First grader sent to office for 'misgendering' fellow student

First grader sent to office for 'misgendering' fellow student
By Todd Starnes | Published August 25, 2017

A first grader at a California charter school was sent to the principal’s office this week after she accidentally “misgendered” a classmate in what’s being called a “pronoun mishap.”
The incident occurred at Rocklin Academy, a school roiled by controversy after a kindergarten teacher led an in-class discussion on transgenderism that included a “gender reveal” for a little boy who was transitioning to a little girl. 
For kindergartners.   

[...]

But she was terribly traumatized by the incident, England said. 
“The daughter came home from school upset and crying – saying, ‘Mommy, I got in trouble at school today,’” England told me. 
The little girl’s mother, who asked not to be identified, immediately contacted the school to find out what had happened. 
“She was told that whenever there is a pronoun mishap with this biological boy who now claims to be a girl -- the school must investigate,” England said. 

[...]

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/08/25/first-grader-sent-to-office-for-misgendering-fellow-student.html

5 minutes ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

Oh no, a thumbs down...  That showed me huh?

Because, there's clearly nothing more to this story, right?

Just retested it. It doesn't have any effect on your reputation counter. :p

I think the number of thumbs up have outweighed the disagreeing of your statement

It is a sad, sad, world when children feel the need to 'transition' from one sex to another.
They are children ffs. It should be a 18+ and older thing to do only. God this world is messed up.

Our bodies are just a shell of who we are, with who were are being determined by chemical levels, experiences, genetic traits etc.  However, who we are is not set in stone at any moment in time, but MOST CERTAINLY not before puberty. While I can not say with authority, I honestly feel parents/people should not encourage transgenderness in anyone before puberty is almost over. Sure it can be possible to know before then, but probability (and statistically) states that body that is male will most likely have a brain that is also male (and vise versa).  When puberty hits and they have developed and feel a certain way with greater certainty, so be it... then you know. 

• Dislike 3

25 minutes ago, Anarkii said:

It is a sad, sad, world when children feel the need to 'transition' from one sex to another.
They are children ffs. It should be a 18+ and older thing to do only. God this world is messed up.

It's probably the kids parent's who are encouraging it.

6 hours ago, trag3dy said:

That's what I'm thinking. Being told 'its cold to be a trans in this world' so they push that idea into the kids head, and they think they are doing it to make mummy and daddy happy. 
Like I said, it's a sad world when such things happen to kids who have no idea what is really happening. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, Buttus said:

so a kid can't consent to sex, unless they're deciding that they don't want to be a certain one.....

Give it time I have no doubt the left have plans to add P(edo) to the LGBQWERTY collective

“This innocent little first grader sees a classmate, calls him by the name she knew him last year and the boy reports it to a teacher,”

“The little girl gets in trouble on the playground and then gets called out of class to the principal’s office.”

Haven't they become progressive enough already? Or do they want more experiments to be done with the children? Because to me, that clearly seems like a regress, not a progress.

However, a lesson the little girl has learned for the rest of her life is called "stay away from the unstable freaks", which is a blessing in disguise.

And I'm really sorry for both of the children.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

12 hours ago, trag3dy said:

Sometimes perhaps. But it´s a mistake to assume that´s always the case and that kids don´t know enough to make decisions for themselves. 

My opinion used to be that kids had to be adults before they should make such decisions. And I saw a tv show in norway about families where kids being another gender and preparing to or even starting transitions. and tese kids where in no way forced by their parents and influenced, one was even a twin. and in fact for kids who know they are the wrong gender, it´s important they start inhibitor meds before their bodies change or the later actual transitions are a lot les successful. Maybe we should instead assume that kids are sometimes smart enough to know better for themselves than a random operson on the internet who´s never met or seen them.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

kindergarten teacher led an in-class discussion on transgenderism

Isn't that some heavy ###### to be laying on a kindergarten age kid? I was playing with toy cars and drooling at that age. 

* Truth: Nothing has changed :(

Political Correctness is collapsing into a singularity 

• Like 3

I feel like there's a lot of transphobia in this thread...  And I certainly get the perspective, cuz i mean, these are young kids...  But objectively, studies have proven that pushing against a child's assertion that they are not trans is far, far more damaging than accepting it.  Even young kids kill themselves over this ######.  

On the opposite side of the argument, yeah, I think sending a kid to the office for ACCIDENTALLY mislabeling a kid...  THAT is extreme...  If it was intentional, sure, have at it, punish the kid.  But for an accidental mislabel?  No.  Pull the kid aside and say listen, it's ok to make a mistake every once in a while, but just try to get into the habit of using she and her, regardless of how you feel about the whole issue, and it'll become second nature eventually.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Where is the confirmation that any of this is true ? Has anyone contacted the school ?

http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/10/14/girls-harassed-school-bathroom-transgender-student-told-his-rights-trump-their-privacy

^

Landed someone in suicide watch over a hoax.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TPreston said:

Where is the confirmation that any of this is true ? Has anyone contacted the school ?

http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/10/14/girls-harassed-school-bathroom-transgender-student-told-his-rights-trump-their-privacy

^

Landed someone in suicide watch over a hoax.

Dude, don't you know?  Fox News is the only mainstream media outlet that's not Fake News...  Donald Drumpf says so! ....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....  

5 minutes ago, The Rev said:

Dude, don't you know?  Fox News is the only mainstream media outlet that's not Fake News...  Donald Drumpf says so! ....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....  

This isn't even fox news its a blog post on fox

19 hours ago, trag3dy said:

I can't say as I disagree.  Maybe not even deliberately, but it's a fine line between teaching acceptance and pushing an agenda.

12 hours ago, Son_Of_Dad said:

Give it time I have no doubt the left have plans to add P(edo) to the LGBQWERTY collective

Usual nonsensical ramblings from someone who wishes to invoke a ludicrous hyperbole future scenario with no basis...

12 hours ago, Mirumir said:

"stay away from the unstable freaks"

Gender confusion is representative of an "unstable freak" in your eyes?  Well, that comment alone says more of you than any kindergarten kid who simply made a mistake.

20 hours ago, techbeck said:

Geesh...case where people are now afraid to use common sense in order to not offend someone.

When it's a blog post on fox news.

See - there's obviously going to be more to it than this:

"kindergarten teacher led an in-class discussion on transgenderism" - I bet it's significantly more likely that a boy transitioning to a girl was discussed so that the children had a context of what was happening

"that included a gender reveal for a little boy who was transitioning to a little girl" - again, the teacher providing some discussion or context to simplify the situation for the children who would be interacting with them

“misgendered” a classmate in what’s being called a “pronoun mishap.” - yeah look, it's a trope that schoolkids call their teachers mum and get laughed at, ###### happens and you misspeak - sending this to the principal is where it all gets out of hand

• Like 3

8 hours ago, HawkMan said:

Sometimes perhaps. But it´s a mistake to assume that´s always the case and that kids don´t know enough to make decisions for themselves. 

My opinion used to be that kids had to be adults before they should make such decisions. And I saw a tv show in norway about families where kids being another gender and preparing to or even starting transitions. and tese kids where in no way forced by their parents and influenced, one was even a twin. and in fact for kids who know they are the wrong gender, it´s important they start inhibitor meds before their bodies change or the later actual transitions are a lot les successful. Maybe we should instead assume that kids are sometimes smart enough to know better for themselves than a random operson on the internet who´s never met or seen them.

I didn't say "always".

And from what I've read and heard most kids grow out of their gender dysphoria during or after puberty.

Another fun fact - suicide rates for transgender people are much much higher than the general population. I wonder why that is?

I'll just save us a bit of time by saying I disagree that children should be allowed to start the transition process, given the above.

• Like 3