Gunman wounds several at congressional baseball practice in Virginia

1 hour ago, DocM said:

Trump started talking about kicking people out of events after a DNC black op where  their hired-gun minions attacked Trump supporters then claimed victim-hood status in the aftermath. A swift kick was exactly what they deserved.

Since we have the longstanding memes 'Radical conservatives' and 'Radical Islamists', can we finally use the very overdue 'Radical liberalism?'

How about you stop the deplorable act of using a shooting for political purposes ? Also stop getting your news from twitter and breitbart unless you like making a fool out of yourself.

It doesn't even make logical sense, If you get to use this shooting to badmouth all liberals then liberals get to use any of the hundreds of attacks on minorities last year to badmouth conservatives.

Edited by TPreston
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, DocM said:

Trump started talking about kicking people out of events after a DNC black op where  their hired-gun minions attacked Trump supporters then claimed victim-hood status in the aftermath. A swift kick was exactly what they deserved.

Since we have the longstanding memes 'Radical conservatives' and 'Radical Islamists', can we finally use the very overdue 'Radical liberalism?'

Moving the goal posts I see. Trump used rhetoric that is no different then what you are trying to point fingers at. If rhetoric on one side is bad, it's equally bad on the other, period. Grow up and have the integrity to admit that, otherwise you're admitting to being a hypocrite. So which one is it DocM?

11 minutes ago, DocM said:

Imho a big chunk of the progressives are radicals by default.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radicalism_(historical)

As historical Radicalism became absorbed in the development of political liberalism, in the later 19th century in both the United Kingdom and in continental Europe the term "Radical" came to denote a progressive liberal ideology.

Many European parties that are nowadays categorised in the group of social-liberal parties have a historical affinity with radicalism and may therefore be called "liberal-radical".

• Like 2

As I said: libs/Dems have been cranking up the volume and hate speech online since 2200 EDT Nov. 8, 2016. Secret service has had to get involved more times than just Kathy Griffin, Snoop Dogg and the Julius Caesar play - a lot more

Time to dial it back, loudly..

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/337782-gop-rep-received-threatening-email-with-subject-line-one-down-216-to-go-after

GOP rep. received threatening email with subject line 'One down, 216 to go...' after lawmaker shooting

The office of Rep. Claudia Tenney (R-N.Y.) received a threatening email with the subject line “One down, 216 to go…,” shortly after a shooter opened fire on GOP lawmakers who were at a congressional baseball practice, according to her office.

1 hour ago, DocM said:

As I said: libs/Dems have been cranking up the volume and uate speech since 2200 EDT Nov. 8, 2016. Time to dial it back.

Deplorable

Would you like a list of death threats received by minorities ? Oh wait they don't count nor did the million and one Obama lynching's.

Stop using a shooting for political purposes it is disgusting and also idiotic (see above).

1 hour ago, Mirumir said:

Speaking of idiotic.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DocM said:

As I said: libs/Dems have been cranking up the volume and hate speech online since 2200 EDT Nov. 8, 2016. Time to dial it back.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/337782-gop-rep-received-threatening-email-with-subject-line-one-down-216-to-go-after

If they are longing for a civil war so much, maybe they should study some history, starting with America's own civil war, then throw in some French and Russian revolutions. And if they still haven't had enough, send them to Syria so they can see with their own eyes what it looks like.

7 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

A progressive ideas are often feared by those who are comfortable with the way their life is, and those progressives are often viewed as extremists, and radical.

5 minutes ago, DocM said:

As I said: libs/Dems have been cranking up the volume and hate speech online since 2200 EDT Nov. 8, 2016. Secret service has had to get involved more times than just Kathy Griffin, Snoop Dogg and the Julius Caesar play - a lot more

Freedom of speech, as bad as the left can be, the right needs to tone it down too.

1 minute ago, TPreston said:

Deplorable

Would you like a list of death threats received by minorities ? Oh wait they don't count nor did the million and one Obama lynching's.

Stop using a shooting for political purposes it is disgusting.

Two wrongs make a right then?

Bullhockey.

1 hour ago, DocM said:

Bullhockey.

I didn't say Two wrongs make a right, even putting the deplorable actions you have taken in this thread It doesn't make logical sense, If you get to use this shooting to badmouth all liberals then liberals get to use any of the hundreds of attacks on minorities last year to badmouth conservatives.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gibblets said:

You're making Americans your enemy, that is dangerous.

Seems to me the progressive activists did that in November.

Also, wrt freedom of speech

"The Constitution is not a suicide pact" 

~~ Justice Robert H. Jackson in Terminiello v. Chicago, a first amendment case

Just now, Gibblets said:

A progressive ideas are often feared by those who are comfortable with the way their life is, and those progressives are often viewed as extremists, and radical.

There are two paths of development: a natural one and a progressive or a radical one which isn't really a path, but a jump over vital segments of a natural course of history, a skipping.

Just as you can't skip grades in school, the humanity can't skip its own stages of development. 

1 minute ago, TPreston said:

I didn't say Two wrongs make a right, even putting the deplorable actions you have taken in this thread It doesn't make logical sense, If you get to use this shooting to badmouth all liberals then liberals get to use any of the hundreds of attacks on minorities last year to badmouth conservatives.

And those same conservatives have, in fact, CRITICIZED those attacks - as no less than Speaker Ryan - along with Sen. Sanders - criticized today's attack.  Neither side is all that clean - and DocM has not claimed otherwise.  (Neither have I, for that matter.)  The ONLY side that has claimed to be clean are the far-left fringe - which just lost Bernie today.

6 minutes ago, TPreston said:

Liberals who didn't speak out against them when these memes appeared in liberal social media, then perpetuated them elsewhere, share responsibility for this state of affairs. No different than what many of you have said about 'moderate Muslims.'

1 hour ago, DocM said:

Liberals who didn't speak it when these memes appeared in liberal social media, then perpetuated them elsewhere, share responsibility for this. No different than what many of you have said about 'moderate Muslims.'

Then Donald trump and the GOP share responsibility for attacks like this

And there have been hundreds in the last few years alone.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Andre S. said:

I can't help but think there is sweet irony when those who so boneheadedly defend liberal "gun rights" get some taste of the chaos and violence they cause.

and Californa which has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the United States just had a shooting at a UPS facility in San Fransisco.

3 minutes ago, TPreston said:

Then Donald trump and the GOP share responsibility for attacks like this

And there have been hundreds in the last few years alone.

And exactly what did President Trump do - other than getting elected?  If that is enough, than what does that say about extremism - regardless of stripe?

1 hour ago, PGHammer said:

And exactly what did President Trump do - other than getting elected?  If that is enough, than what does that say about extremism - regardless of stripe?

Follow the topic. As per DocM logic he doesn't have to do anything bar say a few inflammatory things about muslims and it doesn't even matter if we quote mine him.

I don't believe this is the case because its asinine but I'm just trying to drag our friend kicking and screaming into being an adult and dropping this childish talking point. 

25 minutes ago, warwagon said:

and Californa which has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the United States just had a shooting at a UPS facility in San Fransisco.

You're kidding right?  Those laws don't prevent someone entering the state with guns or even prevent purchasing them.  Laws can't totally prevent criminals or the mentally unstable or anyone else from committing heinous acts.

Anyway, take it here if you want to discuss guns - Gun Debate Thread

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, DocM said:

Bullhockey.

That's rich coming from you. The person who in the past has literally said that "it's ok because the other guys did it before they did it" in regards to politics.

Hypocrite. 

Also... lol @ this.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TPreston said:

Follow the topic. As per DocM logic he doesn't have to do anything bar say a few inflammatory things about muslims and it doesn't even matter if we quote mine him.

I don't believe this is the case because its asinine but I'm just trying to drag our friend kicking and screaming into being an adult and dropping this childish talking point. 

Who said anything about President Trump, TPreston - other than you and primortal (in an attempt to deflect)?

You are basically playing "blame the victim" by painting the GOP Congressman who was critically wounded and the other GOP Congresspersons that were practicing for the game as the guilty parties.  That is not logical one whit.  Do you REALLY think that ANY branch of government should literally surrender to blackmail-at-gunpoint?  That is EXACTLY what such acts amount to - it would make just as much sense to surrender to the Klan - which even THEY would not dare expect.  For that matter, read President Trump's comments ABOUT the shooting - since you seem so sure that they are a match in a tinderbox.

1 hour ago, PGHammer said:

Who said anything about President Trump, TPreston - other than you and primortal (in an attempt to deflect)?

You are basically playing "blame the victim" by painting the GOP Congressman who was critically wounded and the other GOP Congresspersons that were practicing for the game as the guilty parties.  That is not logical one whit.  Do you REALLY think that ANY branch of government should literally surrender to blackmail-at-gunpoint?  That is EXACTLY what such acts amount to - it would make just as much sense to surrender to the Klan - which even THEY would not dare expect.  For that matter, read President Trump's comments ABOUT the shooting - since you seem so sure that they are a match in a tinderbox.

Wow you completely failed to follow the thread and made a completely unrelated rambling. Well done.

• Like 4

Because I refuse to stoop to the TPreston brand of illogic and lack of common sense.  No - if YOUR lack of logic is going to be the thread, darn RIGHT I'm not going there - as there is nothing the least bit logical about it.  I refuse to be a cheerleader for a group that deserves none such.  Extremism (and especially violent extremism) has NO place in politics - and especially not within the United States - none whatever.

2 hours ago, DocM said:

You are starting to sound as warped as the shooter. It was Trump who egged on his supporters to attack protesters, all through the election. He aligned himself with the KKK and other hate groups. The endless attacks for 8 years on the first black president. What do you expect would happen? When you marginalize people long enough, they strike back. I think it's wrong but that's what happens.  

Save your worthless words. The same people who are complaining today are the same people who said nothing when it was Obama and the left getting threats. Nobody is buying them.

Edited by hagjohn