Otto Warmbier dead; former US prisoner of North Korea was 22

5 hours ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

I'm so glad that there's no propaganda going on here /s

Sure glad he Otto made these comments because it was his decision.  I doubt he was intimated into making those statements either.

Do I need the /s tag here?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DocM said:

In public health we called it "dumping."

In the bad old days some minimally capable hospital A drains every insurance billing it can out of patient X during his demise, then days before he kicks the bucket they ship him off to a different hospital - usually a larger trauma center B. That way the final days and death showed up on B's statistics. 

NK tortured and bled this kid dry wrt his political utility, then shipped him off to die elsewhere - using two flanking soldiers to prop him vertical long enough to get a photo (See! He's walking, therefore healthy!!) and get him on the plane.

Friggin' animals.

I agree animals but the US has lost the moral high ground on torture.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trag3dy said:

I'm 100% certain the key to defeating North Korea is by removing posters from hotels. The CIA really knows what they are doing.

haha, overthrowing dictatorships one poster at a time.  You know, its so silly is just may work....

21 hours ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

In your opinion. In my opinion it is absolutely beautiful and entirely intriguing.

I'm so glad that there's no propaganda going on here /s

Due to proximity South Korea should be just as beautiful, and intriguing. Plus you don't have to risk your life with the horrible NK government.

2 minutes ago, margrave said:

Due to proximity South Korea should be just as beautiful, and intriguing. Plus you don't have to risk your life with the horrible NK government.

South Korea does indeed have beautiful areas also.  As someone who travels a lot and a photographer that in no way stops NK being somewhere worth seeing.

3 minutes ago, margrave said:

Their government makes it not worth seeing. I don't see how taking a picture is worth risking your life. Risking your freedom.

Which is great that you don't see it, I support your choice.  I have different desires and goals to you, I am confused as to why you are attempting to change my opinion.

30 minutes ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

Which is great that you don't see it, I support your choice.  I have different desires and goals to you, I am confused as to why you are attempting to change my opinion.

Whilst you're enjoying that beautiful country, please be careful what you point your camera at and only take photo's after carefully asking permission first, for every single shot.

8 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Whilst you're enjoying that beautiful country, please be careful what you point your camera at and only take photo's after carefully asking permission first, for every single shot.

Agreed.  Same with any country I visit - play by THEIR rules rather than inventing your own and then calling victim after.  I respect the traditions and laws of wherever I go.

NSFW

North Korean horror: Newly exposed video reveals brutal tactics of Otto Warmbier's sadistic torturers

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06/26/north-korean-horror-newly-exposed-video-reveals-brutal-tactics-otto-warmbiers-sadistic-torturers.html

Please note, the guy in the vid is not Otto but a vid from a few years ago showing what happens when you are detained/arrested

4 minutes ago, techbeck said:

NSFW

North Korean horror: Newly exposed video reveals brutal tactics of Otto Warmbier's sadistic torturers

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06/26/north-korean-horror-newly-exposed-video-reveals-brutal-tactics-otto-warmbiers-sadistic-torturers.html

Please note, the guy in the vid is not Otto but a vid from a few years ago showing what happens when you are detained/arrested

I am intrigued, as I have tried to understand the extent of what barbaric crap they did to him.  Obviously cannot watch this at work.

• 3 months later...

An American student who died days after being released from North Korea in a coma displayed no obvious signs of torture despite assertions by his parents and US President Donald Trump, a medical examiner said.

Otto Warmbier's death on June 19 from a lack of oxygen and blood to the brain resulted from an unknown injury that occurred more than a year before he died, Dr Lakshmi Sammarco said at a news conference on Wednesday.

"We don't know what happened to him and that's the bottom line," Sammarco said. "We're never going to know unless the people who were there come forward and say, 'This is what happened to Otto.'"

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/09/signs-torture-death-otto-warmbier-170928051652403.html