Going to Hooters and Seeing America

I've heard this story before....but this time it's Pakistani university students. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/04/opinion/going-to-hooters-and-seeing-america.html?ref=opinion

It sounds like the beginning of an uncomfortable joke: Four brown kids of Pakistani descent from Karachi, Dubai, London and Augusta, Ga walk into a Hooters on a recent Saturday afternoon.

They order cheese fries, mozzarella sticks and a plate of fried pickles that will later give the Londoner (me) wild bout of indigestion. :rofl: Waitresses in the company's trademark orange shorts flit about, taking orders and smiling at families with children. Burly men in baseball caps clink pints of gold libation, Football plays on one flat screen TV, but is muted for the golf tournament that plays on another.

>

Thought I'd post a lighter story than a Muslim immigrée blowing things up, stabbing people etc.  

If you'd rather that terrorism be the SOP rather than a human interest story now and then have at it, but then don't complain that it is all we talk about.

Edited by DocM