What VPN server should I choose??

ZeroHour    60
3 hours ago, BudMan said:

And how is it "with" the vpn.. That would be a valid test.. VPN is going to be a hit that is for sure..  That you could find a vpn provider for a few $ a month that would give you close to your 1Gbps seems a bit far fetched if you ask me ;)

Lets see a test where you get your full gig, and then do the same download via your vpn..

Yeah I am going to test that, I doubt any vpn is going to max out my net tbh, I am happy enough with PIA's speeds for now, I had used a couple of others in the past but they were much slower and would be consderably slower than my old net link which was FTTC (70Mb sync).

+BudMan    2,863

Lifetime plan.. How long ago was it and who exactly is it with?  Can not tell from that ad..

allBSperiod.thumb.png.840a84aa5213eb70b3625bf32e94ea4a.png

But utter pure BS plan and simple that 10k+ reviews with 5 stars.. And that they show 90% off.. Nonsense again..  And it ends in 6 hours - oh my better hurry!!  So clearly these reviews are utter ###### created by some bot or child worker in china getting 1/4 penny a review he posts ;)  And ends in 6 hours, but you got it years ago - sure ok.. These are the 3 things that scream out as SCAM completely..

• Like 1

Mindovermaster    859
50 minutes ago, xplatinum said:

NordVPN has awful speeds.

Is that all 100+ connections? I dount it has bad speeds to each VPN server.

+Mando    2,979
On 13/09/2017 at 9:53 PM, Draconian Guppy said:

Well wanting to hide from getting DMCA notices is a privacy thing no ? 

no its a copyright theft thing. :p 

joke!

+T3X4S    4,274
5 hours ago, Mando said:

no its a copyright theft thing. :p 

joke!

:whistle:   I would never get a VPN for that

• Like 2

Shiranui    1,643

I don't use it, but how about Tunnel Bear?

+BudMan    2,863

Well if what the OP is after is hiding their info from the man, then that might be a good option for them.. But most likely not going to torrent with it

https://help.tunnelbear.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2419827-can-i-torrent-with-tunnelbear-

Right from their help site - they block torrents..  Here is a pretty good write up on tunnelbear

https://hackernoon.com/poking-the-bear-is-tunnelbears-client-safe-to-use-5960f756f4ea

+warwagon    9,566
On 9/15/2017 at 5:13 AM, BudMan said:

Well if what the OP is after is hiding their info from the man, then that might be a good option for them.. But most likely not going to torrent with it

https://help.tunnelbear.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2419827-can-i-torrent-with-tunnelbear-

Right from their help site - they block torrents..  Here is a pretty good write up on tunnelbear

https://hackernoon.com/poking-the-bear-is-tunnelbears-client-safe-to-use-5960f756f4ea

After the creation of Pedobear I can't believe anyone would name their VPN service tunnelbear ... until unless Tunnelbear came first.

• Like 1

The_Prodigy_1982    3
12 hours ago, BudMan said:

That's right... I have no intent to get torrent or anything, since torrents are also a potential security treat.
I purely want to hide my info from governing bodies and other companies who have nothing to do with my privacy.

• Right now I'm looking at NordVPN, IPvanish or ExpressVPN.
Not sure yet, which to get...

Dinggus    307
On 9/13/2017 at 9:34 PM, ZeroHour said:

I have had over 25MB/s (megabytes) with PIA so speed is quite good, I have a 1GB net connection.

Not tried Nord but they would be my second option.

I have a 50MB/s connection and getting 59Mbps down and 5Mbps up.

+BudMan    2,863

Then use tunnelbear.. Use the FREE version -- are you really moving more than 500GB a month?

Terry504    8
On 9/14/2017 at 0:07 PM, Terry504 said:

I got this years ago from here works well for me     VPN Unlimited  : Lifetime Plan..5 devices 

https://deals.neowin.net/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription

got it in 2015-05-06 for $39.00 but mostly just use it for phone...... and torrents time to time

Copernic    339
On 9/13/2017 at 8:33 PM, Mindovermaster said:

Most "for life" subscriptions are a rip-off. Think @BudManwould agree... I'd trust a 6mo or year subscription more...

Here's a interesting discussion about Windscribe VPN .