Slimcleaner and Driver Updater

Question

Gotta give those guys credit, their distribution and marketing tactics must be amazing! Out of all the computers, I remotely connect into for support i'd say 80% of machines either have Driver Updater or Slim Cleaner or Both.

I've personally never been prompted to install it via any kind of download, yet 80% of the computers I connect into have it.

5 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Gotta give those guys credit, their distribution and marketing tactics must be amazing! Out of all the computers, I remotely connect into for support i'd say 80% of machines either have Driver Updater or Slim Cleaner or Both.

I've personally never been prompted to install it via any kind of download, yet 80% of the computers I connect into have it.

Have you used Driver Updater via remote or locally? Curious to how well the program works?

Edit: Not finding any results for a program simply called "Driver Updater," Is that the full name?

3 minutes ago, Marshall said:

Have you used Driver Updater via remote or locally? Curious to how well the program works?

I have not, it's a piece of trash wants money.

2 minutes ago, Marshall said:

Yeah I figured as much. I don't think a good, reliable, and free driver updater exists.

Go to manufacturers website. :)

Well actually, I really liked drivethelife.

58 minutes ago, warwagon said:

slim cleaner free used to be decent, but in the last few years its become trash and prone to malware tactics and verging on PUP/PUA, thats why your seeing it everywhere, its usually bundled with other "free" software.

There is also a copycat program that requests money. The driver updater (Slimdriver its called) is gash. 

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-slimcleaner.html