Notes program for Windows that syncs to the cloud?

Question

I use Google's Keep on my Android phone but there isn't a Windows program for this and I want a program that stays in the system tray.

Does anyone have any other program/service suggestions?

5 answers to this question

Did you know you can access your notes via chrome? You can keep chrome running in the background, and even enable a system tray icon. Google even has an extension for it, https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-keep-chrome-extens/lpcaedmchfhocbbapmcbpinfpgnhiddi. This method wont require any extra programs or switching from the service you currently use. You can even create an App shortcut for Google Keep on Windows, http://www.pcworld.com/article/3092892/software/how-to-access-your-chrome-apps-without-the-apps-launcher.html

My other recommendation would be leaving Google Keep and using Microsoft OneNote. This application is available for Android and the desktop options has system tray support; you can also cross sync between your phone and computer.

• Like 2

As @Circaflexmentioned, OneNote stays in system tray, can be cloud-based for syncing/sharing - and is quite popular.

People who have to take notes regularly (students, etc) are quite fond of it.

I have been using it religiously since starting my new job.  All of my notes are updated immediately, sync cross-platform, copy/paste-enabled (so you can add just about any image/doc/file & is searchable & has the ability for add-ins such as Notetastic which gives the ability for macros to customize it.

I have been really pleased with OneNote

• Like 2

Oh my gosh, Onenote.  Yes.  It might not be a windows tray thing, but it is the best note taking app out there, in my opinion.  I will concede to a slightly rough learning and adopting curve but I've even got the wife to start using it, so that says something to me. :)

• Like 2