How do I remove Dynamic Drive Overlay? DDO

I used Seagate DiscWizard Starter Edition on my Seagate 120GB HDD on a Pentium 75.. Now I have bought me a new computer (use the same HDD), but I want to remove the Dynamic Drive Overlay. How do I do that?

If u look at this page -> http://www.seagate.com/support/kb/disc/how...dwse_maint.html

Here it is written that u can remove Dynamic Drive Overlay, but I cant choose this section, because it is shadowed :(

Does anyone know what I can do?

Use the boot disk that you applied with DDO with, it will enable you to uninstall it - but be warned, it removes all data off the drive as the DDO resides in the boot record/partition table.

Radish?

I used the boot disks that i created from Seagate DiscWizard Starter Edition also i not very clear of what Radish? about data but if he meant it would remove all the data that is incorrect as i had data on it and it did not remove the data

Well I used DDO on my IBM HD, and was able to uninstall it fine with the same boot disk I used to install it.

Doesn't the Seagate DiscWizard Starter Edition have a menu system where you choose to uninstall the DDO?

DJ Prem - there were some reports that DDO's erase the data off the HD if you remove it.

Radish?

Well I used DDO on my IBM HD, and was able to uninstall it fine with the same boot disk I used to install it.

Doesn't the Seagate DiscWizard Starter Edition have a menu system where you choose to uninstall the DDO?

DJ Prem - there were some reports that DDO's erase the data off the HD if you remove it.

Radish?

I see....just back ur data before removing it Q\bat

If it's like what Radish says, 1. It'll delete all data and 2. It resides in the Partition Table and/or Boot Sector, then i'm sure that even a quick format would remove it straight off ?

Whats this DDO for anyway ?

After a bit of reading - I think it's like EzBIOS... Correct ?

I used EzBIOS on an old 233Mhz PC that couldn't see a 20Gb HD, only see 8.4Gb ;)

It's to allow older PC's to boot of HD's bigger than 32gb because the BIOS doesn't allow it or it's too old.

Radish?

It's to allow older PC's to boot of HD's bigger than 32gb because the BIOS doesn't allow it or it's too old.

Radish?

Aye, just read about it and edited my last post, :pL;)p ;)

I had precisely the same problem. :blush:

Thanks to the good folks @ Neowin, I was able to resolve it.

Check This Out and see if it helps.

Good Luck. :)

[EDIT] It occurs to me that this may not be the same issue, but this might help anyway... Good Luck [/EDIT]

I had precisely the same problem. :blush:

Thanks to the good folks @ Neowin, I was able to resolve it.

Check This Out and see if it helps.

Good Luck. :)

[EDIT] It occurs to me that this may not be the same issue, but this might help anyway... Good Luck [/EDIT]

thank u so mutch :D