Outdated Certificate for Neowin

Your connection is not secure

The owner of https://www.neowin.net has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

https://www.neowin.net uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate expired on Thursday, August 24, 2017, 4:59 PM. The current time is Thursday, August 24, 2017, 5:01 PM. Error code: SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE

Chrome blocks is and doesn't even allow me to continue to the site.

I still hate Fx!

1 hour ago, SpeedyTheSnail said:

This. I have to use IE to get to the site right now, can't bypass with Firefox.

Can add a cert exception in Fx.  Not in Chrome though.

I'm using Fx.

54 minutes ago, Nashy said:

I still hate Fx!

I'm using Fx.

I used to be able to but today it simply won't allow me to visit the site at all. Probably different versions. So I am forced to use Safari today and it is worse than any other browser when it comes to comments and the forum. NEOWIN remains the only site I have issues with and the annoying thing is that the issues are different in different browsers. e.g. Safari won't let me post a comment. I can press the button and it changes state but nothing else happens after that. In Firefox, the problems are with quoting other comments and in Edge it's just clunky and prone to long lock-ups.

Hi guys,

I have let our developer Dave Legg know about the issue, I'm sure he'll fix it soon. Thanks for the help! :)

1 hour ago, Nashy said:

I still hate Fx!

I'm using Fx.

You can ... with the --ignore-certificate-errors flag in Chrome (NOT RECOMMENDED!!!). :)  I created a shortcut w/ the flag just for Neowin until the issue has been resolved.

Woosa.....the admin will pick it up and resolve this, its not critical if your not able to get onto Neowin for a few hours, I'm sure y'all have other things to keep you actively engaged :) Happy Friday!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SpeedyTheSnail said:

This. I have to use IE to get to the site right now, can't bypass with Firefox.

Me too, Finally, I know when to use of IE :D

12 minutes ago, timmmay said:

I recall this happening several times in the past.  It's not rocket science to track your SSL guys!

They send about 10 emails before they expire too :-p

21 minutes ago, Nashy said:

They send about 10 emails before they expire too :-p

I remember neobond stating they had an issue with a server address, or possible some other address, they no longer used after the site was updated, a few years back, the emails went to the wrong address(es).

Possibly, the same happened again.

• Like 2