a wheel spin. If you had VIP membership, you'd get 100% more on credits. This would allow you purchase in game cars etc for your collection. 

FM7 has the same concept, but the VIP bonus us limited to 25 races (if I read correctly) which means it's nowhere near as useful as it was last time and probably opens the doors for micro transactions. This wasn't made clear on the description of the product but has since been update after a number of complaints. 

T10 have been anti-consumer for years now and it has only worsened since the X1 launch. The flak is more than deserved.

3 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

I remember back in the day when I would buy limited edition Forza's because the VIP perks were amazing. The cars being gifted with custom tune-ups and liveries were great. I hated what they did in FM6 with their spin wheel stuff (cheapened the series imo) and this is not just another step in the wrong direction.

I didn't really play FM6 too much and with news like this, If I am honest, I'm with you in considering skipping FM7 completely. 

Couldn't comment on the XP boosters since I haven't opened or played the game yet, I've only ever bought the Ultimate Editions to get the car packs not the XP perks. FH3 100% wheel spin was nice but money becomes pointless quick in that game same as F6 :laugh:

Have a bunch of friends who have picked up the standard release for $79 bucks (vs $130) today instead and seem to be loving it. Save the money and not buy ultimate I guess if that's the biggest issue with the game so far? The standard release still has 10x the content of the other racers on the market so don't think anyone would feel slighted at the price.

Metacritic is still at 90 at the moment, with some reviewers waiting until they have played a good chunk of the game before leaving one which is highly encouragable for all games (Y)

So looks like Turn10 are responding to the criticism over the last week on their VIP offering

VIP and Ultimate

Over the weekend we heard loud and clear from Ultimate Edition owners expressing frustration over the VIP membership offer in Forza Motorsport 7. We immediately updated the VIP description in the Windows Store to alleviate any future confusion. As head of the studio, I apologize for any confusion or frustration our players may have experienced.

Going forward, we will continue to ensure that Forza Motorsport 7 VIPs receive the most value for their VIP membership, including new experiences and great content. Starting today we’re sending all Forza Motorsport 7 VIPs four additional Forza Edition cars:

2016 Jaguar F-TYPE Project 7 Forza Edition

2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Forza Edition

2017 Acura NSX Forza Edition

2010 Maserati Gran Turismo S Forza Edition

Forza 7 VIPs will be able to download all these cars from the in-game message center and add them to their car collection. Players will not only enjoy an immediate bump to their Car Collection score after adding these Tier 5 Legendary cars to their garages, they’ll also be able to take advantage of the inherent perks that each of these Forza Edition cars offer. In addition to the cars, we’re also sending all Forza 7 VIPs 1 million credits.

Secondly, and even more significantly, we will be changing VIP rewards in Forza Motorsport 7. This new system will work like it did in Forza Motorsport 6, offering a 2X base credit bonus after every race. We’ve already started work on this feature and we will release it as soon as possible. Look for more information on this update as we near the release date.

Also a few other bits at the source

Good to see them responding to feedback. Let's hope they don't make the same mistake again. 

• Like 1