Gunman wounds several at congressional baseball practice in Virginia

Guys calm down haha. 

This is what happens when both sides are so divided and fractured. This is domestic terrorism plain and simple

Our leaders need to come together and do some good for our country and help bring people together and it starts with the President and Congressional leaders 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wv@gt said:

Guys calm down haha. 

This is what happens when both sides are so divided and fractured. This is domestic terrorism plain and simple

Our leaders need to come together and do some good for our country and help bring people together and it starts with the President and Congressional leaders 

Republican Congressmen as far as I can tell are using this as a unifying event for Republicans and Democrats. It's as shame their followers are using it to start attacking the left.

1 minute ago, Gibblets said:

Republican Congressmen as far as I can tell are using this as a unifying event for Republicans and Democrats. It's as shame their followers are using it to start attacking the left.

Exactly, this was bound to happen either during this congress or even the last. This country is so freakin divided right now and its not getting any better. Both sides keep saying they are working for the good of the country, well if that is the case put down the rhetoric and help pull this country back together. This also includes the media!

4 minutes ago, DocM said:

What we’ve got to do is fight in Congress, fight in the courts, fight in the streets, fight online, fight at the ballot box, and now there’s the momentum to be able to do this.

One Word for this post. Deplorable;

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, TPreston said:

One Word for this post. Deplorable;

Why are you politicizing the shootings of congressmen, while calling for violence against the left? Man, the FBI is going to be super busy this week.

Oh my bad, you were disagreeing with the post. Sorry.

Edited by Gibblets

7 minutes ago, DocM said:

Usual news sources of Brietbart, CSN, InfoWars. You guys do know that those are tabloids right? Like, the digital version of the stuff you find in supermarkets catering to old women.

6 minutes ago, Gibblets said:

Usual news sources of Brietbart, CSN, InfoWars. You guys do know that those are tabloids right? Like, the digital version of the stuff you find in supermarkets catering to old women.

Its an out of context quote the full quote is

What we’ve got to do is fight in Congress, fight in the courts, fight in the streets, fight online, fight at the ballot box, and now there’s the momentum to be able to do this.

womens-march-la-701x472.jpg

Is not the same as shooting republicans.

Its a shame this even has to be said

14 minutes ago, DocM said:

I think there’s a very special place in hell for people that would use the memory of a murder victim in order to pursue a political agenda.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, TPreston said:

womens-march-la-701x472.jpg

That was what I was getting at, those news sources intentionally took that quote of context to further their political agenda.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TPreston said:

Are you posting facts again? This is the Internet, stop it...

1 hour ago, DocM said:

shockz said,

CNN reports he asked another man present 

http://www.syracuse.com/us-news/index.ssf/2017/06/alexandria_shooting_steve_scalise_deliberate_attack.html

Yeah, it was political. YOUR SIDE. OWN IT!!

And I am sure when special prosecutor releases his information all the republicans will own that. 

3 minutes ago, Open Minded said:

So the gunman was a Sanders supporter.  So tolerant.  So accepting.

And all the racist Trump supports. So tolerant. So accepting. Remember according to Trumps son, democrats are not human.

26 minutes ago, Xenon said:

And all the racist Trump supports. So tolerant. So accepting. Remember according to Trumps son, democrats are not human.

That's far and away different than attempted assassination. I'm not going to argue these generalizations are valid, because they aren't. However, comparing an attempted mass shooting with words just doesn't make sense.

From a political perspective, this should demonstrate no "side" is immune to such bad apples. It's great that injury was the most that happened and the only death was the assailant's.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Emn1ty said:

That's far and away different than attempted assassination. I'm not going to argue these generalizations are valid, because they aren't. However, comparing an attempted mass shooting with words just doesn't make sense.

From a political perspective, this should demonstrate no "side" is immune to such bad apples. It's great that injury was the most that happened and the only death was the assailant's.

Absolutely agree with you. But in the current climate I have to admit I am surprised it took this long for something to happen.

4 hours ago, DocM said:

The left wing assassination fantasies of Kathy Griffin, Snoop Dogg, the Time-Warner 'Julius Caesar' play etc. and those cheering them on all share the blame. They whipped-up the mood and set the stage.

Own it, then dial it back!

Just so we're clear, we should also assume you feel the same way about Trump during the campaign when he was yelling for beating people up and talking about how they would handle things back in the day. Just want to make sure we're all on the same page.

3 hours ago, Andre S. said:

I can't help but think there is sweet irony when those who so boneheadedly defend liberal "gun rights" get some taste of the chaos and violence they cause.

What chaos are they causing? Blame the person who is guilty, not the victims.

"But if he didn't have access to guns..." then he would use something else as we've seen demonstrated repeatedly over the last year or so. Cars can be just as, if not more effective than guns.

Mudslag

Just so we're clear, we should also assume you feel the same way about Trump during the campaign when he was yelling for beating people up and talking about how they would handle things back in the day. Just want to make sure we're all on the same page.

Trump started talking about kicking people out of events after a DNC black op where  their hired-gun minions attacked Trump supporters then claimed victim-hood status in the aftermath. A swift kick was exactly what they deserved.

Since we have the longstanding memes 'Radical conservatives' and 'Radical Islamists', can we finally use the very overdue 'Radical liberalism?'

• Like 2