Xbox One X

Pre-Order in for Project Scorpio edition. Best looking console ever seen, and that original box artwork :D

My Forza Edition will be taken care of back into the original box for placement in the future games room, will miss the start up sounds. Gave my day one edition to my sister might replace it with an XS to get that original box and console back as well for future showings.

47 minutes ago, dwLostCat said:

It bothers me a lil bit having a nice 4K HDR TV and having to muddle along until the new console shows up since I never got an X1S :D

I've known this feeling for way to long now. I think the most suffering part will be refusing to pick up Forza 7 until I get my Scorpio :(

There's still some available on other UK sites (Currys, Very and Game) but Amazon so seem to be out. 

Despite saying that I wasn't going to, I have one pre-ordered from Amazon. I may hang on to it for a while and decide later. 

11 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

There's still some available on other UK sites (Currys, Very and Game) but Amazon so seem to be out. 

Despite saying that I wasn't going to, I have one pre-ordered from Amazon. I may hang on to it for a while and decide later. 

Seriously keep it.  It'll be a huge difference, at least in newer titles.

I'm oversupplied on gaming kit but I feel like I could give away most of mine in November if it wasn't for the back catalogs.

23 minutes ago, dwLostCat said:

Seriously keep it.  It'll be a huge difference, at least in newer titles.

I'm oversupplied on gaming kit but I feel like I could give away most of mine in November if it wasn't for the back catalogs.

but without a 4K or HDR TV it's kinda pointless. 

My plan was to make a purchase of a TV and Xbox next year when the prices have dropped a little, but I'm a sucker for limited edition lol

28 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

but without a 4K or HDR TV it's kinda pointless. 

My plan was to make a purchase of a TV and Xbox next year when the prices have dropped a little, but I'm a sucker for limited edition lol

The X1 was poor at 1080p in a lot of games.  I don't know what all you play that will get an update but I suspect you'll like it a lot more than you think.

1 minute ago, dwLostCat said:

The X1 was poor at 1080p in a lot of games.  I don't know what all you play that will get an update but I suspect you'll like it a lot more than you think.

I probably have around half a dozen games in that list of games that will be enhanced, but definitely interested in games that are coming soon. We'll see. I have some time to make a decision. 

Managed to get the Project Scorpio Edition ordered last night off Amazon... but not sure if I'll go through with it or not come November.

Should I upgrade my home PC?

Was going to upgrade to a Ryzen 1700, mobo and 16GB 3000Mhz ram.... but not sure now....

2 hours ago, WildWayz said:

Managed to get the Project Scorpio Edition ordered last night off Amazon... but not sure if I'll go through with it or not come November.

Was going to upgrade to a Ryzen 1700, mobo and 16GB 3000Mhz ram.... but not sure now....

If you haven't yet...I'd say no?  It depends how much you play on PC though.  I'm happy with my 1700 but I really won't need it much anymore in a few months.

3 hours ago, WildWayz said:

Don't think you'll honestly notice much difference if any in gaming with the 1070 you already have doing the brunt of the work. CPU for frame rates but if they aren't an issue yet..? Unless just looking to upgrade to keep up with times before it comes to outdated :)

Would say hold for now. But many other factors, have a 4K tv? Enjoy gaming on the lounge? etc..

1 minute ago, Vandalsquad said:

Don't think you'll honestly notice much difference if any in gaming with the 1070 you already have doing the brunt of the work. CPU for frame rates but if they aren't an issue yet..? Unless just looking to upgrade to keep up with times before it comes to outdated :)

Would say hold for now. But many other factors, have a 4K tv? Enjoy gaming on the lounge? etc..

I think you are right... I don't game much on the PC at the moment (unless I can use my Xbox One S controller) - simply because it is hooked up to my Samsung 4K TV - so I have to use a wireless mouse and keyboard whilst sat on a sofa... 

Looking at the spec of the Xbox One X and my current setup, there isn't much in it.

51 minutes ago, WildWayz said:

I think you are right... I don't game much on the PC at the moment (unless I can use my Xbox One S controller) - simply because it is hooked up to my Samsung 4K TV - so I have to use a wireless mouse and keyboard whilst sat on a sofa... 

Looking at the spec of the Xbox One X and my current setup, there isn't much in it.

Keep it for now, see if you enjoy it otherwise resell it. Have nearly the entire collection of 360 games and xbox games plus multiplats at 4K to get out of it. Best time to be buying one with the amount of content out there now.

Quantum Break is now getting an upgrade :)

Tomb Raider also now gets native 4K... dam son. 

25 minutes ago, Vandalsquad said:

Keep it for now, see if you enjoy it otherwise resell it. Have nearly the entire collection of 360 games and xbox games plus multiplats at 4K to get out of it. Best time to be buying one with the amount of content out there now.

Quantum Break is getting an upgrade :)

Tomb Raider also gets native 4K... dam son. 

Looks great :D Now sure how much RotTR I can take :D Had it on the Xbox One and PC - :p Sold my Xbox One ages ago as it had terrible screen tear on games which ruined my experience. By the looks of it, this one should be fine :D
Oh and the Xbox One was a good reason I went to 4K... my old TV (Sony Bravia KDL46) used to have terrible overscan, which the Xbox couldn't compensate for (unlike the PS4)... so unless a game had the option to correct it, it would cut off a lot of the display area. So I bought a 4K tv lol 

10 hours ago, Vandalsquad said:

It depends how many gens back you are and what you play...the CPU matters more than people think for some games, like you can see here http://techreport.com/review/31410/a-bridge-too-far-migrating-from-sandy-to-kaby-lake/2

Newer titles are plenty CPU heavy as well, so it could definitely help em out.  4Ks limiting factor on PC is the GPU, leaving the CPU with less work to do most of the time.

9 hours ago, dwLostCat said:

It depends how many gens back you are and what you play...the CPU matters more than people think for some games, like you can see here http://techreport.com/review/31410/a-bridge-too-far-migrating-from-sandy-to-kaby-lake/2

Newer titles are plenty CPU heavy as well, so it could definitely help em out.  4Ks limiting factor on PC is the GPU, leaving the CPU with less work to do most of the time.

Yes the new games coming out might be more CPU heavy the open world ones but most PC gamers tend to stick to older titles and what they love anyway I've found. No point upgrading unless you need to at the present with how fast CPUs do improve.

Is now sold out at JB online, Australias biggest retailer. These are either extremely limited or demand is much higher than Microsoft thought it would be, Elite controller all over again.

2 minutes ago, Vandalsquad said:

Yes the new games coming out might be more CPU heavy the open world ones but most PC gamers tend to stick to older titles and what they love anyway I've found. No point upgrading unless you need to at the present with how fast CPUs do improve.

Is now sold out at JB online, Australias biggest retailer. These are either extremely limited or demand is much higher than Microsoft thought it would be, Elite controller all over again.

It is the day one release, it was a given they'd sell out.  Probably at least half of em are going to people who just want to resell em at a profit heh,

People need to stop buying them off of ebay from these guys for silly $200+ markup, just wait, MS will build and sell more.  Sure we're talking about the limited edition here, so not many made probably, but don't bid, and watch the price drop to MSRP over time when they can't sell them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George P said:

People need to stop buying them off of ebay from these guys for silly $200+ markup, just wait, MS will build and sell more.  Sure we're talking about the limited edition here, so not many made probably, but don't bid, and watch the price drop to MSRP over time when they can't sell them.

Hey it's a solid business plan, even if it is crap.  I could use the money, but I'd rather just keep the machine.

16 hours ago, George P said:

Does this happen anywhere but the U.S? Not a single one for sale in Australia on ebay and the massive forum talk is only of new buyers getting in and others complaining they haven't been able to pre-order one yet. Australia is xbox territory but feel they have a bigger hit on their hands then they thought. Bunch of people jumping in for the first time this gen.

46 minutes ago, Vandalsquad said:

Does this happen anywhere but the U.S? Not a single one for sale in Australia on ebay and the massive forum talk is only of new buyers getting in and others complaining they haven't been able to pre-order one yet. Australia is xbox territory but feel they have a bigger hit on their hands then they thought. Bunch of people jumping in for the first time this gen.

Who knows.  The only way to get a Switch anywhere near a reasonable price here is still to patrol the retailers every so often.  I don't live in town so I haven't tried it.

5 minutes ago, dwLostCat said:

Who knows.  The only way to get a Switch anywhere near a reasonable price here is still to patrol the retailers every so often.  I don't live in town so I haven't tried it.

Shelves are stacked here if you want me to send you one  :rofl: Didn't even sell out on release day, amazing the difference between 2 major western markets very alike. But is $100 more expensive than a One S with 4 games in Australia.

I see not much has changed around these parts. :laugh:

I preordered one already because I fortunately can and not because I had to have it.

I do have a 4K TV and all of that, so I will see the benefits of the stronger hardware, but honestly if I was not in a stable position with my finances, it really is one of those things that very much seems like a nice to have and not a need to have.

I also have been gaming for a very, very long time and have some perspective on things. For many years of my life I was gaming and never even heard the terms frame rate or resolution. I just played games and enjoyed them. Also being a PC gamer for so many years I think helped put things in perspective as well. Many times I chose to sacrifice quality to get a stable/higher frame rate.

I also happen to feel that if Player A is playing a game at 1080p and Player B is playing a game at 2160p, they are at the end of the day playing the same exact game. Player B just got to see it look better.

But since gaming is my preferred way to spend the little downtime I have these days, and as I said I can fortunately afford it, I did preorder it. Honestly my one and only beef with it is the additional Project Scorpio branding on the console really, really bothers me. I do not like additional branding on my electronics. Keep your lit up logo, make it tasteful, and that should be it. That is a personal preference for sure, but I am hoping to switch my preorder to a non "Project Scorpio" branded version.

• Like 3