9 posts in this topic

Hello! I've been using ShareIt for transferring files between my PC and laptop for a while now (WiFi). The software version was 3.5 and everything was working superb. The speed was almost always highest, had no transfer errors. Yesterday I try to send some files again (I'm stuck in bed for a while) and I got an update saying there's new version. When it finished updating the UI is slightly different but everything seems the same. So I try to send files and immediately it stops sending and a after a minute I get a red x as in failure. So how they managed to screw this good software I have no idea. Anyone knows of any alternative? 

I assume your pc and laptop both running windows?  If so why not just the built in windows file sharing?

I did, but it only allowed me to share less than 10GB of files, while with ShareIt I transferred 35GB in minutes!

There is no such limit in windows sharing..  I move TBs of data across my network all the time ;)

Really? I moved 5GB and then I tried moving another file, 3GB, and it said there's no more space!

Hello,

Have you reached out to the developer UShareIT for assistance?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Yea, I sent them feedback immediately after update. Got no response!

14 hours ago, yoco said:

Really? I moved 5GB and then I tried moving another file, 3GB, and it said there's no more space!

That would be a limitation of your hard drive space, not a file sharing limitation. As BudMan said, Windows File Sharing doesn't have any limits (other than your network connection, of course ;) ).

If it's only across your network, that would be the way to go.

2 people like this

^ hehehe you can not put 10 lbs of X into a 5 lbs bag as the saying goes...

Your destination having no space left is most likely why your shareit software stop working, but its too stupid to tell you the reason like just simple file sharing..