• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

The Password Poll.

Password Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

+warwagon    13,035

Welcome to the password poll.  Wow, 2 votes in 1 hour (the moment I created the poll), this poll is smoking :laugh:

Draconian Guppy    13,037

more than 500 :wacko: wow anything beyond 10 amazes me really :p

+warwagon    13,035
1 minute ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Well, almost every forum requires it's own login, Almost every eCommerce site requires their own passwords. Adds up quick. Each of those has to have their own different passwords to avoid a tumbling house of cards.

• Like 1

The Evil Overlord    18,440

I use The one password to rule them all, one password to bind them, one password...

What were we talking about?

• Like 1

+jnelsoninjax    11,855

I have one password that I use, but I modify it on a per site bases I.e. random caps, and/or changing a number or adding a special character. I also have TFA enabled for every spot I can, so if my password is compromised(*cough* steam all the damn time!) anyone with it is SOL.

Hurricane Andrew    42

483 sites, no duplicates.  Thank you, LastPass!

Circaflex    3,554

I use passworcard along with 2FA when I can; I do have some duplicates but good luck brute forcing those. I also do not have any passwords stored within my browser.

• Like 2

+warwagon    13,035
On 8/4/2017 at 2:03 PM, Draconian Guppy said:

Mostly what really adds up at least in my case, is forums. I was talking to a friend who said he only has 3 site passwords. The day after I talked with him I was looking for some stuff and in the process signed up for 3 different forums putting 3 more entries in my last pass.

+Zag L.    695

510 logins stored for me. I selected password manager - other. I used Last Pass for many years as a premium subscriber but moved over to Bitwarden about 16 months ago. Its not quite a full featured as Last Pass but it gets good reviews, is open source and can be self hosted.

+Human.Online    8,294

Apple Keychain, and one of my tasks next year is to move EVERYTHING into it, all those little sites I neglect.

Salty Wagyu    106

553 logins stored but I reckon half of that are sites I no longer use. Also switched to Bitwarden from Lastpass, seems to autofill boxes better than Lastpass is able to.