• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Nintendo's NES Classic Edition is coming back in 2018

Andrew    2,860

Nintendo's NES Classic Edition is coming back in 2018

Rachel England

Despite announcing it was game over for the NES Classic Edition earlier this year, Nintendo now says that due to demand, it plans to ship the product into 2018. Shipment timings are yet to be announced, but this is big news for fans who thought they were going to miss out after the console began disappearing from store shelves.

Continues...

Good news if you missed out on it previously (Y) Nintendo also announced larger shipments for the Super SNES in the US, too.

LimeMaster    15,600

Maybe that'll mean those sellers who charge way too much will have to put their prices down for a while.

dipsylalapo    1,771
2 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

Maybe that'll mean those sellers who charge way too much will have to put their prices down for a while.

Hopefully it'll stop them altogether! It's shame for those that really wanted to buy and play on this, and not just take advantage of the resell value. 

• Like 1

LimeMaster    15,600
2 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Hopefully it'll stop them altogether! It's shame for those that really wanted to buy and play on this, and not just take advantage of the resell value. 

Whilst that would be ideal. Nintendo would have to somehow limit the amount a person can buy, and as we know Nintendo hasn't done a good job of that so far.

dipsylalapo    1,771
3 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

Whilst that would be ideal. Nintendo would have to somehow limit the amount a person can buy, and as we know Nintendo hasn't done a good job of that so far.

I can't speak for Nintendo, but I know in the UK eBay were removing these from their site and Amazon were cancelling orders of more than 1. Just need ole Nintendo to do the same. 

• Like 1

LimeMaster    15,600
4 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

I can't speak for Nintendo, but I know in the UK eBay were removing these from their site and Amazon were cancelling orders of more than 1. Just need ole Nintendo to do the same. 

That's a good start. I imagine that's where most of those sellers come from, so maybe there's more hope than I expected.

• Like 1