C# Book Recommendation

Question

3 answers to this question

Im currently reading "Programming C#" by Jesse Liberty, its pretty good, well written. There are numerous errors in the book but i think thats true with all C# books at the moment as they were all rushed out pretty quickly.

It starts you off with a short explanation of .NET which covers more or less all of it :) It then goes on to the core of the languuage and language concepts programming in the console. Part 2 of the book is all about Windows programming ADO.NET and Web Programming.

I would recomend it, in fact i already have and those i recomended it to like it too.

The "Professional C#" book from WROX is also supposed to be very good but its about 2x more expensive than the one by Jesse Liberty, also going by the reviews it has a LOT of errors in it too.

Hope this helps.

Tokhra

Thanks I'll pick it up this weekend.

I'm so excited about C#. I was writing a program in VB.NET, after I switched over to C#, it took me one night to do certain stuff in C#, which took me about 2 days to figure out in VB.NET just because the syntax was so similar to C++.

I just figured out that C# and VB is virtual no different than VB.NET, except for the syntax.