Missouri Democratic state senator says she hopes Trump is assassinated

techbeck

A Democratic state senator in Missouri is facing resignation calls for posting on Facebook Thursday that she hopes President Trump is assassinated.

“I hope Trump is assassinated!” state Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal wrote.

Chappelle-Nadal eventually deleted the post, but a screenshot was saved and shared on Twitter.

In interviews with local outlets, Chapelle-Nadal said she regretted her post but not her anger at the president. She blamed her outburst on the president's response to the white supremacist violence in Charlottesville.

“I posted something on my personal Facebook and I should not have done that, and for that I am sorry for that," Chapelle-Nadal told St. Louis television station KMOV. "But I am not going to shy away from what caused that anger at all, I'm not going to shy away from that."

The Secret Service told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch it is investigating Chapelle-Nadal’s post.

Meanwhile, top Missouri Democrats – including Sen. Claire McCaskill and the chairman of the Missouri Democratic Party – are calling on Chapelle-Nadal to resign.

More.....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/17/missouri-democratic-state-senator-says-hopes-trump-is-assassinated.html

Jim K

Time for her to go.  Can not have that kind of senseless talk coming from elected people.  I don't care how angry she is.

• Like 10

techbeck
1 minute ago, Jim K said:

Time for her to go.  Can not have that kind of senseless talk coming from elected people.  I don't care how angry she is.

Agreed.  Dont like what is happening, great, but there are more constructive ways to express your feelings and thing she can be doing to help matters.  Statements like this just make things worse.

• Like 2

TPreston
26 minutes ago, Jim K said:

I agree she should join Dana Rohrabacher on the first bus out

LaP
1 hour ago, Jim K said:

Yep. Being angry at someone is not an excuse for wanted him or her to be assassinated. She should resign asap.

shockz

Who decides that something like that would ever be good to say? She needs to resign, clearly she's lost it and unfit to hold the position. 

techbeck

These comments are career enders at times as well.  Plus, she is now being investigated by the SS. 

The Evil Overlord

I read about this on twitter last night.

Looks like she's ruffled some feathers, the FBI and Secret Service are going to be investigating.

(Which is understandable, he's still the head of state)

• Like 1

Astra.Xtreme

There's no excuse to say anybody should be assassinated.  Doesn't matter what side of the political spectrum it comes from.

There should, and hopefully will be, consequences for this sort of thing.

• Like 1

kcbworth

Shame that she boiled up to this level. Inexcusable statement from a public official

+Zagadka

You. Aren't. Helping.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hum
      Darren Wilson, the police officer who shot and killed teenager Michael Brown in a confrontation in August, has resigned from the Ferguson Police Department nearly four months after the confrontation that fueled protests in the St. Louis suburb and across the nation.

Wilson, 28, had been on administrative leave since the shooting on Aug. 9. His resignation was announced Saturday by one of his attorneys, Neil Bruntrager. The resignation was effective immediately, Bruntrager said.

"I have been told that my continued employment may put the residents and police officers of the City of Ferguson at risk, which is a circumstance that I cannot allow,? Wilson said in a resignation letter released late Saturday.

?It was my hope to continue in police work, but the safety of other police officers and the community are of paramount importance to me. It is my hope that my resignation will allow the community to heal,? the letter read.

more
    • By Hum
      HAMMOCK DUNES ? Six months after building a large custom house with an ocean view, Missouri residents Mark and Brenda Voss learned of a big problem ? it?s on the wrong lot.

Their three-story vacation rental house with an estimated construction value of $680,000 actually sits on the lot next to the one they own in the gated Ocean Hammock resort community.

?We are in total disbelief, just amazed this could happen,? said Mark Voss, who owns a property management and real estate company in central Missouri. ?We may have moved (to Ocean Hammock) someday. But, with this headache and grief, we?re not so sure. The Midwest is looking pretty good right now.?

The Voss?s builder, Keystone Homes, which is based in Ormond Beach but builds primarily in Flagler County, has contacted the two lot owners and other parties and is trying to negotiate a settlement, said Robbie Richmond, company vice president.

?The buck stops with the builder. We know that. We are in the process of trying to schedule a conference call and find a fair resolution without the lawyers,? Richmond said. ?I have built about 600 homes in Flagler County and this has never happened to me before. It does happen, but it?s rare.?

The Vosses, who own 18 other residential lots in the Hammock Dunes master-planned community, paid $160,000 for one with a street address of 23 Ocean Ridge Blvd. North in June 2012, according to Flagler County property records. They hired Keystone Homes to design and build a 5,000-square-foot house there to use as a vacation rental managed by Vacation Rental Pros in St. Augustine.

source
    • By Hum
      JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. ?  A Jefferson City woman was sentenced to five years in prison for assaulting two people over splitting $200 in bingo winnings.

Fifty-two-year-old Margaret Thomas of Jefferson City was given credit for time served after pleading guilty Monday to second-degree assault in a plea deal. She was originally charged with first-degree domestic assault and armed criminal action.

Police say Thomas stabbed two Jefferson City residents with scissors as they returned from playing bingo in Moberly in October 2013.

The Jefferson City News-Tribune reports  the three were on U.S. 63 near Ashland when Thomas stopped the vehicle and stabbed one victim, who required 32 stitches. Police say the second victim was hurt while helping the first victim.

Thomas then left the two passengers on the side of the road.

source
    • By Wyn6
      Ferguson, Missouri (CNN) -- A new witness in the police shooting of unarmed teen Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, told CNN that Brown and the police officer tussled at the police car window, then the officer shot the teen multiple times, as Brown backed away.

"What I saw was when Michael and the cop were wrestling through the window," Tiffany Mitchell told CNN's Don Lemon. A shot was fired while Brown was out the window. He got free, and the officer got out of the vehicle, followed Brown and shot him, she said.

He raised his hands, and the officer kept firing, she said.

Police fired tear gas at a crowd of protesters late Wednesday for another night, as the group gathered to protest Brown's deadly shooting.

Officers in riot gear then marched toward the protesters near a burned out gas station, which has become the gathering point for demonstrations.

Police announced that they no longer considered the protest peaceful, before they fired the canisters, CNN producer Yon Pomrenze said. People fled in all directions, as the stinging clouds wafted by them.
      A separate small group of over a dozen people gathered outside Ferguson's police station holding up signs and chanting protests for a fifth day.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/13/us/missouri-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I've seen many news topics from the mundane to the controversial posted and discussed on Neowin, often times as soon as they break. But, when I didn't see this topic posted, I waited a few days out of curiosity to see if it would. Just wondering why we're not talking about this and its aftermath.
    • By techbeck
      Apparently the threat of a costly ticket isn't enough to slow down drivers passing through work zones on Missouri's highways, so the state is taking extreme measures to solve the dilemma. Missouri's Department of Transportation is preparing to deploy the LRAD sound cannon ? a tool (some might say "weapon") that's been used to break up mass gatherings like Occupy Wall Street ? to warn motorists that they're going too fast. The device emits a targeted, deafening siren that "easily penetrates the windshield and well-insulated cab of a car, even overriding the vehicle?s engine sounds and a radio turned up loud enough to jam to tunes at highway speeds."

The state has already conducted tests with LRAD (embedded below), loading it onto the back of a truck and sending out verbal "slow vehicles ahead" warnings to nearby vehicles. But now Missouri has committed to the technology by purchasing two of the pricey devices. Transportation officials claim that they provide an unmistakable alert about slower roadwork vehicles up ahead, and insist LRAD will only be directed at speeding drivers that haven't yet moved out of work lanes. Still, critics maintain that the ear-piercing nature of the alerts presents a clear danger in and of itself.

More...
      http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/14/5613782/missouri-will-fire-lrad-sound-cannons-to-deter-work-zone-speeding