Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide by Hanging

wakjak

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.

Chester was married with 6 children from 2 wives.

The singer struggled with drugs and alcohol for years. He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin-park-singer-chester-bennington-dead-commits-suicide/

Circaflex

Very unfortunate news.

Brandon H

oh dear

Draconian Guppy

man... I want to feel sorry, but All I can see is.. it was planned with Chris Cornell, they were probably lovebirds :D

Edited by Draconian Guppy
firey

I feel bad for his kids. Linkin Park may have gone downhill since Minutes to midnight.. But their earlier stuff was solid.

• Like 2
Jim K

This sucks. And for Neowin members and their family/friends...

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

1-800-273-8255
Available 24 hours

• Like 10
Draconian Guppy
21 hours ago, Jim K said:

This sucks. And for Neowin members and their family/friends...

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

1-800-273-8255
Available 24 hours

+1

Call (1-800 273 8255) - National Suicide Prevention

Text (741741) - Crisis Text Line

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org

• Like 5
Draconian Guppy

Reports say him and Chris Cornell were really close, today would've been Chris' 53rd birthday... 

+John.

Such sad news. Thoughts go out to his kids.

Hell, I might put Hybrid Theory on and be 13 again.

LOC

Sigh, another sad day for music fans. RIP Chester.

Gonna listen to some Reanimation and Hybrid Theory like John said and enjoy them once again.

• Like 3
Draconian Guppy
17 hours ago, LOC said:

Gonna listen to some Reanimation and Hybrid Theory like John said and enjoy them once again.

ugh yeah cause that new record is... so bad...

NJ Louch

I'm not surprised - he never hid his battles with his issues, and the tone of the last single was really really weird. :(

Skiver

I was truly saddened this morning to hear this.

If someone was to ask me what my favourite album is, Hybrid Theory is the first album that comes to my mind. Their earlier music was amazing  I know Chester had a troubled early life and a lot of his music was unfortunately inspired by that. 

RIP Chester, you are and forever will be an artist I will never forget whose lyrics truly touched me. 

The Evil Overlord
2 minutes ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

I'm not surprised - he never hid his battles with his issues, and the tone of the last single was really really weird. :(

Yup some armchair psychologists have been trolling on twitter as they saw it coming from his last few songs

R.I.P. Chester

17 hours ago, LOC said:

My 2 favourite albums, even though Reanimation was just Hybrid Theory remixed

• Like 1
NJ Louch
1 minute ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Yup some armchair psychologists have been trolling on twitter as they saw it coming from his last few songs

Trolling?  I'm not calling him out on it, hey - everyone has issues.  I just simply wasn't shocked.

The Evil Overlord
5 minutes ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

Trolling?  I'm not calling him out on it, hey - everyone has issues.  I just simply wasn't shocked.

I was just confirming what you said bud

• Like 2
The Evil Overlord

... And so it begins here also....

• Like 1
NJ Louch
5 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

I was just confirming what you said bud

No no, I mean how are they trolling?

• Like 1
Astra.Xtreme

Ugh, another favorite band from my youth bites the dust...  It blows my mind that a super successful musician, that's rich and has a family, could throw it all away just like that.  They're the most able people in the world to step away and get help or clear their mind for as long as it takes.  I don't know if I'm more heartbroken or disappointed. :no:

• Like 1
The Evil Overlord
4 minutes ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

No no, I mean how are they trolling?

similar to the post above yours, except some of the responses were brutal

• Like 2
NJ Louch
1 minute ago, The Evil Overlord said:

similar to the post above yours, except some of the responses were brutal

Well I've made my feeling clear on idiots being harsh about the dead/dying today - it's cowardly and pathetic.

• Like 1
Daedroth

I was, and still am saddened by this news. Linkin Park were a band that I grew up listening to and they hold a special place in my heart. There's a certain nostalgia when I listen to their first two albums, taking me back to my early teenage years.

It's known that Chester has suffered various issues throughout his life, which was a large contribution to their sucess, from the lyrics he wrote for many of the songs. I think it's obvious that he planned to do this on the birthday of Chris Cornell, but when a person is in that state of mental depression, it is hard for them to see the light and hard for others around to get through.

For those who are saying that it is a selfish act and whatnot, I don't think you understand how serious mental illness is. It's not a situation I want to see anyone, but unfortunately there are countless people in similar positions in their life. Mental illness is still a stigmatism and people just don't talk about it...and that needs to change.

• Like 1
techbeck

Fake news is already starting around this.  "reports" that Chester Pennington and Chris Cornell were murdered to cover up a pedophile ring.  

NJ Louch
10 hours ago, techbeck said:

Fake news is already starting around this.  "reports" that Chester Pennington and Chris Cornell were murdered to cover up a pedophile ring.  

Absolutely disgusting things to entirely make up after someone's death.  What's wrong with these people?

+John.
39 minutes ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

Absolutely disgusting things to entirely make up after someone's death.  What's wrong with these people?

Anything to get the clicks for the ad revenue. No sense of decency at all.

• Like 2