Microsoft Edge problems in Facebook

My apologies if this has already been covered. I haven't been on in awhile.

I started Win10 with the Anniversary and loved it. I started using Edge and liked it a lot. Mainly because it was so fast on my machine. No trouble with the Anniversary edition. Then I updated to the Creators edition. My memory fades me here because somewhere along the way with all the updates this problem crept in. (When I say updates, I refer to the patch Tuesday updates).

The problem is that when I try to start typing a post, the cursor is erratic. Since I'm a touch typist, I don't type letter by letter slowly. But even when I type one letter at a time very slowly it still doesn't work. It gets to the point where it won't type at all. When I finally get a sentence or two typed, I tried to copy/cut and paste it to put it in a OneNote document to try and start a new post over and it says that Edge doesn't have access to the clipboard. It says  I have to use Ctr-C, Ctr-X, etc. This didn't work either.  I finally gave up and started using IE as a temporary stop gap. 

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and/or ideas as to what could be causing it.