What VPN server should I choose??

3 hours ago, BudMan said:

And how is it "with" the vpn.. That would be a valid test.. VPN is going to be a hit that is for sure..  That you could find a vpn provider for a few $ a month that would give you close to your 1Gbps seems a bit far fetched if you ask me ;)

Lets see a test where you get your full gig, and then do the same download via your vpn..

Yeah I am going to test that, I doubt any vpn is going to max out my net tbh, I am happy enough with PIA's speeds for now, I had used a couple of others in the past but they were much slower and would be consderably slower than my old net link which was FTTC (70Mb sync).

Lifetime plan.. How long ago was it and who exactly is it with?  Can not tell from that ad..

allBSperiod.thumb.png.840a84aa5213eb70b3625bf32e94ea4a.png

But utter pure BS plan and simple that 10k+ reviews with 5 stars.. And that they show 90% off.. Nonsense again..  And it ends in 6 hours - oh my better hurry!!  So clearly these reviews are utter ###### created by some bot or child worker in china getting 1/4 penny a review he posts ;)  And ends in 6 hours, but you got it years ago - sure ok.. These are the 3 things that scream out as SCAM completely..

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, xplatinum said:

NordVPN has awful speeds.

Is that all 100+ connections? I dount it has bad speeds to each VPN server.

On 13/09/2017 at 9:53 PM, Draconian Guppy said:

Well wanting to hide from getting DMCA notices is a privacy thing no ? 

no its a copyright theft thing. :p 

joke!

• Like 1

Well if what the OP is after is hiding their info from the man, then that might be a good option for them.. But most likely not going to torrent with it

https://help.tunnelbear.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2419827-can-i-torrent-with-tunnelbear-

Right from their help site - they block torrents..  Here is a pretty good write up on tunnelbear

https://hackernoon.com/poking-the-bear-is-tunnelbears-client-safe-to-use-5960f756f4ea

On 9/15/2017 at 5:13 AM, BudMan said:

Well if what the OP is after is hiding their info from the man, then that might be a good option for them.. But most likely not going to torrent with it

https://help.tunnelbear.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2419827-can-i-torrent-with-tunnelbear-

Right from their help site - they block torrents..  Here is a pretty good write up on tunnelbear

https://hackernoon.com/poking-the-bear-is-tunnelbears-client-safe-to-use-5960f756f4ea

After the creation of Pedobear I can't believe anyone would name their VPN service tunnelbear ... until unless Tunnelbear came first.

12 hours ago, BudMan said:

That's right... I have no intent to get torrent or anything, since torrents are also a potential security treat.
I purely want to hide my info from governing bodies and other companies who have nothing to do with my privacy.

• Right now I'm looking at NordVPN, IPvanish or ExpressVPN.
Not sure yet, which to get...

On 9/13/2017 at 9:34 PM, ZeroHour said:

I have had over 25MB/s (megabytes) with PIA so speed is quite good, I have a 1GB net connection.

Not tried Nord but they would be my second option.

I have a 50MB/s connection and getting 59Mbps down and 5Mbps up.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been happy with PIA. Now with that said, I only use it when I travel or must use public hotspots for internet. I considered other solutions but when traveling with several devices its just an easy way to add a layer of privacy in an otherwise wide open environment.

Always and I can't stress this enough...always check that WebRTC is blocked when you use any type of VPN as otherwise your screwed not matter what vendor/service.

Here's a small list of WebRTC leak test sites that will show your genuine local IP or not :

Turn ON your VPN before you click the links.

https://browserleaks.com/webrtc

https://ipleak.net

https://tenta.com/test/

Good luck! 

Yeah because knowing your 192.168 address -- oh my gawd the hackers going to get you now!!

You disable webrtc at the browser level anyway..

webrtcfirefox.thumb.png.5f9154c3be5f238e98a6c2ba73479180.png

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

A vps that can do that cost all of $15 year... I have a few of them all over..  But I use them for testing network speeds from other areas no so much for vpn traffic..  But yeah I can vpn through any of them with a simple firewall rule change on my router.

As to the whole no logging claim - yeah they all just lie about it anyway.  The recent case of PureVPN working with the FBI to track the online bully/stalker.. But we don't log anything - we can not even see where you go!! ;)

This is my point - why do people trust some company they give couple bucks a month to..  But they are so worried about their isp giving away their info??  I just do not get the lack of logic here!!  But everyone on the vpn bandwagon... I give this company $49 and they will not log and not tell anyone anything for LIFE!!!  Come on...

BTW that sale that was ending in 6 hours..  Its good for 6 days again... Same price - but more reviews now, 11K 5 stars...  Dude you know this is just BS..   Nothing gets 5 starts with more than a handful of reviews because someone is always going to find something they do not like..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BudMan said:

A vps that can do that cost all of $15 year... I have a few of them all over..  But I use them for testing network speeds from other areas no so much for vpn traffic..  But yeah I can vpn through any of them with a simple firewall rule change on my router.

Yeah a VPS would also do the job as well :) Beside I surf the internet without a VPN since it doesn't matter what you do, you can't cover your track 100% of the time.

I give another vote for Windscribe. I got in on a Neowin deal that offered a free account with 50GB bandwidth limit per month, but the free option today still offers 10GB and everyone I've offered the idea to has told me it suits them fine.

Although I see the original post to this thread is about a month old now. I guess you've already made a decision. :laugh:

Dude you can down thumb every post I have ever put on the forum... It's not going to change the fact that your info is just BS...  You do not block webrtc at the vpn... And even if you don't block it who gives a ######?  Its going to show your rfc1918 address and your public IP.. Which they have to see if your connecting them.. Be it your real IP like in my first post or vpn IP..

Here I just connected to a vpn.. Oh my GAWD they got my vpn tunnel IP rfc1918 172.16...  Oh know they know my vpn IP...

browserleak.thumb.png.f4e20d1fdf3bf8f4229c446696d318d5.png

Sure turn off webRTC if you want... But its done at the browser level!  And they are going to know your public IP, be it vpn or not.. So who gives 2 ###### that they know your rfc1918 address?  Only case that it would make sense if you were on public IP vs behind a nat..  Must be 1000's of users here in that scenario ;)

• Like 1

On 9/13/2017 at 0:34 PM, ZeroHour said:

I have had over 25MB/s (megabytes) with PIA so speed is quite good, I have a 1GB net connection.

Not tried Nord but they would be my second option.

That’s not what I would call good. 

Nordvpn looks good but I think its jacked up to have to pay protection money to be on the net.  I have to wonder why cable providers are not taking the lead on security like VPN. It should be included in the price we pay for service.