Sign in to follow this  

More Holes in Russia-gate Narrative

Recommended Posts

+ctebah    2,745
Quote

New tests support the skepticism of U.S. intelligence veterans that Russia “hacked” the DNC’s computers, pointing instead to a download of emails by an insider, write ex-NSA official William Binney and ex-CIA analyst Ray McGovern.

By William Binney and Ray McGovern

It is no secret that our July 24 VIPS Memorandum for the President, entitled “Was the ‘Russian Hack’ an Inside Job?,” gave rise to some questioning and controversy – nor was it a surprise that it was met with almost total silence in the mainstream media.

The ongoing U.S. media campaign against Russia has been so effective that otherwise intelligent people have been unable even to entertain the notion that they may have been totally misled by the intelligence community. The last time this happened in 2003, after a year of such propaganda, the U.S. attacked Iraq on fraudulent – not “mistaken” – intelligence.

Anticipating resistance from those allergic to rethinking “what everybody knows” about Russian “meddling,” we based our VIPS analysis on forensic investigations that, oddly, the FBI had bent over backwards to avoid. In other words, we relied on the principles of physics and the known capability of the Internet in early July 2016.

We stand by our main conclusion that the data from the intrusion of July 5, 2016, into the Democratic National Committee’s computers, an intrusion blamed on “Russian hacking,” was not a hack but rather a download/copy onto an external storage device by someone with physical access to the DNC.

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/09/20/more-holes-in-russia-gate-narrative/

 

Another great article written by ex-NSA official William Binney and ex-CIA analyst Ray McGovern.

  • Like 4
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mudslag    4,383

Russia gate has grown significantly since this aspect of the story came to light and as such this aspect of the story has taken more of a backseat to other aspects of the Russian issue. The other aspects also have a lot more ground to stand on as well. Russia gate is far larger then just the DNC hack and has a lot more teeth now then it did back in 2016.

 

And just for some context regarding the writers, Binney is a whistleblower who left the agency in 2001 and McGovern left the CIA in 1990. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+ctebah    2,745
44 minutes ago, mudslag said:

Russia gate has grown significantly since this aspect of the story came to light 

This story was published a day ago.

 

Quote

The other aspects also have a lot more ground to stand on as well.

Like what?

 

Quote

And just for some context regarding the writers, Binney is a whistleblower who left the agency in 2001 and McGovern left the CIA in 1990. 

And?

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Raze    13,507

Their tests for transfer speeds is leave much to be desired.  What type of hardware did they use?  Lack of disclosure in regards to other things - locations, hardware, type of file and so on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mudslag    4,383
31 minutes ago, ctebah said:

This story was published a day ago.

 

Like what?

 

And?

 

 

Russia gate started with the DNC hack, which is the basis for the story and an aspect of the Russia gate whole that has taken more of a back seat. As for other aspects, the big one would be the connections Trump campaign members and now his family have with Russian officials and others relating to Russia, that is more in the foreground then the DNC hack part. 

 

 

As for the writers, what exactly did you expect to get by providing their backgrounds? They have clearly been out of those agencies for some time now and as such their backgrounds don't provide any additional validity to their story. You obviously and purposely included their background in an attempt to add validity to their story. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+ctebah    2,745
6 minutes ago, mudslag said:

 

 

Russia gate started with the DNC hack, which is the basis for the story and an aspect of the Russia gate whole that has taken more of a back seat. As for other aspects, the big one would be the connections Trump campaign members and now his family have with Russian officials and others relating to Russia, that is more in the foreground then the DNC hack part. 

 

If no proof is provided that Russia hacked the DNC, and trust me, there won't be, then the rest of the stories are meaningless.  

 

Quote

As for the writers, what exactly did you expect to get by providing their backgrounds? They have clearly been out of those agencies for some time now and as such their backgrounds don't provide any additional validity to their story. You obviously and purposely included their background in an attempt to add validity to their story. 

Did you read the article?

Quote

William Binney (williambinney0802@comcast.net) worked for NSA for 36 years, retiring in 2001 as the technical director of world military and geopolitical analysis and reporting; he created many of the collection systems still used by NSA.

  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xendrome    4,339
2 minutes ago, ctebah said:

 

trust me

Where have I heard those worse before.. hmm...

 

BTW you have some type of insider/privileged info? Maybe you should contact the special council or at least the FBI so they can interview you..

4 minutes ago, ctebah said:

 

William Binney (williambinney0802@comcast.net) worked for NSA for 36 years, retiring in 2001 as the technical director of world military and geopolitical analysis and reporting; he created many of the collection systems still used by NSA.

lol, seems legit.. works for NSA, uses comcast.net address for e-mail. That seems like he really knows his stuff.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+ctebah    2,745
1 minute ago, xendrome said:

BTW you have some type of insider/privileged info?

No, just common sense.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+ctebah    2,745
6 minutes ago, xendrome said:

lol, seems legit.. works for NSA, uses comcast.net address for e-mail. That seems like he really knows his stuff.

Wait, what?  Now his email provider is being questioned?  Hahahahahaahaha, that's pathetic....

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mudslag    4,383
4 minutes ago, ctebah said:

 

If no proof is provided that Russia hacked the DNC, and trust me, there won't be, then the rest of the stories are meaningless.  

 

Did you read the article?

 

 

Trust you why? What info do you have that others dont? And did you read the article? Cause they base a conclusion they came to on pure speculation on their part,not from evidence that they don't have access to.

 

Quote

We stand by our main conclusion that the data from the intrusion of July 5, 2016, into the Democratic National Committee’s computers, an intrusion blamed on “Russian hacking,” was not a hack but rather a download/copy onto an external storage device by someone with physical access to the DNC.

 

That principal finding relied heavily on the speed with which the copy took place – a speed much faster than a hack over the Internet could have achieved at the time – or, it seems clear, even now. Challenged on that conclusion – often by those conducting experiments within the confines of a laboratory – we have conducted and documented additional tests to determine the speeds that can be achieved now, more than a year later.

 

To remind: We noted in the VIPS memo that on July 5, 2016, a computer directly connected to the DNC server or DNC Local Area Network, copied 1,976 megabytes of data in 87 seconds onto an external storage device. That yields a transfer rate of 22.7 megabytes per second.

 

They are drawing a conclusion based on their own experiment, not evidence they have access to. 

 

 

As for Binney's role, we don't know what he created and what is used or how any of that plays into this current situation. Which again doesn't add validity to this story. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xendrome    4,339
11 minutes ago, ctebah said:

No, just common sense.

 

3 minutes ago, ctebah said:

Wait, what?  Now his email provider is being questioned?  Hahahahahaahaha, that's pathetic....

common sense dictates someone who spent 30 years working for the NSA would know better then to use a "comcast.net" e-mail address.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+ctebah    2,745
6 minutes ago, xendrome said:

 

common sense dictates someone who spent 30 years working for the NSA would know better then to use a "comcast.net" e-mail address.

Why?  What's wrong with comcast, or any other email provider?  You do realize that this isn't his only email address, right?

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+ctebah    2,745
15 minutes ago, mudslag said:

As for Binney's role, we don't know what he created and what is used or how any of that plays into this current situation. Which again doesn't add validity to this story. 

That's hilarious.

Quote

Binney was a Russia specialist and worked in the operations side of intelligence, starting as an analyst and ending as a Technical Director prior to becoming a geopolitical world Technical Director. In the 1990s, he co-founded a unit on automating signals intelligence with NSA research chief Dr. John Taggart. Binney's NSA career culminated as Technical Leader for intelligence in 2001. Having expertise in intelligence analysis, traffic analysis, systems analysis, knowledge management, and mathematics (including set theory, number theory, and probability), Binney has been described as one of the best analysts in the NSA's history.

I would also watch A Good American if I were you.

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+ctebah    2,745
Quote

“The evidence that should be there is absent; otherwise, it would surely be brought forward, since this could be done without any danger to sources and methods,” the letter stated. “Thus, we conclude that the emails were leaked by an insider – as was the case with Edward Snowden and Chelsea Manning. Such an insider could be anyone in a government department or agency with access to NSA databases, or perhaps someone within the DNC.”

When the government says they can't release any evidence because it would endanger national security, and the sheep buy it :laugh:

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mudslag    4,383
5 minutes ago, ctebah said:

That's hilarious.

I would also watch A Good American if I were you.

 

 

What's hilarious is that still doesn't dispute the point you quoted me on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+ctebah    2,745
2 minutes ago, mudslag said:

 

 

What's hilarious is that still doesn't dispute the point you quoted me on.

Of course it does.  I'd listen to what guys like him say, they are the true "patriots" nowadays.  

 

But hey, he uses comcast email so all his points are automatically invalid :laugh:

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mudslag    4,383
6 minutes ago, ctebah said:

Of course it does.  I'd listen to what guys like him say, they are the true "patriots" nowadays.  

 

 

 

 

You sound like something a sheep would say. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+ctebah    2,745
4 minutes ago, mudslag said:

 

 

You sound like something a sheep would say. :D

I really hope so.  If only more people would listen to guys like him the US wouldn't be such a screwed up country.  

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shiranui    1,679

So Russia hacked the DNC to ensure that Hillary lost the election despite winning the popular vote?

Never knew the Russians were so clever. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Raze    13,507
3 hours ago, ctebah said:

I really hope so.  If only more people would listen to guys like him the US wouldn't be such a screwed up country.  

And you have the nerve to go on about (time and again) how Americans are brainwashed.   You seem to have no immunity yourself.  Time for you to let it go and quick attacking the US, your rants and accusations are meaningless in the larger scope of things.  Try and find a different obsession, it would be good for you.  ;)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xendrome    4,339
10 hours ago, ctebah said:

You do realize that this isn't his only email address, right?

Ahh HAH, you work for the guy or are his grandson or something? How else would you know he has more then one e-mail address.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+ctebah    2,745
2 hours ago, xendrome said:

Ahh HAH, you work for the guy or are his grandson or something? How else would you know he has more then one e-mail address.

Again, it’s called common sense.  Try it sometimes.

8 hours ago, Raze said:

And you have the nerve to go on about (time and again) how Americans are brainwashed.   You seem to have no immunity yourself.  Time for you to let it go and quick attacking the US, your rants and accusations are meaningless in the larger scope of things.  Try and find a different obsession, it would be good for you.  ;)

Yep, I got the nerve, since, unlike many Americans, I’m not brainwashed.  

  • Dislike 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mudslag    4,383
6 hours ago, ctebah said:

 

Yep, I got the nerve, since, unlike many Americans, I’m not brainwashed.  

 

 

Just curious, who are you to say who is or isn't brainwashed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+ctebah    2,745
8 minutes ago, mudslag said:

 

 

Just curious, who are you to say who is or isn't brainwashed?

Someone with a common sense :)

  • Dislike 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mudslag    4,383
19 minutes ago, ctebah said:

Someone with a common sense :)

 

 

That's being subjective and doesn't really answer the question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.