• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[Issue]Meizu MX5 need help recovering data! Touchscreen doesn't respond

camuflage    4

My smartphone took a bit of sea water on the screen, since then the touchscreen stopped working. The phone connects, i can acess the menu, use the physical buttons but the touch isn't working at all. Already opened and tried to see if it had any water inside but doesn't seem to have anything. It's a Meizu MX5, should i buy a new screen or it's possible to recover? 
I can connected to charge it, but i had the option "only charge" on android so when i connect to pc i can't acess the phone, is there a way to acess to data? I have a lot of photos i would like to recover! Thank you.

HoochieMamma    716

By default it's charging only on your phone? Did you have google photos running/backup up all of them?

When it was open did you check the LCD zif connector to the mainboard? I saw one time the pins were a bit corroded and I ran a thin tweezer over them to show the copper again and it started working. 

Worst case if you REALLY need the photos just ebay a replacement screen and connect it up to get what you need off it or repair it fully.

camuflage    4
9 hours ago, HoochieMamma said:

By default it's charging only on your phone? Did you have google photos running/backup up all of them?

No, but i changed for security reasons. Dont have any software backing up all them. I ussually connected to pc to backup.

When it was open did you check the LCD zif connector to the mainboard? I saw one time the pins were a bit corroded and I ran a thin tweezer over them to show the copper again and it started working. 

Yes i checked the connectors, all were ok disconnected and connected again. ill try to do that.

Worst case if you REALLY need the photos just ebay a replacement screen and connect it up to get what you need off it or repair it fully.

Ok ill see that. Thanks