Sign in to follow this  

Windows 10 won't finish a scan and repair on drive C.

SirWeathers    2

A week ago, i started getting an occassional GSOD on Windows 10 16215 with the code MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. To this point, i was unable to figure out what was causing it, but i think i've now found out because aparently there were errors detected on my hard drive. But the thing is, when it try to run a chkdisk at boot, It says "Scanning and Repairing drive C:" for about 2-3 seconds then it stops and just goes to the desktop. This does it every time i restart my computer and will only keep doing it.

If it helps, here's what read-only mode has to say about the disk.

chk.thumb.PNG.ad5a59697893df4d5a25603681be6247.PNG

Jim K    9,055

Had you tried it on boot?

Right click drive > Properties > Tools > Check > Scan Drive > let it scan and it'll probably will tell you needs to repair the drive so hit  "Close" > the next dialog box will be the repair box so Repair this drive > Select if you want to repair now or on the next reboot

• Like 1

-ANiMaL-    5

As you can see the CHKDSK is in read-only mode. You have to issue /f switch to enable the CHKDSK to start in fix mode.

Use following command in admin-mode Command Prompt or PowerShell. It will ask you to schedule the scan at next reboot. Say yes to it and reboot the system.

chkdsk /f