Cell phone will not show up on PC when plugged in via USB

24 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Interesting, I will look at it with a bright light and see if I can see any damage. The phone was given to my friends wife, who gave it to me, so it is used, I just don't know how old it really is.

Did the phone appear at any point on the pc ?

2 hours ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Did the phone appear at any point on the pc ?

This one, no, the K7 did.

7 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

This one, no, the K7 did.

Well then to the advice above to try a 1.different cable, try a 2.different pc, if that doesn't work, factory restore phone go to,1,2, if that doesnt work, phone is borked

Just now, Draconian Guppy said:

Well then to the advice above to try a 1.different cable, try a 2.different pc, if that doesn't work, factory restore phone go to,1,2, if that doesnt work, phone is borked

Done one and two, and the phone is 'clean' , just reset it ~ a week or so.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2017 at 7:41 PM, jnelsoninjax said:

Done one and two, and the phone is 'clean' , just reset it ~ a week or so.

This is what was wrong with one of my machines.   Tho your issue differs as the phone not showing in device manager.  But worth a shot.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/solved-mtp-not-working-on-windows-10-aniversary/391842ee-bacc-4e35-84e2-8089dfdbb0bf?auth=1

• 3 weeks later...

OK, to add another odd twist to this saga! I googled "Setting the usb mode on the LGK10" and the first link goes to LG, the user guide, and it says to go to settings - storage- press the menu button (the 3 dots) from the upper right corner, and choose the mode. However, when I follow the directions, the menu button does not show up under storage, and when I use the developer menu to choose USB mode, it does not change, even though I choose MTP, it defaults to charge only, and I have tried this with and without the cable connected to the device. Edit: i just rechecked and it is now reporting that it is in MTP mode, but windows does not see it, and I just had a LGK7 plugged in and it was detected right away. I am about ready to reset the phone to factory defaults and see what happens, but at this point I have no idea why something that is supposed to be there (per the user guide) is not, and this is stock Android, just upgraded yesterday to 7.0

Edited by jnelsoninjax

• Jim K locked this topic