How do I fix this wifi internet issue ?

my HP  laptop is  connected to MY  private  wifi  network.  

problem is ,  its not getting internet TODAY although it was working fine earlier.  I could not figure out where the issue occurred since I can connect to the same wifi internet from my other mobile devices and laptops.

I am trying to fix wifi internet connection to  my HP laptop.  Need some help

some details which you may need...

HP Pavilion 15

OS - Windows 8.1

I attempted these methods  :

wifi  is in full signal strength and shows connected . also wi-fi status shows packets sent & received .

Ping to ISP gateway  from command line showing packets reply . zero loss

I have disabled Avira antivirus firewall .

I have done quick System Scan with avira antivirus & malewarebytes . No detection

I have uninstalled ralink wifi driver and restarted  windows and again  installed ralink wifi driver from HP Recovery Manager.

I have run internet connection & network troubleshooting but no result.

finally  failed.  Its now frustrating ...I  can not think much  how do I go ahead with fixing

Need some help at this stage.  Please let me know if I require any diagnostics test.

thanks

As I'm probably the most unqualified person here to respond, feel free to disregard my post if it doesn't apply.

Have you tried a hard reset of your equipment, (modem, router etc.) and re setting up your relevant wifi information?
My experience has taught me, this usually fixes the most common issues I used to get.

2 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

As I'm probably the most unqualified person here to respond, feel free to disregard my post if it doesn't apply.

Have you tried a hard reset of your equipment, (modem, router etc.) and re setting up your relevant wifi information?
My experience has taught me, this usually fixes the most common issues I used to get.

Thanks  for the reply.

yes..did that as well.........but  no  result.

also interestingly to note  that this same wifi internet is connecting from other laptop & mobile devices without hassle. ...so this issue seems to be  with my hp laptop  ...not with wifi network.

6 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

What about connecting to other wireless networks, do you encounter the same issue?

wifi connects ... but internet  NO

I'm wondering if there is any firewall  which could block / slow down  internet ?  Is there any checks.

one quick update ...after waiting more time .... getting some internet ....its like a lower than dial up connection ! ...pages  loading after long time.....its horrible. ....earlier it was fast and nice ....something is wrong in my HP laptop.

However ISP connection speed is 8 mbps

In other laptop+ mobile devices I'm getting blazing fast wifi internet.

Is there any other thing to verify ? why its very very slow and sometime not working

Edited by Deep_Level_Shark

Sounds like your WiFi card is going the way of the dodo...

I'd get one similar to yours from eBay.

37 minutes ago, Deep_Level_Shark said:

I'm wondering if there is any firewall  which could block / slow down  internet ?  Is there any checks.

Yes there is. There is malware out there that can do it, as well as software that has it as an intentional feature.

My VPN provider's software has a firewall that blocks all incoming and outgoing while turned on and not connected to the VPN.

34 minutes ago, Deep_Level_Shark said:

So when you connect to a different network you experience the same issues with the Internet speed? Hmm...have you done any firmware updates recently?

Have you tried creating a Live USB of Linux and seeing if you get the same issue?

1 minute ago, Deep_Level_Shark said:

yes

@Nick H. has a really good idea. Try a live Linux distro on disk or flash drive and see if it has the same browsing issues. That tells you if its software or hardware.

Just now, adrynalyne said:

live Linux distro on disk or flash drive

okay.  I'll  try this Linux option.

However I just completed another diagnostics and wish to share an update here.

I have VMWAre installed in Windows 8 .  I  was booting Cent OS 6.7 linus in VMWARE and  there was  firefox in CentOS .... I checked internet speed there ....no improvement.....its very very slow.  Does it point to anything ?

Now ...I'll  try with Linux USB Booting.

30 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

So when you connect to a different network you experience the same issues with the Internet speed? Hmm...have you done any firmware updates recently?

Have you tried creating a Live USB of Linux and seeing if you get the same issue?

Is  there any minimum sized USB Linux distro  ?  I dont have any usb linux distro now ...  I'd would like to download for this testing.  any url ?

Most ISO files are <2GB.

6 minutes ago, Deep_Level_Shark said:

Is  there any minimum sized USB Linux distro  ?  I dont have any usb linux distro now ...  I'd would like to download for this testing.  any url ?

Most ISOs are <2GB.

30 minutes ago, Deep_Level_Shark said:

okay.  I'll  try this Linux option.

However I just completed another diagnostics and wish to share an update here.

I have VMWAre installed in Windows 8 .  I  was booting Cent OS 6.7 linus in VMWARE and  there was  firefox in CentOS .... I checked internet speed there ....no improvement.....its very very slow.  Does it point to anything ?

Now ...I'll  try with Linux USB Booting.

Not with a VM because it’s going through the host which has the problem. 

25 minutes ago, Deep_Level_Shark said:

https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/try-ubuntu-before-you-install#0

1 hour ago, adrynalyne said:

Yes there is. There is malware out there that can do it, as well as software that has it as an intentional feature.

My VPN provider's software has a firewall that blocks all incoming and outgoing while turned on and not connected to the VPN.

I did a scan with maleware bytes .

I get this detection 

2017-07-30_2301.png

what happened to maleware bytes ....Its not shwoing in English ...some weird characters.

and here is the identified threat 

2017-07-30_2309.png

Is there any way I could get this in English ? I could not understand what action I should be taking now.

I just noticed the detected threat, and here is what wikipedia says about it:

OpenCandy is an Adware module classified as malware by many anti-virus vendors. They flag OpenCandy due to its undesirable side-effects.[1][2] It is designed to be installed on a personal computer during installation of other desired software. Produced by SweetLabs, it consists of a Microsoft Windows library incorporated in a Windows Installer. When a user installs an application that has bundled the OpenCandy library, an option appears to install software it recommends based on a scan of the user's system and geolocation. Both the option and offers it generates are selected by default if the user simply clicks "Next" through the installation.[3][4]

OpenCandy's various undesirable side-effects include changing the user's homepage, desktop background or search provider, and inserting unwanted toolbars, plug-ins and extension add-ons in the browser. It also collects and transmits various information about the user and his/her Web usage without notification or consent.