Disk Cleanup + SSD = unbootable

I used to use Disk Cleanup YEARS ago and it works no problem on a HDD Windows 7.
Now I just ran Disk Cleanup (with default settings - which is to clear temp folder, clear recovery/rescue files, update files, etc. etc).... on my SSD C:\Windows 7 - I do still have the old Windows 7 on the D:\ HDD (which was cloned to C:\ using the Samsung 840EVO SSD clone tool CD.

After reboot - Windows fails to start. It forever keeps on System Repair - reboot - System Repair - reboot - forever. It says lots of files are corrupted.
I tried to do a recovery - but it says my recovery files have been deleted. I tried installing Windows 7 ontop of my existing Windows installation (Upgrade option) but it won't let me - saying Windows was previously installed via Windows itself...

Someone please help!

You will have to reload windows. There are system files that were probably deleted in the process and the only way to replace them is to do a system repair in-place (which is already failing on you) or a repair with a retail disk. Even then sometimes it fails. The best way would be to buy a new hard drive and take out the old and load Windows on the new. If the computer came with 7 and the key is on the computer or if its a laptop it may be in the battery compartment you can go here and get a new image...https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

Once you load windows on the new hard drive you can reattach the existing hard drive via this cable https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01440BTS8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s04?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to pull your data back.

PSS: actually, I think I deleted the Windows folder from the old HDD already - so no way booting up there.

Microsoft Disk Cleanup options:
Downloaded Program Files
Temporary Internet Files
Game Statistics Files
Recycle Bin
Service Pack Backup Files
System error memory dump files
Temporary files
Thumbnails
Per user queued Windows Error Reporting
System queued Windows Error Reporting

---- so how can this corrupted my Windows on SSD?