Profile images reset;those who haven't fixed it have just their name (light theme) or their name struck out (dark theme)

Some of us have had our profile pics reset. Not sure why. Re-uploaded mine and it said it had to be 100.048KB (I think — and that is a decimal place) or some other oddly specific number. My profile pic is 168K on disk, so I resized it to get it just under and re-uploaded it. I was seeing my name struck out and many other names struck out, so I checked my profile and saw that I no longer had a profile pic. I've fixed that, but for everybody who has yet to do so, I see their names struck out. I use the dark theme. On the light theme, it's just their name, no strike out, but there is a similar issue on the default theme.

I thought IPB had a standard default profile image. Looks like it's not popping up.

As a suggestion, can you have the forum pick from a pool of default profile images? It would be cool if you had a bunch of Neowin icons with different colors that were either randomly assigned, or assigned based on first letter of username or something to that effect. 

I'm doing a lot of speculating here, though I actually have *some* experience with IPB. It's been over ten years, but I did run one at one point .I know a lot's changed. My view into the Matrix that is the forum code is murky at best. But for a while, as I'm sure the people who deal with the code can attest, I used to look at forums and either understood how things work, or want to find out. (Now I'm happy just being a user.)

yeah i'll have to find the image again later or finally set a new profile pic if they can't be restored as I haven't changed mine since I joined Neowin lol :p