London van attack: One dead as police investigate incident as terrorism

4 minutes ago, Yogurth said:

Being a Muslim has nothing to do with Race. 

True - but the R word has a lot of weight, so the media and masses love to throw it around.

Just now, Slarlac249 said:

i think you know what i meant.

Actually, I have no idea. If You wrote it was a hate or misinformation attack I would have understood it, but adding Race into the mix was a complete failure.

2 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

True - but the R word has a lot of weight, so the media and masses love to throw it around.

Not media, only ignorant media.

The man suspected of mowing down a crowd exiting Ramadan prayers at a London mosque early Monday was captured on video blowing a kiss at bystanders as he was hauled off to a hospital for a mental health evaluation.

At least one person was killed and 10 others were injured in the assault, which authorities were treating as a terrorist attack.

A 48-year-old man was arrested in the collision with pedestrians outside the Muslim Welfare House, Metropolitan police said. People at the scene shouted at him: "Why did you do that? Why?"

The incident occurred outside the Finsbury Park Mosque shortly after midnight after Ramadan prayers. Police said all of the injured were members of the Muslim community. Muslim leaders decried the collision as a hate crime and asked the public to stay calm.

More....

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06/19/london-van-attack-one-dead-as-police-investigate-incident-as-terrorism.html

Very sad that they subdued him and took him alive. People like this should not be continued to exist. This kind of hate never fades.

1 minute ago, Rippleman said:

Very sad that they subdued him and took him alive. People like this should not be continued to exist. This kind of hate never fades.

Killing him would be the easy way out for him.

6 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Killing him would be the easy way out for him.

Killing him creates a martyr; committing him makes him a statistic.

• Like 2

I read how this particular mosque was given some special award for denouncing extremism, and basically being the "peaceful muslims" - apparently the Imam was the one who was protecting the driver of the van from others who were punching and kicking him...

Not sure if that was some media spin doctoring, the muslim community trying to paint a politically-motivated picture, if it is 100% factual, or what.  Just saying I read it somewhere. :/

4 hours ago, PGHammer said:

Killing him creates a martyr; committing him makes him a statistic.

Then when he is free, he has the ability to do it again. I would rather him never be able to do this again.

On 6/19/2017 at 1:25 PM, Rippleman said:

Then when he is free, he has the ability to do it again. I would rather him never be able to do this again.

Why assume he'll ever be free again?  He may be committed for life, whether in jail or institutionalized at a facility for the mentally deranged.  Might be best to see how the courts handle it before making any worthless presumptions.

Hoping for the best for the injured and condolences to the family/friends of the dead.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Raze said:

Why assume he'll ever be free again?  He may be committed for life, whether in jail or institutionalized at a facility for the mentally deranged.  Might be best to see how the courts handle it before making any worthless presumptions.

Hoping for the best for he injured and condolences to the family/friends of the dead.

I did not presume anything. I said specifically "when he is free, he has the ability". No presumption was stated. The world standard is release after a certain amount of time, either through punishment or treatment. Statistically, it is in his favor he will be out again, hopefully he would be too elderly to hurt anyone else in any case.

7 hours ago, Slarlac249 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40322960

news reporters saying it's a terror attack, but it sounds more like a racial hate attack, they haven't said much about the man who did it.

It doesn't have to be an organised group of muslim extremists to be a terror attack...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

It doesn't have to be an organised group of muslim extremists to be a terror attack...

No, it doesn't. Especially when 2-4% of most populations are sociopaths. That turns the jump to doing bad things into a short hop.

Where is Trump this time around tweeting and bashing London and their Mayor? Or how about how Muslims are bad and travel bans are needed, not PC nonsense... oh, he wasn't a Muslim? No wonder there hasn't been a tweet fired off, it goes against his concept that only Muslims are terrorists. 

• Like 3