What Kind of Car?

had 92 corolla - wrecked

now have an 89 Mazda MX-6. I hate it. Its held itself together for 160,017 miles.

I can't stand Jap. cars anymore.

I've been saving up and am getting a 91-93 Thunderbird soon as i can. Sick of looking like a ****ing ricer in a jap. car.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Joose  

1997 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo

Check it out... its for sale.

if you lower the price to about $5000 and ship it to new york, i'll buy it off of you tonight :D that car is absolutely beautiful man...

i don't have a car :/ don't have a liscense yet. got my permit tho :D im not gettin a car, wish i could tho. I want a '92 - '96 Honda prelude, the older body. In black, pure black tints, blackouts, throw some black rims on their, get some groundfx, a nice 1000 watt amp with a pair of 12"'s and i'll be set :D.

but for now im driving my parents '01 Nissan Maxima :)

Check out this car - Brabus EV12 (nuff said :-) )

The Brabus E V12 has been appointed the title "The Fastest Four-Door Sedan of the World" by the editors of the Guinness Book of Records. Now there is no confusion. The E V12 was based on the popular Mercedes E-Class with a few "minor" differences, some being a V12 engine from the SL class enlarged to 7.3 litres and tuned to an output of 582 horsepower and 570 lb-ft of torque and a top speed of 206 mph or 330 kmph. This kind of performance is not matched even by the likes of Lamborghini Diablo, Ferrari 550 Maranello and Dodge Viper. All this power and torque are fed through a beefed up five-speed automatic transmission.

In addition, the Brabus E V12 is equipped with ASR anti-slip-regulation and the ESP driving stability system. To deploy this level of power safely, the accompanying chassis has to be something equally special. Brabus has thus developed a sport chassis for the E V12 that combines sharp handling and outstanding roadholding with the sort of ride comfort you would expect from a supreme trans-continental express. Rounding off this package is an excellent braking system composed of cross-drilled ventilated discs with four-pot calipers.Last but not least, the interior appointment also fulfills all desires of the discerning customer: the price includes a complete leather appointment in BRABUS Mastik, a special leather, that is tanned without any chemicals. A fine HiFi system with CD-changer completes the high-quality equipment of this special car.

To a casual observer the E V12 looks like a normal E-Class, however unless the casual observer happens to be driving a McLaren F1, this sedan won't be staying in his/her rearview mirror for long.

Specifications

Base Price, DM 457,700

Engine Type 48-valve V12

Displacement, cc 7255 Power(DIN)@rpm 582@6000

Torque, lb-ft@rpm 570@4000 Curb Weight, lb 5075

0-62 mph, sec 4.9 0-125 mph, sec 16.2

60-0 mph, ft - 600 ft slalom, mph -

Top Speed, mph 206

Radish.

And this car - RENNTech Mercedes EV12

Like the Brabus E V12, the Renntech EV 12 (a.k.a. E7.4RS as tested in the 12/98 issue of Car and Driver) was also based on a Mercedes E-Class and is also an awesome performer. With a the 60 mph mark rushing by in less than 4 seconds, the century in 8.6 and a 12.1 second quarter mile run, the EV 12 will thoroughly spank any current Ferrari production model.

The EV 12 started its life as a normal E320 before undergoing extensive makeovers, especially in the engine compartment, where Renntech squeezed in a 7.4 litre V12 equipped with titanium connecting rods, ported and polished cylinder heads, bigger valves, moer aggressive camshafts and modified intake manifolds. A stainless-steel exhaust feeds twin catalytic converters while the engine obtains its air from twin carbon fiber air boxes that contain K&N filters. Modifications were performed to the fire wall in order to move the engine rear-wards for better weight distribution. The result: 481 horsepower and 483 lb-ft of torque at the rear wheels or 620 horsepower at 5800 rpm and 625 lb-ft of torque at 4600 rpm (using an estimated 23% loss through the driveline) plus a very decent 53/47 front/rear weight balance.

A heavy duty five-speed automatic (that's right!) transmission is hooked up to the powerplant and power is sent to the rear wheels through a Torsen limited-slip differential. The suspension was lowered with shorter, stiffer springs while larger diameter front and rear anti-roll bars, fully adjustable Koni coil-over shocks and a modified, stiffer subframe are also part of the package. In the end the EV 12 circles the 300-ft skidpad at 0.92g. But this RENNTech is not just fast in a straight line, it's a whole performance tour de force. RENNTech modified Alcon brake units, similar to those used in NASCAR, using six-piston calipers on 14.5 inch rotors in the front and four-pistons on 12 inchers in the back add up to some impressive braking numbers. The EV 12 comes from 70 mph (113 km/h) to a dead stop in 159 feet.The modifications also run to the interior. Front power Recaro seats were added, custom carpeting was fitted and a total of 440 square feet of German automotive nonshink leather dresses up the interior.

Back to performance. In a test peformed by Car and Driver, the EV 12 reached a two-way average terminal velocity of 198 mph on 255/45ZR-18 tires after hitting an unwanted speed limiter that ended the fun at 5400 rpm in top gear, 300 less than desired. RENNTech claims that with everything working at peak performance, their car should reach well into the 200s. Even at 198 mph, the EV 12 is also the fastest automatic car in the world. Oh, and did I mention it comfortably seats five passangers and provides 12 cubic feet of luggage space, At 290,00 USD :-)

Specifications

Base Price, USD 290,000*

Engine Type 48-valve V12

Displacement, cc 7414

Horsepower@rpm 620@5800

Torque lb-ft@rpm 625@4600 Curb Weight, lb 4064

0-60 mph, sec 3.9 0-100 mph, sec 8.6

0-150 mph, sec 19.9 1/4 mile, sec@mph 12.1@120

70-0 mph, ft 159

Top Speed, mph 198

http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/mercedes...ntech_ev121.jpg

and for the other picture link -