What VPN server should I choose??

36 minutes ago, Jazmac said:

Nordvpn looks good but I think its jacked up to have to pay protection money to be on the net.  I have to wonder why cable providers are not taking the lead on security like VPN. It should be included in the price we pay for service.

Where you hear of "protection money"?

56 minutes ago, Jazmac said:

Nordvpn looks good but I think its jacked up to have to pay protection money to be on the net.  I have to wonder why cable providers are not taking the lead on security like VPN. It should be included in the price we pay for service.

Protection money :woot:

On 9/13/2017 at 7:19 PM, The_Prodigy_1982 said:

Lately I'm beginning to worry about privacy, 

• NordVPN

Hello!

You should check out this website:

https://thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/

It helped me make a decision when I was shopping for a VPN a couple of years ago.

I chose NordVPN back then, but my sub has since expired and I don't think I'll be renewing it. There's no point, at least for me.

The Internet was designed in such a way which was opposite to privacy.

IP is nothing, MAC address is everything © 

Sure you can get a VPN sub to watch some shows on Hulu if you are outside of the U.S., but if you are willing to pay money, why not just spend it on subscriptions to the shows that you like? This is a rhetorical question.

Who exactly do you think your paying protection money??  You do understand the whole vpn thing is a racket right..

The internet is going to beat you up -- give us money and we will protect you ;)  Which you sure and the F do not have to do..

There are legit reason for a VPN.. I use them every single day.. Routing your traffic through one to hide where you go from your isp is not one of them!!  Thinking your hiding who you are from website X, again not a reason..   I really don't get what why people think that vpn = privacy.. It sure and the F is like the farthest thing from that.. Doesn't get you any privacy..

Here is the thing.. Users use them because they think need too.. because some buddy told them he uses one.. Most users don't really have a clue to what is actually happening or not happening.. That is for damn sure..  Most likely the buddy that told them they need to use one doesn't have clue one either..

You want to know why people use them... They want to circumvent some geo restriction, or they want to hide that they download some movie via p2p and they don't want their isp to know or get a dcma..  Privacy has ###### to do with it...

It doesn't help that some VPNs also advertise security features such as "safe online banking" as if routing ones traffic thru an off-shore company makes the whole thing safer.

If someone has an oversees banking account and they want to access it without local authorities knowing about it, then a VPN might help a little at first. Raise your hand if you're hiding taxable income in another country.

Which brings me to my final point: the secret services folks are a smart bunch of people. Monitoring VPN traffic is one of their top priorities. I'm sure about it. This applies regardless of country of residence.

Here you go company... Here is some money, and here is ALL my traffic!!  Shoot even my queries because wouldn't want a dns leak!!  So let me route those through you too...

And why do you trust this company?  Because they said they don't log anything on their website??  Because their AD shows 5 stars with 11k reviews? ;)

If all their customers thought so high of them that they gave them 5 stars...  Why would they need a 90% off sale that ends in 6 hours? ;) hehehe..  Guess what tmrw, next week yet another user asking which company they should throw their money at and slow down their connection with because.. The isp might see that they did a query for www.neowin.net..

And such stuff should be private... <rolleyes>

• Like 2