Steam Crashes on Startup on Windows 10--Am I Alone?

I figured this would be a huge issue, but I can't seem to find any useful or recent info about it.  I noticed Steam wouldn't load on the latest Insider build (it would disappear shortly after loading my library, and the process would be terminated, but no error messages).  I thought for sure this was an issue with the Insider builds, as I had had no trouble with Steam ever, and I have been using Windows 10 since the very first Insider builds before the initial release.  I did a completely clean install of the latest production build (1703) and yet the problem persists. It worked fine for about a week, and now it's happening again.  Is this a widespread issue?  Does anybody else experience this or know how to get it to run? I've tried compatibility mode.  Running it as Administrator gets it to load long enough for me to browse the store or whatever for a few minutes and then the window just disappears again.

I'm thinking it's an issue with the latest GeForce drivers, because now as I am in the process of reinstalling the GeForce drivers, the old drivers having been removed and the system using standard VGA drivers, and I await the installer reinstalling the GeForce drivers, Steam is working just fine and staying loaded.  I guess I will have to wait and see if it happens again.

26 minutes ago, Darrian said:

I'm thinking it's an issue with the latest GeForce drivers, because now as I am in the process of reinstalling the GeForce drivers, the old drivers having been removed and the system using standard VGA drivers, and I await the installer reinstalling the GeForce drivers, Steam is working just fine and staying loaded.  I guess I will have to wait and see if it happens again.

Stop assuming/hoping its wide spread.

In fact, you have no reason to think so.

You are forgetting the 1st rule to RCA - dont assume anything.

Trim down any non essential startup programs
Uninstall Steam
reboot
Run ccleaner's regcleaner
Reboot
Reinstall steam

1 hour ago, Darrian said:

nope, latest drivers and no issue.

steam got how many millions of users (and the worst ones, tech savvy gamers)? if this was widespread the internet would be blowing up now.

Yeah, stop assuming/hoping I'm a noob. Clean install of Windows with nothing non-essential or sketchy installed, so CCleaner isn't going to fix anything. Already uninstalled/reinstalled Steam, and rebooted several times. Obviously I asked for help too soon, but if you read the post that you quoted you would realize that the issue appears to be tied somehow to my graphics drivers, and for the moment, at least, Steam is working. And yes, when a program that has been working flawlessly for years suddenly stops working, you haven't installed anything new prior to the malfunction, the program in question auto updates, and you hear that many Steam users are reverting to Windows 7 or 8 with no real explanation why, I would call that cause to believe it may be a known issue.

4 minutes ago, nekrosoft13 said:

nope, latest drivers and no issue.

steam got how many millions of users (and the worst ones, tech savvy gamers)? if this was widespread the internet would be blowing up now.

Obviously it is not widespread, but it was definitely the GeForce drivers. I was running the latest drivers, uninstalled them, reinstalled them, and now it works. So obviously the drivers aren't broken or anything, but there must have been some problem with their configuration.