Orion theme updated for IPB 4.2

Some additional fixes:

- Forum picker (fluid view) is now collapsed by default (toggle to open) thanks @Timan

- Sidebar on forum index is reduced in width also thanks @Timan

- Ads have been updated to the new widget style in the sidebar (pls consider whitelisting Neowin if you don't subscribe already)

- read/unread link colors lightened on darkside 

- include/exclude from Minispy hidden on Mobile view

To do:

- Fix content area height for my (and others) OCD :p

SNAG-0018.png

27 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

If you mean the usermenu on main mobile not opening @Redmak @DaveLegg or @Timan haven't gotten around to fixing it yet.

No I mean this:

No mini-spy

I guess since you didn't know what I was talking about, that means that I need to do something on my end.  I used to have the recent posts @ the top of this page.
Capture.thumb.JPG.956150f977e3f1b7329724520859aa86.JPG

1 minute ago, T3X4S said:

No I mean this:

No mini-spy

I guess since you didn't know what I was talking about, that means that I need to do something on my end.  I used to have the recent posts @ the top of this page.

This has been posted about extensively in other threads, and it was discovered that the Minispy is hidden if you have an ad blocker enabled on Neowin.

This isn't by design from our end, but either way I would hope that our inline/on page only ads are not annoying enough to support the site.

PS: The fact that Minispy costs server resources and is blocked by adblocker is ironic, because it saves us bandwidth and server resources :p

Just now, Steven P. said:

This has been posted about extensively in other threads, and it was discovered that the Minispy is hidden if you have an ad blocker enabled on Neowin.

This isn't by design from our end, but either way I would hope that our inline/on page only ads are not annoying enough to support the site.

Oh... sry my bad.  I am on my laptop (not my "normal" computer)  - which is why I said "I guess I need to do something on my end"

No sir, what little ads there on here do not bother me in the least. 

Just now, T3X4S said:

Oh... sry my bad.  I am on my laptop (not my "normal" computer)  - which is why I said "I guess I need to do something on my end"

No sir, what little ads there on here do not bother me in the least. 

No worries, the change seemed to happen with the 4.2 update for some reason, but not by us!

5 hours ago, Steven P. said:

No worries, the change seemed to happen with the 4.2 update for some reason, but not by us!

it is kind of a neat side effect though for dissuading the use of ad block (maybe you should add a hidden message about ad blockers behind the mini-spy :p)

Sometime today Community Activity started looking like this (regardless of browser/OS).

Capture.thumb.JPG.0089b50c6637b8b11d69068872943545.JPG

...hard to read.  Looks fine in Orion Modern/Pro.

Edit:  Just moved my post from "Site and Forum issues" to here.  Anyway, it is very hard to read Community Activity (especially on the phone).

13 hours ago, LimeMaster said:

I can barely hear what @DConnell has to say. I think it was about Dr Who or something:

3edtSej.png

Fixed. I need help with the theme link styling because it uses the same button styling from desktop, which is dark text on light background while mobile is the opposite.

40 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

Fixed. I need help with the theme link styling because it uses the same button styling from desktop, which is dark text on light background while mobile is the opposite.

Hi Steven. While you're floating about the forums allow me to give an opinion on the site. You recently changed from two articles next to each other to a single article. My opinion only but I don't like it at all mate. Endless scrolling is required and can you please explain why you made the change?

4 minutes ago, JR1966 said:

Hi Steven. While you're floating about the forums allow me to give an opinion on the site. You recently changed from two articles next to each other to a single article. My opinion only but I don't like it at all mate. Endless scrolling is required and can you please explain why you made the change?

You can change the view back to two articles next to each other on the top of the sidebar.

3 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

You can change the view back to two articles next to each other on the top of the sidebar.

Cheers Steven, I wasn't aware of that. :)

On 9/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, Jim K said:

Sometime today Community Activity started looking like this (regardless of browser/OS).

Capture.thumb.JPG.0089b50c6637b8b11d69068872943545.JPG

...hard to read.  Looks fine in Orion Modern/Pro.

Edit:  Just moved my post from "Site and Forum issues" to here.  Anyway, it is very hard to read Community Activity (especially on the phone).

Fixed. (thanks @DaveLegg) who also fixed an issue where images would open in a new tab in news articles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I got lost at the other side of the interwebz. :( 

EDIT: For the sake of it, I should change my name back to Couch Potato like the old days. :p 

33 minutes ago, Wannes said:

I got lost at the other side of the interwebz. :( 

EDIT: For the sake of it, I should change my name back to Couch Potato like the old days. :p 

Both are legendary, welcome back! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Imo Pro is easier on the eye then Modern and that's great. Darkside can be a tricky one as some members profile name color is changed and nearly not viewble. Example :

neowin1b.PNG

Btw will Pro also be implemented in the Store?

Edited by upnorth