Windows 10 is crashed. Cant backup the data from Linux live CD.

Hello. I am having a laptop who windows 10 is unstable, and cant login (the system is not responding when trying to enter the password). I boot up Fedora Linux and I cant access the NTFS partition as due to the hibernation is enabled (when trying to mount the NTFS partition is reports that it is unsafe state) and I cant disable the hibernation since it is not possible to login to windows to do it.

Please advise me, if there is anything that is possible to access the data. The only option left for me now is to remove the hard drive and put it as an external case to access the data and I don't want to do it yet.

Thanks a lot. 

Does this work ...

Manually mount the filesystem in read only mode.

• Check to see if you have a mount point (folder for mounting your partition in) for your Windows partition in the folder /media using this command:  ls /media
  • If you don't see a folder for your Windows partition, you should create one with the following command:  sudo mkdir /media/windows
  • Next, mount the partition in read-only mode onto this folder with this command:  mount -t ntfs-3g -o ro /dev/sda3 /media/windows
  • Note that you should change /media/windows if your mount point is called something else.
  • Now you will be able to view/open files on your Windows partition using any program in Ubuntu. However you will not be able to write to the partition or modify any files as it is in read only mode.

From askubuntu

One other option from the above link...

If you need to mount the partition in read-write mode and are not able to or willing to boot into Windows and shut it down completely there is a third option. However, it is not included here because it completely deletes hiberfil.sys and will cause you to lose all unsaved information in the hibernated Windows programs. The following is a quotation from man ntfs-3g about the option that would be used to do this:

remove_hiberfile Unlike in case of read-only mount, the read-write mount is denied if the NTFS volume is hibernated. One needs either to resume Windows and shutdown it properly, or use this option which will remove the Windows hibernation file. Please note, this means that the saved Windows session will be completely lost. Use this option under your own responsibility.

Cleaner layout/explanation would be at the askubuntu link.

When you get to the logon screen (you imply that it gets this far but won't let you type). Hold down the Power button so the computer does an unclean shutdown, it should no longer be in this state when you try to access the disk from another OS.