New Colbert police chief linked to neo-Nazi websites claims identity theft

There are questions surrounding the background of a newly appointed Texoma police chief after we found his name linked to websites that sell media and memorabilia aimed at skinheads and white nationalists.

Last week, the Southern Poverty Law Center released a hate map following the events in Charlottesville, Virginia.

That map identified only one group operating in Texoma - ISD Records, a website that sells racist media and memorabilia aimed at skinheads and white nationalists.

With a banner that reads "The Voice of Blood and Honour," an international coalition of racist skinhead gangs, ISD Records features artists like The Klansmen and album titles including "'Hitler was Right'".

///

NS88.com was also taken down shorty after we asked Alsbrook about it.

Colbert city officials declined to speak to us both about Alsbrook's hiring and this story.

Alsbrook says he is the interim chief until the city can hire a new full time chief.

http://www.kxii.com/content/news/New-Colbert-police-chiefs-name-linked-to-neo-Nazi-websites-441804593.html

Edited by Jim K
Please do not post entire articles - See "Guidelines on posting from other sites"

He is going to resign while maintaining his innocence.

The interim police chief for a small Oklahoma town near the Texas border is resigning after a local broadcast TV station reported he had ties to two neo-Nazi websites.

Bart Alsbrook, who was a reserve officer before being named interim Colbert police chief Tuesday, denied the allegations, and said his name was linked to the websites through vindictive skinheads he’d met at heavy metal concerts.

He later said the allegations have ruined his life and that he plans to resign as interim chief and won’t continue as a reserve officer. Alsbrook responded to the Tulsa World by text messages Saturday.

“Someone has been using my name for years on the Internet in regards to racist topics. It’s not me, rather someone who has hijacked my name due to my combativeness and rejection to white power skinheads who were always coming to the heavy metal shows, starting fights and messing up our scene,” he said.

/snip

Tulsa World