Scrolling Ads

I've seen this before, and no matter how much I try to ignore it, this morning it really set me off to the point where you almost lost a user.

What am I talking about you ask, well this morning it was the scrolling intel ad...... PLEASE STOP that crap! I want to read what's on your page without an add floating in my face.

hello

if you have an ad to report please include a screenshot and the source url so Admin can investigate

as well, are you logged in or logged out when the ad occurs and what page did you see the ad?

If you mean 'sticky ads" which scroll with the page, I am afraid hat is a requirement from our primary advertiser that they be viewable for 30secs .

This particular function is disabled if you are logged in on the site and only affects guests (unregistered).

I understand your pain, but we have to monetize in order to pay for our five server setup and AWS hosting/bandwidth/staff etc. I hope you understand!

Final note: I am meeting with our primary advertiser in January (they are based in San Francisco and I'm in Europe) to hopefully get a better deal for Neowin and a less intrusive experience for members and guests.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steven P. said:

If you mean 'sticky ads" which scroll with the page, I am afraid hat is a requirement from our primary advertiser that they be viewable for 30secs .

This particular function is disabled if you are logged in on the site and only affects guests (unregistered).

I understand your pain, but we have to monetize in order to pay for our five server setup and AWS hosting/bandwidth/staff etc. I hope you understand!

Final note: I am meeting with our primary advertiser in January (they are based in San Francisco and I'm in Europe) to hopefully get a better deal for Neowin and a less intrusive experience for members and guests.

Basically the solution is to register :p To be honest it bothered me, until I got the same reply.

(edit off topic, perhaps the square coloration of mods, subs, etc could be more subtle to only one side? )