• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

OneDrive for macOS

Tarrant64    313

Quick question if anyone is using OneDrive.  I'm moving a lot of work back over to macOS soon from Windows.  Placeholders was gone for the longest time in Windows and is just now making it's way back.  Are placeholders still available in macOS at all?  

Placeholders was where you can see all your files in OneDrive without having to download first and choose what you wanted to pull down locally to your machine on a per file/folder basis.  It's been a few years since I've been on macOS and I don't recall if it was ever there to begin with.

Thanks in advance

Denis W.    726

Late reply, but: the macOS OneDrive doesn't, and never did support placeholders. Functionality it's more limited than the built-in app in Windows 10; it only recently gained support for sharing a link via the context menu in Finder.

• Like 1

Tarrant64    313
1 hour ago, Denis W. said:

Late reply, but: the macOS OneDrive doesn't, and never did support placeholders. Functionality it's more limited than the built-in app in Windows 10; it only recently gained support for sharing a link via the context menu in Finder.

Hey better late than never.  Couldn't remember if that was a thing.  Thanks.

• Like 1