Transfer large files not matching size (HELP)

I need to transfer over 60GB of files from a Dropbox file to a USB flash drive. It takes over an hour to do with USB 3.0. When I transfer all the files and folders to the new location of the USB flash drive. The file size and count does not match. I'm doing it on a PC (Windows 10) and can't seem to understand why the file sizes are different. I did look through most of the files and its all there.

Any ideas on why this is happening.

I'm using the wrong account so this is me and not the other user. :-/

What sort of files are they, because dropbox could be doing some compressing, or do you have Windows 10 (NTFS) file compression on? That doesn't account for why the file numbers are different though, unless you have hidden or system files not showing in Windows 10 Explorer.

Download them in chunks, 10GB at a time or something?

How different are the values? Are you missing Gigabytes, or bytes? Are you missing 30 files, or 2?

4 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

What sort of files are they, because dropbox could be doing some compressing, or do you have Windows 10 (NTFS) file compression on? That doesn't account for why the file numbers are different though, unless you have hidden or system files not showing in Windows 10 Explorer.

I'm linking Dropbox to my hard drive. So I'm transferring from my drive to my USB flash drive. The files are off by 100MB but 100MB off or more than the Dropbox location on my hard drive.

Well Dropbox could be compressing, you can do a test by uploading a similar file you know works and is correct size and everything from your PC to dropbox and see if the size changes.

Try using robocopy. It will give you a log of what has and hasn't bee copied.

robocopy "source" "destination"

If you want to mirror any changes then add /MIR to the end. I also recommend /R:5 /W:5 so it doesn't wait for an age if it gets hung up on a file.