Wonder Woman 1984

3 hours ago, McCordRm said:

The Invisible Jet would have been more realistic?

Who knows?  :P

• 3 months later...
On 7/12/2017 at 10:07 AM, Yogurth said:

Usually, I don't but even during those two hrs I was watching it I was dumbstruck how badly written, directed. acted the movie was. I actually laughed several times on stupidity. The cringe moments were even larger in numbers.

Actually, it fills in a rather LARGE hole that the TV series (the Lynda Carter series) did NOT cover (the Cold War main period was NOT covered; in fact, the Soviet Union was not covered at all).  The Captain America comics covered it only partially - but the movies didn't cover the Cold War either.  (The comics partially did in the All-Winners Squad series; while Cap was on ice for most of it - and even Namor was on ice during part of it - Marvel DID cover part of it.)  So, if anything, it makes more sense than what Marvel did.  There is a substantial period between the first WW movie and JL that has to be covered - and Diana was not on ice.

On 7/12/2017 at 8:07 AM, Yogurth said:

Usually, I don't but even during those two hrs I was watching it I was dumbstruck how badly written, directed. acted the movie was. I actually laughed several times on stupidity. The cringe moments were even larger in numbers.

In all honesty, it was like watching "Captain America: The First Avenger" in drag, because it was basically the same story IMHO, although, I'm not the only one who thought that.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:33 AM, branfont said:

To me, that's not such a great sign.

Why?   An extra 7 months doesn't hurt a movie, it could be a better date as November might be full with other movies while June could be lighter for all we know.   Besides, why rush these movies anyways?

3 minutes ago, George P said:

Why?   An extra 7 months doesn't hurt a movie, it could be a better date as November might be full with other movies while June could be lighter for all we know.   Besides, why rush these movies anyways?

You have seen Gal Gadot in costume, haven't you? 😍

54 minutes ago, DConnell said:

You have seen Gal Gadot in costume, haven't you? 😍

I have this lubricious dream about Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman and Assassin's Creed Odyssey's Kassandra.

We dine Γιουβέτσι or baked lamb and sip a bit of Ξινόμαυρο wine at a restaurant, then I take them to my house. My wife is already waiting at our bedroom.

As they hold the wooden ladder against the wall, I proceed to take out the summer curtains from the windows and replace them with winter curtains.

The lamb was very lubricious.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
2 hours ago, Jim K said:

I like the music.

Not really sure what is going on though....

Only thing I don't understand is how Steve is back, the rest is just a bunch of action pieces but nothing that gives the plot away which is good.  There could be yet another god in the mix in this one, like Aries was in the first.   Hell, if they do it right, with WW introducing the "old gods" then you open the door to a "new gods" movie which would be cool to see IMO.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wonder Woman 1984 has once again been delayed. Warner Bros. announced Friday that the film is being pulled from its Oct. 2 release date and moved to Dec. 25, according to Variety.

This makes me mad, not because of the delay to WW but to the possible delay of Dune now, which I'm way more interested in seeing.  *sigh*

It looks good but I like a mass majority of people won't step foot into a theater for at least another 6 months. They can't mandate things properly with mask requirements because they sell concessions and that gives people an out to keep them off the whole time while stuffing their fat faces full of popcorn and watered down soda. Before covid I was getting put off by going to the theater from loud people around me, people on phones, lack of upgrades to ones I've gone for years and so on. It just isn't worth the hassle as much as it was and then this.

They are clearly moving it because of exactly those like myself. I would rather pay $20 for a one time 4K HDR stream on opening day/night to watch it on my new $5k Home theater system I built in the last year or so just for my own viewing pleasure and enjoyment. With covid19 we've seen a shift away from the theater to the drive-in and also home theater has been booming I've heard from retailers selling equipment. I say bring it on..bring on the one time (reasonable $20-$25) fee to watch a newly released movie- - Must be in 4K HDR or no go.

If the return on Tenet has been anything to go by, they're going to be forced to release them to streaming sooner, or right away for those one time $20 to maybe $30 a pop fees.  Then release to BD/DVD faster and hope they make money.   Who knows, maybe they'll have a drug or a vaccine ready and then everything can open back up fully in a few months?  

On 11/09/2020 at 22:36, sava700 said:

It looks good but I like a mass majority of people won't step foot into a theater for at least another 6 months. They can't mandate things properly with mask requirements because they sell concessions and that gives people an out to keep them off the whole time while stuffing their fat faces full of popcorn and watered down soda. Before covid I was getting put off by going to the theater from loud people around me, people on phones, lack of upgrades to ones I've gone for years and so on. It just isn't worth the hassle as much as it was and then this.

They are clearly moving it because of exactly those like myself. I would rather pay $20 for a one time 4K HDR stream on opening day/night to watch it on my new $5k Home theater system I built in the last year or so just for my own viewing pleasure and enjoyment. With covid19 we've seen a shift away from the theater to the drive-in and also home theater has been booming I've heard from retailers selling equipment. I say bring it on..bring on the one time (reasonable $20-$25) fee to watch a newly released movie- - Must be in 4K HDR or no go.

For the record: My face isn't fat and I LOVE popcorn and watered down soda at the movies!  😄

On 12/09/2020 at 06:54, George P said:

If the return on Tenet has been anything to go by, they're going to be forced to release them to streaming sooner, or right away for those one time $20 to maybe $30 a pop fees.  Then release to BD/DVD faster and hope they make money.   Who knows, maybe they'll have a drug or a vaccine ready and then everything can open back up fully in a few months?  

This, but your timescale is optimistic at best... It's the only way they have a hope of making money on movies for the next year or so.

5 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

This, but your timescale is optimistic at best... It's the only way they have a hope of making money on movies for the next year or so.

For now it sounds like the plan, at least for Tenet, is to keep it going in theaters for longer than they would have normally, and expect it to inch it's way to break even, or close to it, and maybe then release it to HBO Max etc to make some profit.  Guess we'll see, just shows that these big budget movies, while great visually, can turn around and bite a studio hard.

• 1 month later...
On 17/09/2020 at 01:30, George P said:

For now it sounds like the plan, at least for Tenet, is to keep it going in theaters for longer than they would have normally, and expect it to inch it's way to break even, or close to it, and maybe then release it to HBO Max etc to make some profit.  Guess we'll see, just shows that these big budget movies, while great visually, can turn around and bite a studio hard.

Not official .... but ...

‘Wonder Woman 1984’: Warner Bros. Mulls January HBO Max Release or Delay to Summer 2021

Six weeks before “Wonder Woman 1984” is scheduled to open in theaters on Christmas, Warner Bros. execs are considering whether to push the highly anticipated superhero sequel to the summer of 2021, or keep the movie on its Dec. 25 theatrical debut and then put it on the HBO Max streaming service in early January, according to sources with knowledge of the plans.

The fate of the highly anticipated superhero film has been in limbo since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit in March, pushing the film’s theatrical release from June 5 to Aug. 14, then to Oct. 2, and finally to Dec. 25. But with COVID-19 cases spiking at alarming rates across the country, Warner Bros. is facing the the specter of another widespread shutdown, especially in major urban areas that drive the vast majority of the theatrical business. A cursory theatrical release could still support exhibitors on the knife’s edge of collapse, while also boosting subscriber growth for HBO Max, which has struggled to build an audience large enough to compete against Netflix, Amazon, and Disney Plus.

//

One thing that is pretty clear is that “WW84” will not skip theaters entirely. Jenkins has made no secret that she designed her movie for a big screen and feels strongly that it deserves to be seen there. And while a Warner Bros. representative declined to comment on “speculation” regarding the future of “WW84,” they did have one clear statement: “‘WW84’ will be in theaters.”

Variety

48 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Not official .... but ...

Variety

Pushing it back to 2021, specially the summer is a bad idea.  So many movies have already been pushed back, IF things are already by next summer, there's going to be no good room to open this type of movie IMO.   I'm sure WB is running the numbers though, so we'll see what they pick.  They have way more info than we do to work with.

15 hours ago, George P said:

Pushing it back to 2021, specially the summer is a bad idea.  So many movies have already been pushed back, IF things are already by next summer, there's going to be no good room to open this type of movie IMO.   I'm sure WB is running the numbers though, so we'll see what they pick.  They have way more info than we do to work with.

If they keep pushing releases back, they're not going to have anywhere to release them TO.  Cinema's in the UK have been open for months but with very little to actually show at least one large chain (CIneworld), have closed all 127 of its UK theatres...