The GOP tried to troll Hillary Clinton. It backfired spectacularly.

hagjohn

The GOP tried to troll Hillary Clinton. It backfired spectacularly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/07/06/the-gop-tried-to-troll-hillary-clinton-it-backfired-spectacularly/

For those about to troll, Hillary Clinton salutes you.

With policy.

Defending the GOP's plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, the Republican National Committee sent several tweets Wednesday criticizing key senators — plus the Clintons — for their lack of support.

• Like 3
Jim K

Not sure why they are even trying to talk smack about healthcare.

Edit:  And why do they keep on badgering Hillary?  She lost the election....8 months ago.  She is a private citizen.  The only ones I really see bringing up Clinton's name are Trump supporters and the GOP.  Go figure.

• Like 3
hagjohn
22 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Not sure why they are even trying to talk smack about healthcare.

Edit:  And why do they keep on badgering Hillary?  She lost the election....8 months ago.  She is a private citizen.  The only ones I really see bringing up Clinton's name are Trump supporters and the GOP.  Go figure.

You got me. I have no idea, since they have no plan of their own... so they ask the loser of the election for hers? It's just bizarre and makes them look so stupid.

• Like 4
wakjak

Senator McCain says Republican healthcare bill likely dead

A senior U.S. Republican senator predicted on Sunday that the Republican bill to roll back Obamacare would likely fail, adding to growing signs that the bill is in trouble.

"My view is that it's probably going to be dead," Senator John McCain, a senior U.S. Republican, said on the CBS program, "Face the Nation."

The Senate bill, which faces unified Democratic opposition, has been further imperiled during a week-long recess where several Republican senators have had to return to their states and face constituents strongly opposed to the bill. Senators return to Washington on Monday.

The Senate bill keeps much of Obamacare intact but strips away most of its funding. It repeals most Obamacare taxes, overhauls the law's tax credits and ends its Medicaid expansion. It also goes beyond repealing Obamacare by cutting funding for the Medicaid program beginning in 2025.

Critics have derided the bill as a tax break for the wealthy by taking away health insurance for the poor and driving up costs for sick people and older Americans.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-healthcare-mccain-idUSKBN19U0Q1

7+ years.. for a bill to be DOA... lol

• Like 1
Emn1ty
5 hours ago, wakjak said:

Not 7+ years. I don't really get why you are obsessed with perpetuating such adolescent reasoning.

And the reason this bill is doing poorly has nothing to do with it being a good or a bad bill and everything to do with politics. Either they appeal to the freedom caucus and tea party to get their votes and lose any and all possible democratic votes (and some center leaning Republicans) or they try and win Democratic votes but risk being called Obamacare-light.

I honestly think it doesn't matter if the bill actually provided everything they promised and more it wouldn't pass anyways because this isn't about the bill, it's about legacy of the Republican and Democratic party and the US Citizen is in the crossfire.

wakjak
9 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

And the reason this bill is doing poorly has nothing to do with it being a good or a bad bill

Really? because pretty much everyone that's seen it, says it's a bad bill. There's a reason they are waiting weeks to vote on it.

• Like 1
Emn1ty
Just now, wakjak said:

Really? because pretty much everyone that's seen it, says it's a bad bill. There's a reason they are waiting weeks to vote on it.

You constantly misinterpret what I am saying. I didn't say it was a good bill. I said that it doing poorly is primarily a partisan issue, not it being good or bad. You really need to learn to read the entirety of what I post and stop cherry picking and twisting those words.

Let me rephrase it. Regardless of if it's good, bad, perfect or dead on arrival in terms of policy the two parties and the multiple factions inside the Republican party will never agree on it because they care more about beating each other or getting their way than making anything truly practical or beneficial to the United States citizens.

wakjak
3 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

The multiple factions inside the Republican party will never agree on it

Well they will once they pull their heads from their you know where.

4 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

they care more about beating each other or getting their way than making anything truly practical or beneficial to the United States citizens.

And yet, here they are with a majority government, and they still can't collectively do what's right for the people, only to line their pockets with millions of dollars. Way. To. Go.

Why anyone supports these idiots is beyond me.

• Like 1
Emn1ty
2 minutes ago, wakjak said:

And yet, here they are with a majority government, and they still can't collectively do what's right for the people, only to line their pockets with millions of dollars. Way. To. Go.

Why anyone supports these idiots is beyond me.

This applies to Democrats with Obamacare as well, passing it without even caring how it affected the common person. Without caring how it would screw with the markets. Passing it on a bed of lies and misinformation.

Yes, why anyone supports either party is beyond me. This is exactly why neither of them got my vote. Though for some reason you consistently give Democrats a pass on this very same BS.

wakjak
6 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

This applies to Democrats with Obamacare as well, passing it without even caring how it affected the common person. Without caring how it would screw with the markets. Passing it on a bed of lies and misinformation.

And yet here they are in 2017, trying to repeal Obamacare and getting massive backlash over it.. it's almost like it's popular with the people.

6 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

Though for some reason you consistently give Democrats a pass on this very same BS.

Like?

Obamacare at least had input from the republicans. Trumpcare isn't giving back on that end. The republicans cry about bipartisanship and then they pull a stunt like this? lol. I'll give a pass to the Democrats when I see fit, when republicans start doing stupid crap like they're currently doing, they deserve the backlash.

Nashy

Universal health.  How the hell is it even a discussion point.  Heath and medicine should be a human right.  It's disgusting that human lives are political in the USA.

• Like 1
Emn1ty
5 minutes ago, wakjak said:

And yet here they are in 2017, trying to repeal Obamacare and getting massive backlash over it.. it's almost like it's popular with the people.Like?

And Obamacare didn't get any backlash after it passed? Almost like people didn't like it? People want something better, not something worse. However they also didn't want Obamacare. Just because there's backlash with repealing it doesn't mean people want to keep it; they want an alternative that's better. You are horribly simplifying a complex situation. Especially since many people are being squeezed into zero options in their regions as providers are dropping like flies.

7 minutes ago, wakjak said:

Obamacare at least had input from the republicans. Trumpcare isn't giving back on that end. The republicans cry about bipartisanship and then they pull a stunt like this? lol. I'll give a pass to the Democrats when I see fit, when republicans start doing stupid crap like they're currently doing, they deserve the backlash.

Yes, it's hypocritical. I don't like it either. But that doesn't justify you giving free passes to Democrats when they do stupid stuff. You're basically admitting that you turn a blind eye to Democrats when it suits you. Well done.

wakjak

But that doesn't justify you giving free passes to Democrats when they do stupid stuff.

I didn't say that you did.

I never commented on the passing of Obamacare. I commented on the partisanship/lack thereof currently. But keep putting words into my mouth if you feel better about yourself.

You're basically admitting that you turn a blind eye to Democrats when it suits you. Well done.

Nope. Try again.

And Obamacare didn't get any backlash after it passed?

Of course it did.

they want an alternative that's better.

They need universal health care, but we both know that'll never happen. So they'll never get anything better.. not from the republicans at least.

Emn1ty
1 minute ago, wakjak said:

I didn't say that you did.

I never commented on the passing of Obamacare. I commented on the partisanship/lack thereof currently. But keep putting words into my mouth

You did indeed say that, as demonstrated right here:

13 minutes ago, wakjak said:

I'll give a pass to the Democrats when I see fit

I don't personally give a "pass" to anyone. This kind of thinking is what leads to the "well they did it..." circular argument. It doesn't matter who did it, it shouldn't be done.